TaylorMade Releases R11S Driver Preview

I think like the R9 460, this will be a huge release for TM. Those that loved the R11 will try it out because it is the newer version and those that struggled with the R11 will try it out because it could be the one for them.

I think like the R9 460, this will be a huge release for TM. Those that loved the R11 will try it out because it is the newer version and those that struggled with the R11 will try it out because it could be the one for them.

And, those that bought and struggled with the R11 will probably want it as well. I was surprised at how well the R11 did considering much of the feedback. I suspected all along that they'd put this one out down the road.

I kind of want to get on a monitor with this just to see the difference the adjustments make. The videos of Sergio and DJ were really cool. I would love to be able to dial in my driver like that.

The R11s has my ears perked up a bit, as I did not like the R11 at all and just found it awkward to hit. Really curious to see the changes they made with this one and to see how it performs.

I am really curious to see what it sets up like. I am hoping it sits a little flatter. The original just didn't sit right to me after awhile. I am super curious to see shaft offerings and upcharges. I hope this driver will be the one to last. I don't care how long the fitting is, how much the shaft is. If it works better than my 2.0, I will pick one up. Who am I kidding here...
Please please be the one

I am really curious to see what it sets up like. I am hoping it sits a little flatter. The original just didn't sit right to me after awhile. I am super curious to see shaft offerings and upcharges. I hope this driver will be the one to last. I don't care how long the fitting is, how much the shaft is. If it works better than my 2.0, I will pick one up. Who am I kidding here...
Please please be the one

The R11s is 4 degree's more upright, not what your looking for but it will help those who struggle to square the club face.

Thanks, I just looked at that. I am sure I can adjust it. Oh well, I am sure the fitter will find something that will work. I love the black paint on the bottom. I hope it doesn't chip like the previous models did. I am surprised there is not a testing going on. It's the same price point though as last year.

Anyone hear of the shaft options yet? This should be no secret, but it seems it is. Also, anyone hear about upcharges for exotics

That is an awesome looking driver! I will definitely be looking to bag this one. I can see this one giving some people who bought the R11 some buyers remorse! lol.

Ya definitely agree!! The adjustability of the R11 with the forgiveness and stability of a 460cc head! Im sure there will be a lot wishing they had waited

Ya definitely agree!! The adjustability of the R11 with the forgiveness and stability of a 460cc head! Im sure there will be a lot wishing they had waited

I do not need this club
I do not need this club
I do not need this club
etc, etc

I'm more tempted by the Rocketballz irons.......although that would be my 5th set of irons in a year which can't be helping my play

Just ordered a R11s 10.5 and a R11s 3wood.

Good ole Taylormade re-releasing clubs.. Is it possible they toned down the R11 from the R9 to make this R11s just seem better? The white sold the first R11 even though performance wasn't all that great. Now maybe the R11s will actually perform?

I would disagree that the performance of the R11 was lacking. Forgiveness is lack maybe, but the driver performs very well. I believe TaylorMade went with the original first because it is what the pros want to play. They bring the R11s out later because it is what the general public should be playing.

Good ole Taylormade re-releasing clubs.. Is it possible they toned down the R11 from the R9 to make this R11s just seem better? The white sold the first R11 even though performance wasn't all that great. Now maybe the R11s will actually perform?
Too bad it didn't work out for you. Curious, where was the club lacking for you?

Too bad it didn't work out for you. Curious, where was the club lacking for you?

It's a decent club , I find it to be more penal on mishits and not as long as my Titleist 910...

I'm still interested in trying this driver due to my liking for the R9 460. Although, I must admit that the RBZ line has stolen the show for me in terms of interest level.

I'm still interested in trying this driver due to my liking for the R9 460. Although, I must admit that the RBZ line has stolen the show for me in terms of interest level.

I agree. It seems as though the Rocketballz might be stealing some of this drivers thunder. I loved the R11 when I was swinging well and I think the added forgiveness of this one could push that driver line into more peoples hands. I for one will be giving this one a thorough exam at some point when they start hitting the stores haha.

I feel the opposite to this. I am really interested in the new R11S. I liked the R11, but struggled with the forgiveness of it. I think the R11S is going to be one of the best drivers of this year. I still have not been sold on the RBZ line. I still feel like it is a Walmart brand.

I feel the opposite to this. I am really interested in the new R11S. I liked the R11, but struggled with the forgiveness of it. I think the R11S is going to be one of the best drivers of this year. I still have not been sold on the RBZ line. I still feel like it is a Walmart brand.

