Golf Clothing- what is your favorite and why?

Wicked Cool Bearded Man

4thegolf+4thefriends
Reaction score
Handicap
6.3 GHIN
Just reading up on some of the clothing threads got me thinking- what is your go to golf clothing company? Does it change depending on the time of year? Does it change from shirts to shorts, to sweaters/pullovers and polos?

Oh man, great topic. Mine definitely changes with the seasons and frankly I don't have a brand necessarily, as I seem to judge them each based on their releases.

FWIW, I follow a lot of the trends based on what FairwayStyles has going on. He stays on top of the game and makes my work easier.

I'm not really brand loyal, just looking for whatever fits. I've got a lot of adidas polos, but beyond that, it's a mixed bag. I'm really getting tired of looking for golf pants and finding they go up to 42 or even 44, but nothing higher; fat people gotta wear clothes too!

Oh man, great topic. Mine definitely changes with the seasons and frankly I don't have a brand necessarily, as I seem to judge them each based on their releases.

FWIW, I follow a lot of the trends based on what FairwayStyles has going on. He stays on top of the game and makes my work easier.

Totally agree. They do make it easier. Last year my golf wardrobe totally changed. One of the things I love about THP is how it opens my eyes to new companies. Right now my warm weather wardrobe is pretty much all puma. Cold weather is mostly under armour. I'm really pumped about the Bobby Jones line up as it has great crossover to work potential.

Say I am cheap so I enjoy some Grand Slam shirts from Kohls and some PGA pants from Macy's. Like to find pant's that I can wear to work as dress pant's to and then head to the course after wards. I would like to have some fancy Oakley and UnderArmour Polo's but I don't wanna pay $40 for one.

Say I am cheap so I enjoy some Grand Slam shirts from Kohls and some PGA pants from Macy's. Like to find pant's that I can wear to work as dress pant's to and then head to the course after wards. I would like to have some fancy Oakley and UnderArmour Polo's but I don't wanna pay $40 for one.

Totally agree. Sometimes the sales are the only reason things end up in my closet. Fortunately, there are usually several to be found.

Totally agree. They do make it easier. Last year my golf wardrobe totally changed. One of the things I love about THP is how it opens my eyes to new companies. Right now my warm weather wardrobe is pretty much all puma. Cold weather is mostly under armour. I'm really pumped about the Bobby Jones line up as it has great crossover to work potential.

I can tell you that the new Bobby Jones stuff I have taken a look at is just awesome.

I'm a huge fan of the Izod golf pants. If there's an Izod outlet anywhere around you, you'll find them at really nice prices.

I like Nike and Ogio. They fit well have some nice styles. I find they are light and breath well. I need to explore Under Armour some more because I like their base layers and compression clothing. I also really like Bauer (hockey brand) for my base layers.

I really like Adidas and Lululemon shirts. Lululemon isn't at all golf specific but they are super comfortable shirts to golf in. I have one Cross shirt that I also like. As far as pants go I tend to stick with Nike and Puma.

I have a bunch of just plain color polo's, need to get some stripes. Think Macy's got some good deals on IZOD Polo's and pants now.
Totally agree. Sometimes the sales are the only reason things end up in my closet. Fortunately, there are usually several to be found.

I can tell you that the new Bobby Jones stuff I have taken a look at is just awesome.

I'm super pumped about this line. I love puma gear, but some of the colors are alittle tough to wear in the classroom haha

Im a huge fan of Bobby Jones and Peter Millar for the upper wear. Pants and shorts I like just about all of them.

I really like Adidas and Lululemon shirts. Lululemon isn't at all golf specific but they are super comfortable shirts to golf in. I have one Cross shirt that I also like. As far as pants go I tend to stick with Nike and Puma.

Totally agree with the nike and puma pants. I'd also throw in UA pants as well.

Big fan of Puma for shorts as they tend to fit me better than anything. Also like there shirts as they double as work shirts.

Need to get into some Izod though as I will soon be dressing up a bit nicer for work.

Can't stand Adidas or Callaway pants as I'm just in between 30 & 32 and that's irritating.

Also like me some Travis Mathew, especially shirts. Clean look for both on & off course and the fit is very good.

Right now I'm a Nike poster child, shoes, pants, shirts, and outerwear all Nike, I see that changing though in the near future, Bobby Jones has really got my attention this year.

I'm a huge fan of Oscar Jacobson and J Lindberg, I think they are just so classy.
Unfortunately, they are on the pricey side although I did pick up a couple of OJ 2013 shirts in the sales.

I love the fit and funkiness of Puma too, the 2013 range was outstanding IMHO.

I have a bunch of just plain color polo's, need to get some stripes. Think Macy's got some good deals on IZOD Polo's and pants now.

Macy's and some of the department stores have some really good sales towards the end of the seasons.

Yea they do, gotta wait till that next pay check for me.

As far as sweaters/pullovers, right now my two brands are UA and The North Face. I have two Travis Matthew sweaters that I love as well.

I have mostly Sligo and adidas...no real love affair for anything more than others
Eager to see some more of the bobby Jones line

I am not loyal to one brand. There are brands I won't wear but my clothing choices are based on the look of gear, the fit and quality. Nike, Adidas, puma all work for me. Il like Sligo, AP. Bobby Jones has one of the best lines I've seen in a,Ong time. Peter Millard is special as well

Grand Slam shirts. A in store brand at a regional retailer here. Usually less than $30 for a shirt. They sponsor DA Points, in case anybody wants to take a look. But I like to have a few Nike and Adidas. Just for variety and a few extra designs.

I actually like Walter Hagen pants. Because they usually look nice, quality enough, and are not as expensive

Golf clothes in general are really expensive. I have a hard time justifying the price tags of the major names when they don't offer that much more than less expensive options.

I'm not hung up on brands. If I like a how a shirt looks, I'll buy it whatever the brand. However, I have a lot of IZOD shirts and slacks in the closet, because there is an IZOD Outlet near me and they turn over their styles often. Others are Sligo, Adidas, Travis Mathew, and Ashworth.

Back