Tiger making special announcement tomorrow

MaryC

Lady of Leisure
Reaction score
Handicap
Back9 Beer
Tiger is sitting down with Golf Channel at 11am tomorrow for a special announcement of some type.

I'm thinking he's shutting it down for year.

Thoughts on this & the timing. Seems he always makes these special announcements around major events he's not in.

Its major week. Open Week. Somehow Mr. Woods had to be included right?
Have special announcement.
Then have traditional media dissect this announcement for the entire week including the tourney.
You can always count on Mr. Woods.

Will it ever end?? Plenty of opportunities for announcement at the AT&T last week. Attention *****!!

I just saw that too and was about to post it.

As I have said here before, I think he is done for the year"...........or maybe he and Stevie are splitting the sheets? He has caddied for Adam Scott a few times lately.

When is the proper time for him to make an announcement? There is a tournament every week that he would be interrupting with an announcement. Should he wait until a week from tomorrow so that he detracts from the British winner?

I agree that this is likely a major surgery or shutting it down for the year announcement.

Thanks for the heads up Mary.

Will it ever end?? Plenty of opportunities for announcement at the AT&T last week. Attention *****!!

I agree....he had a whole damn week where he was hosting last week, plenty of TV coverage, but he has to wait until Open week to open his trap!

Im very curious about this actually. If this is a "Im shutting it down for the year", I will have mixed feelings.
1. So glad we wont have weekly updates on whether he will be playing.
2. Why the heck is the timing ONCE again when it should not be on Mr. Woods, but rather a very big tournament going on. He had his own tournament (sort of) and all the time in the world, just a week ago.

When is the proper time for him to make an announcement? There is a tournament every week that he would be interrupting with an announcement. Should he wait until a week from tomorrow so that he detracts from the British winner?

I agree that this is likely a major surgery or shutting it down for the year announcement.

We don't need an announcement. Tell a media source and let them report it. We don't need a news conference for every single bit of information on him. this is getting old.

its major week this week and we just had an entire week dedicated to his own tournament last week.

Its major week. Open Week. Somehow Mr. Woods had to be included right?
Have special announcement.
Then have traditional media dissect this announcement for the entire week including the tourney.
You can always count on Mr. Woods.

My thoughts exactly. I knew we'd have endure a certain amount of talk about him beforehand but this means all Tiger versus seeing any of the actual golf or having good analysis of my favorite major.

Makes me want to sleep in every day now versus wake up early, make tea & scones/crumpets/toad in hole/proper English breakfast complete w sausages, broiled mushrooms & tomatoes (my planned 4 day breakfast with the Open menu) cause I won't have any appetite left

We don't need an announcement. Tell a media source and let them report it. We don't need a news conference for every single bit of information on him. this is getting old.

Golf Channel could very well tell him to do that, but they didn't...they're just as guilty as TW for that. Do you think the media coverage all week is really any different if he announces it on Twitter vs Golf Channel?

its major week this week and we just had an entire week dedicated to his own tournament last week.

Playing devil's advocate, he's talked with the doctors again this week, and the decision has just been made.

Since he has already bowed out of the open this week, there is nothing that pressing that could not wait until after this week's tournament. Just hope this is the last one for awhile and not something stupid about a condom sponsorship or the like.

Is this like lebron James the decision but just for golf? I love tiger but this is ridiculous

Tap tap taparoo

I'm sure he was advised by his agent and publicist on this. As much as I'd like to give him the credit for staying in the forefront, It's not his idea.

My thoughts exactly. I knew we'd have endure a certain amount of talk about him beforehand but this means all Tiger versus seeing any of the actual golf or having good analysis of my favorite major.

Makes me want to sleep in every day now versus wake up early, make tea & scones/crumpets/toad in hole/proper English breakfast complete w sausages, broiled mushrooms & tomatoes (my planned 4 day breakfast with the Open menu) cause I won't have any appetite left

Can I come have breakfast at your place?

This just in, I have no idea what Tigger is doing right now.

Golf Channel could very well tell him to do that, but they didn't...they're just as guilty as TW for that. Do you think the media coverage all week is really any different if he announces it on Twitter vs Golf Channel?

Playing devil's advocate, he's talked with the doctors again this week, and the decision has just been made.

I dont doubt that. And I am sure that will be the reason. So why not announce it today, yesterday? But when you have watched it for 2 years now, you have to expect the result of this. This is what he does. Its always what he does.

Here is an idea. Why have any announcement? This isnt a guy that was planning on playing in a whole lot of events coming up anyway. Lets face it, look at the last few years of his schedule. He skipped the Open due to injury this year. Why is this announcement important right now? The truth is, its not important and means absolutely NOTHING to one of the biggest events in golf for a calendar year. We all know the reasons. its sad, but we do all know the reasons.

Meh. To me this doesn't take away from open week at all. To bad he's not playing. But no biggie. So what if Tiger gets 5 minutes. They're going to talk about him anyway so may as well let them talk about his announcement.

My money is on him shutting it down for the year. I am not interested in his week to week health. Unfortunately he is a joke now, and these announcements don't help anything.

I like watching Tiger Woods play golf. I really want him to get better and start playing good golf again. I want to see him winning golf tournaments, not being a punchline.

Ho-hum.

Take that however you want, hehehe.

Here we go again.....

What we need is poll.
1)miraculous comeback announcement.
2)shutting it down for the year.
3)Retirement
4)other (waffle house baby)

I tapped that.

never mind.

Last edited:

Or his publicist is a genius.

Back