I still really dislike the RBZ name. The performance people are seeing intrigues me but I think this one will be near the top of my must hit list. I wonder if the R11 driver line may have taken a hit because of the nature of its forgiveness or some of the early feedback it was getting? I hope the R11s turns out to be a beast.

I'm going to have to give this driver a shot. I love the fact that if you go with the TP version you have up to 25 different shaft choices to go with. That's giving you some a very large range of things to consider. I really do hope they changed the feel of the R11S thought. When I tested the R11 it didn't matter how well and pure I hit the ball it felt like I was hitting a ROCK.

I'm going to have to give this driver a shot. I love the fact that if you go with the TP version you have up to 25 different shaft choices to go with. That's giving you some a very large range of things to consider. I really do hope they changed the feel of the R11S thought. When I tested the R11 it didn't matter how well and pure I hit the ball it felt like I was hitting a ROCK.

Oddly my driver is the one club I don't like to feel "soft" on contact and the fact I get a proper "smack" feeling out it when I really catch a drive was a major plus point for me.....I do still wish I'd been more patient and waited for the R11S though

I still really dislike the RBZ name. The performance people are seeing intrigues me but I think this one will be near the top of my must hit list. I wonder if the R11 driver line may have taken a hit because of the nature of its forgiveness or some of the early feedback it was getting? I hope the R11s turns out to be a beast.

Me too. I really wanted to love the original R11. It was a great driver on good days, but when you looked at the stats. It just didn't make since. Once I got the forgiveness of the Razr Hawk in my hands. It was not contest. I think the R11S is going to come with this forgivingness and add some distance. I am excited to hit it at the demo day.

Oddly my driver is the one club I don't like to feel "soft" on contact and the fact I get a proper "smack" feeling out it when I really catch a drive was a major plus point for me.....I do still wish I'd been more patient and waited for the R11S though

It's so so much that I want to feel like I'm hitting a cup cake with my driver but the R11, to me, has the worst feel off the club face. I was never able to tell if I hit it square or not. My most drivers you can say where on the face you hit it but with the R11 I never felt I could. There are A LOT of new drivers out there this upcoming year so it's going to be a hard buy for me, but I didn't like any of them last year that's why I didn't buy one.

Me too. I really wanted to love the original R11. It was a great driver on good days, but when you looked at the stats. It just didn't make since. Once I got the forgiveness of the Razr Hawk in my hands. It was not contest. I think the R11S is going to come with this forgivingness and add some distance. I am excited to hit it at the demo day.

That's kinda what happened to me too haha. It was just night and day. I have a feeling we are going to be hitting a lot of the same clubs. Probably my favorite part of the R11 was it sitting at address. I hope it the 460 doesnt looke too big. The original definitely appeared bigger to my eyes.

It's so so much that I want to feel like I'm hitting a cup cake with my driver but the R11, to me, has the worst feel off the club face. I was never able to tell if I hit it square or not. My most drivers you can say where on the face you hit it but with the R11 I never felt I could. There are A LOT of new drivers out there this upcoming year so it's going to be a hard buy for me, but I didn't like any of them last year that's why I didn't buy one.

I really liked the crushing sound of a good drive but I can see where you are coming from. For me the feel would change a lot depending which shaft I hit too. I have TP Blur and just tried the RIP Beta... loved it!

I really liked the crushing sound of a good drive but I can see where you are coming from. For me the feel would change a lot depending which shaft I hit too. I have TP Blur and just tried the RIP Beta... loved it![/QUOTE]

I think that's why them offering 25 different shafts for the TP is going to be a big kicker! You're right, the shaft can make or break the feel of the club. My question is who in the world is going stock all 25 shafts to try. They TM demo cart just got a whole lot bigger.

That's kinda what happened to me too haha. It was just night and day. I have a feeling we are going to be hitting a lot of the same clubs. Probably my favorite part of the R11 was it sitting at address. I hope it the 460 doesnt looke too big. The original definitely appeared bigger to my eyes.

I'm just going to set up next to you and DMB and we'll just trade these back and forth. I think with the addition of the adjustable shaft, the RBZ has caught my eye, but I really want to see how they've improved the R11 and see what the difference between the RBZ and R11s ends up being. As much as I felt like I struggled with the R11, when I did hit one well, it was sneaky long...I just didn't do that often enough.

Back