Oban Kiyoshi Gold Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

After months of successful performance testing on the PGA and Web.com Tours, OBAN is launching the anticipated Kiyoshi Gold. OBAN's newly released Kiyoshi Gold ranks among the most advanced composite shafts in the world. The Kiyoshi Gold is produced using OBAN's proprietary MultiPlex Design Technology (MPT) to effectively combine a firm butt section and a responsive mid and tip section for unprecedented shaft performance. The Kiyoshi Gold integrates the world's finest graphite materials with a highly complex structural design to achieve expertly calibrated, superior dynamic reactions throughout the swing - resulting in enhanced performance, distance and feel.

"We are excited to launch the Kiyoshi Gold. The Kiyoshi Gold has a firm butt section in combination with a responsive mid-section and tip-section designed for higher launch and mid-spin rates," said Ralph Reichert, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for OBAN. "The Kiyoshi Gold also utilizes OBAN's proprietary technology called MultiPlex Design Technology. MPT Technology reduces ovalization at impact resulting in more stability and better feel."

The Kiyoshi Gold is now available at Authorized OBAN Dealers worldwide.

2120823.jpg

This is intriguing. Oban has always made some nice shafts, looking forward to hearing more about this one.

There is no secret that I am a fan of the Oban lines and will be looking for more info on this shaft. Thanks for posting this JB

Ready to hear more about this shaft. More stability and better feel in a shaft is a good thing for me.

High launch and mid spin sounds like a winner!

Sounds pretty good....I know they make a fantastic product but the price has typically steered me away from being tempted to try anything.

I would love to give this thing a try one day. High Launch/Mid Spin is right up my alley, and who doesn't want a gold shaft?

I want to hit it. Oban has always intrigued me, they make a quality product and this profile is really interesting to me!

This thing looks awesome, can't wait for more info or a review

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

There is no secret that I am a fan of the Oban lines and will be looking for more info on this shaft. Thanks for posting this JB

Thanks to you, now so am I! Love the black right now and would love to see this one up close and personal!

Looking forward to more details on this one. Big fan nowadays of higher launch, thats for sure

Hello everyone, I'm Jon, just joined this great webpage. I've been an avid reader and I just had to join you guys. I just picked up my new Callaway X hot 2 with the new Oban gold stiff shaft. I'm a fairly new golfer (playing less than 2 yrs) and decided to treat myself to a new driver. I have a swing speed of 103 to 107. I fell in love with the Oban shaft when I was hitting a buddy's Callaway X hot with Oban devotion shaft.

I have a smooth swing, sometimes a bit jerky. The shaft is smooth, easy to hit and looks really great. Pics does it no justice. The shaft gives me a mid/high launch and I can feel the shaft during the downward swing and at impact. I hope you guys get chance to demo this great shaft. Thanks guys. Just my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Appreciate the info jeepguy. The shaft profile sounds very much like the C.Kua to me, which makes me think this shaft could fit my game really well.

Hello everyone, I'm Jon, just joined this great webpage. I've been an avid reader and I just had to join you guys. I just picked up my new Callaway X hot 2 with the new Oban gold stiff shaft. I'm a fairly new golfer (playing less than 2 yrs) and decided to treat myself to a new driver. I have a swing speed of 103 to 107. I fell in love with the Oban shaft when I was hitting a buddy's Callaway X hot with Oban devotion shaft.

I have a smooth swing, sometimes a bit jerky. The shaft is smooth, easy to hit and looks really great. Pics does it no justice. The shaft gives me a mid/high launch and I can feel the swing during the downward swing and at impact. I hope you guys get chance to demo this great shaft. Thanks guys. Just my humble opinion. If I posted this wrong. My apologies.

Absolutely the right place to post this!! And some great feedback.

Head over to the check in thread and introduce yourself!

Oh and btw... Welcome to THP man

While this may not be the best fit for me, Oban makes awesome products and the Devotion is one of my all-time favorites.

I am excited for my Kiyoshi White for sure

I am excited for my Kiyoshi White for sure

Can you go into a little more detail on Kiyoshi White and your being fit to it. Not sure which thread would be best, maybe the #grandaddy?

I have a smooth swing, sometimes a bit jerky. The shaft is smooth, easy to hit and looks really great. Pics does it no justice. The shaft gives me a mid/high launch and I can feel the swing during the downward swing and at impact. I hope you guys get chance to demo this great shaft. Thanks guys. Just my humble opinion. If I posted this wrong. My apologies.

I have been very happy with the Oban Revenge in both my fairway woods.

By the way I'm assuming by the screen name you have a Jeep. What you got?

Love my Kiyoshi Black. Smoothest graphite shaft I have ever swung. Even moreso than the Speeder, which is saying something. Sounds like this one might be a a higher launching Purple?

$360 for a shaft is way out of my price range unfortunately but from what I've read and heard about Oban shafts it could be worth the price to some people.

While this may not be the best fit for me, Oban makes awesome products and the Devotion is one of my all-time favorites.

I love the results I see with Oban shafts.

hey dude

hey dude

I have been very happy with the Oban Revenge in both my fairway woods.

By the way I'm assuming by the screen name you have a Jeep. What you got?

I have the 13 Sahara Unlimited.

Absolutely the right place to post this!! And some great feedback.

Head over to the check in thread and introduce yourself!

Oh and btw... Welcome to THP man

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

Appreciate the info jeepguy. The shaft profile sounds very much like the C.Kua to me, which makes me think this shaft could fit my game really well.

No problem.

Back