Putter Length; How do you decide?

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Having switched around putters the past year a good bit, I have found that I have gamed everything from 33" to 41" putters.

I have found a happy home at 36.5", as it gives me the most optimal results and when paired with a heavier head just gives me the desired feel I want in my putter.

How did you come to game the length of the putter you are currently using? Through a fitting? Personal preference? Or just going with what feels good?

For me its been personal preference. Have not gone through a putter fitting yet.

I am really lucky that I have an adjustable shaft length device on my putter. (Thanks Ping and THP)
Really depends on how my back feels on that day, I change it up.

Fitting for me. I messed around with some different lengths after my fitting, but I always feel most comfortable at the length I was fitted at. Gives me a little extra confidence as well.

For me its simple, I got fit. Went from 33" to 36.5" and will never ever look back.

I was fit for it.

Fitting for me as well. Did the SPI fitting and found that the best length to get me in a good position is a shade aboive 34"

Personal preference. I have been told numerous times I should be at around 34-34.5 but it just doesnt feel comfortable. I have been playing at 36-36.5 lately and love it.

whatever feels good to you and helps you make more putts. used to game 35" i have a 33"and 33.5". i make more putts with a shorter putter.

I chose for what feels the most comfortable for me. Definitely settled on 34/34.5.

My fitter wanted me at 35". Wants my hands at top of grip so I'm standing more upright instead of hunched over. Seems to be working.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I always used a 34-35" putter until I bought my db4 which happen to be 32.5 and found that it helped me a lot. Once in a while I wished I had a little more so now it's 33" for me.

I went from standard 35" to my first belly putter, was 43" and too short. Picked up a 45" Scotty and loved it.

Went to a counter balance since they are banning belly putting, went w/ 39" I believe and like it so far. I prefer to stand more upright and not crouch down, so I prefer a longer putter.

Really looking forward to the SeeMore event to find out would I SHOULD be using, instead of what I have been.

Im at 34 3/4. Its an interesting story but ill save it for later. I started out at 33. Went to a belly putter for many moons. Then came the counterballanced dll. Now im at 34 and 3/4 and with a s.s 2.0 it feels great.

Ted at Seemore helped me into 35 inches. Played them shorter before that.

bought a cheap one and tinkered with it till I found the setup I liked best. Currently playing at 40.5" counterbalanced. Fits me like a 37-38" fits most people. Love it.

Fit and preference. Stroke analysis suggested a face balanced would be best and I liked the counterbalanced. Much heavier putter than I have been using!

Back