SeeMore SPi Experience

Great write up dean awesome job M9 is a solid choice and sure is sweet looking

Amphibians can tapatalk!

Nice write up dean. Reading up on these fitting experiences makes me want to experience one first hand. Super in depth and exciting to see the tangible changes right off the bat.

thanks fellas. Brad it's something I wish I had done much earlier now in my golfing time. I can't wait to see how it translates to the course.

Great writeup dean and congrats on the m9

Looks like you learned a bit and had some fun Dean. Congrats on the m9!

Great work captain, it sounds like our fittings were very similar when it came to the technology used!!!

I was debating between the m9 and the mFGP2, I'm glad I'll get to see it in person come July!!! I chose the same headcover as well, I love that tartan look!

He gave you a ton of information to think about, and the putting prescription is a great idea!!

Great read Dean!

Love the head cover & grip!

Those were my first choices as well. But:

1. Wife told me not take the head cover. Not me apparently.
2. John Higgins suggested a different grip.

:D

Great read Dean!

Love the head cover & grip!

Those were my first choices as well. But:

1. Wife told me not take the head cover. Not me apparently.
2. John Higgins suggested a different grip.

:D

I'm pretty sure the wife would have had me take something different too. I tried a few grips and that kind felt the best for me. We shall see.

So, for those of you that have had your fitting/first lesson (or more), what do you think will be the easiest change to your current putting stroke. Which will be the most difficult?

So, for those of you that have had your fitting/first lesson (or more), what do you think will be the easiest change to your current putting stroke. Which will be the most difficult?

Easiest:
Not sure yet.

Difficult:
For me I'm thinking it will be the grip. I've had pretty much the same putting grip forever. It will have to be a conscious decision to make sure it's how it's supposed to be. That and raising the grip up more to get everything in line.

I think I have made the easy changes. Even though I was close to the correct posture, the hardest change will be to get myself in the right position everytime.

Easiest:
Not sure yet.

Difficult:
For me I'm thinking it will be the grip. I've had pretty much the same putting grip forever. It will have to be a conscious decision to make sure it's how it's supposed to be. That and raising the grip up more to get everything in line.

I bet that one comes quicker than you think if you stick with it ddec. I thought it was going to be a tough change as well, but it ended up being one of the easier ones in the end.

I think I have made the easy changes. Even though I was close to the correct posture, the hardest change will be to get myself in the right position everytime.

Posture was, and really continues to be my struggle. It's just easy to creep back into a slouch over time and I don't even notice it until I start feeling like my stroke is wonky.

As I was a previous SeeMore user without the fitting/lesson and SPi I had a bit of experience before, but I'd say:
Easiest would using the RST, there is some effort involved in that and I'm already doing it!
Hardest would be my posture and getting my hands higher and the putter more up the lifeline, every time I work on it, it just feels a bit awkward, I know it's for the best and the putter feels like the heel is off the ground, which it's not! But if I take my old style the toe is off the ground which I don't want either!

For some reason I can't remember, but do you have any more lessons scheduled, Kyle?

I bet that one comes quicker than you think if you stick with it ddec. I thought it was going to be a tough change as well, but it ended up being one of the easier ones in the end.

Posture was, and really continues to be my struggle. It's just easy to creep back into a slouch over time and I don't even notice it until I start feeling like my stroke is wonky.

I am going to keep a CD in my bag so I can do a quick check prior to my rounds. Maybe even invest in an Eyeline.

The CD trick is getting stolen immediately.

I'm obviously excited for you guys. I know tyno has said it too, but I think one of the coolest parts about SPi is that you tend to get immersed in putting. It becomes something you think about a lot and enjoy doing. It's just natural that you see improvement as part of that.

Easiest for me is going to be the grip and ball placement. But the posture is what is gonna be hard for me. I use to crouch to midget height. I'm hoping the longer putter length will help keep me from crouching. So, that's definitely going to be different for me. I can't wait to get the PTM1 in my hands to get this going. I don't have any putters that are 35" except the BB0 and I'm not sure I want to practice on my birdie ball with it. I guess I could tape it up for now until "Roxy" gets here.

Easiest for me is going to be the grip and ball placement. But the posture is what is gonna be hard for me. I use to crouch to midget height. I'm hoping the longer putter will help keep me from crouching. So, that's definitely going to be different for me. I can't wait to get the PTM1 in my hands to get this going. I don't have any putters that are 35" except the BB0 and I'm not sure I want to practice on my birdie ball with it. I guess I could tape it up for now until "Roxy" gets here.

I figured that would be the toughest thing for you based off your old posture. Good news is that your back will be happier! Having the added length is going to force you to stand up at least.

I bet it won't be long before your putter is there. They are speedy!

Thanks for posting so much solid info Dean! Looks like you received some awesome instruction. I'm still waiting to hear back from my instructor (went out of town a little over a week ago), and can't wait to start this experience.

For some reason I can't remember, but do you have any more lessons scheduled, Kyle?
I hope to reconnect with TJ if I'm down in his area again, with it being a 3 hour drive, I bet I can only get in one or two before the MC!!!

Yea that's a bit of a drive.

A final question that I had was an area of my putting that I thought needed to be addressed. Usually I am very confident inside of 10-15 feet. However it’s my lag putting that I tend to struggle with. With that we talked about putter weight. How the proper weight of my putter could aid me depending on green speeds.

Great writeup Dean!

Question about putter weight & lagging: I gather from the video that for fast greens, you want a heavy putter, because it makes it a little harder to swing fast - almost like having the brakes on. But on slower greens, use a lighter putter, so you can hit it with a little more speed.
Did George say more weight was worse for lag putting? Or is there a preference of one over the other?

Dean that was an amazing writeup dude. Congrats. I love that putter shape

Back