2013 WGC Accenture Match Play Championship Brackets

i closed my eyes and threw darts at a board for these picks...
same with the GolfWeek brackets
same with the THP Fantasy picks
same as War Eagle's Fantasy Hockey team
and same as my short irons from 150 and in! BOOM!

I was very tempted to pick all Euro's in each match.

Well, I'm leaving my picks in. Final Four is Keegan, Dufner, ZJ, and Poulter. And Dufner and ZJ in the final where Dufner wins.

I have losts of upsets though. I got Rory losing in the 2nd and Tiger in the 3rd.

i like rory's blue hat

Charl is going to make it to the final 4

Calling it.

rory says he's got a new putter in the bag (idk if's the cameron or not), and that he put a new shaft that produces more spin and a heavier clubhead on his driver.

rory says he's got a new putter in the bag (idk if's the cameron or not), and that he put a new shaft that produces more spin and a heavier clubhead on his driver.

Heavier Method putter.

I am in. Thanks, Nate.

I just realized I'm going to have to go through these brackets to make my selections for fantasy to make sure my guys aren't playing each other early on...

I took Ghost's route and went with 8 that I hope are quality

I picked a finals of the Nike Men and had Tiger winning.

I picked Marcel Siem to beat Luke Donald, then win the second match as well. BOOM!

I picked a finals of the Nike Men and had Tiger winning.

I picked Marcel Siem to beat Luke Donald, then win the second match as well. BOOM!

for reasons unbenknownst to me I read that as "mike nen", and I was like, who the hell is mike nen? :doh:

Match Play 1.jpgMatch Play 2.jpg

ACCENTURE MATCH PLAY HAT
Above is hat I am donating to the first place winner.

Practice Day at the Match Play. I watched Sergio, Shwarzel (played together), Donald, Dufner, Padraig, Simpson, Keegan and Rickie.

Random Thoughts:
--Weather will be the story for day 1. 100% chance of rain AND snow tomorrow at noon. I am not sure what the plan is -- heard the first tee times may be delayed by two hours.
--Today was beautiful. No one could believe a major winter storm is hours away. Windy, gusts to 30mph, but the way they hit it, the ball just penetrates.
--Some golfers look bigger and some look smaller than they appear on TV. Peter Hanson is big. Carl Pettersen is not so big. Everyone is fit.
--Sergio was hitting both the old R1 and new R1 driver. He was using Trackman and said he thought he was hitting old R1 the best.
--Schwarzel is longer than I expected. Desert air or not, 7800 yards with forced carries, undulating greens, rain and wind is going to test these guys.
--Tiger is still the Rock Star. He did not show up to the complex until after noon and then met with media until about 1:30pm. Crowds gathered in anticipation of getting an autograph -- he signed none. On the other hand, Ernie Els walked up to the concession stand to buy a beer and then sat down and signed autographs and talked to people.
--Ricky Fowler and Keegan Bradley seem to be buddies.
--Course is in PERFECT condition.
--I am going back tomorrow and Thursday -- will watch on TV after that.

Last edited:
Thanks for putting it together Nate!!

I am picking Justin Rose to win it all over Tiger. Of course I may have just put a huge jinx on the guy.

In the desert it doesn't play that long though

yeah the altitude adjustment rate has it actually playing about 7,441 yards. with the cold and snow i imagine it should play kind of long

Anyone else see Freddie Jacobson sneaking through a couple rounds?

Im in! Thanks for this Nate!

Rory been testing Covert FW, wonder if we see it this week.

This is a tough week.. I've been rearranging my lineup all day. I'm now down to only 1 American.

Rory been testing Covert FW, wonder if we see it this week.

I thought I read somewhere he went to the Covert FW. Might have just been testing though like you said.

Got my fantasy picks in for this one. Picked some sleepers that I think will play well.

I think rory should go to the covert fw. At abu dhabi I thought the vr fairway woods were the clubs he had the most trouble with. I know the popular image recap of that week was his near snap hook fairway wood on 18, but it went beyond that.

It's partially why he scored so poorly, I thought he generally hit the ball solid aside from a few holes where he made double; rory just didn't 1) make anything at all and 2) the fairway woods were the clubs he consistantly hit poorly and couldn't take advantage of any of the par 5's to make up any ground. He did hit the ball better than what his score indicated.

I thought over both days in abu dhabi he hit the ball consistantly better than tiger, tiger just scrambled like a mad man as he has been known to do

Do you guys know if there is going to be a streaming or something like that that will cover the entire day tomorrow? Golf Channel will start to broadcast at 12.

Do you guys know if there is going to be a streaming or something like that that will cover the entire day tomorrow? Golf Channel will start to broadcast at 12.

Not sure about the entire day but you can watch GC coverage thru WGC website with a comcast account. Maybe other cable providers will be accepted, too.

Not sure about the entire day but you can watch GC coverage thru WGC website with a comcast account. Maybe other cable providers will be accepted, too.

I actually have access to GC... I was just wondering if there is any way to watch it before noon since the italian guy Manassero is going to play pretty early.

Back