The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch JH. Hopefully you get it figured out.

Damn dude that sucks. I just had ac problems on a brand new unit. Sucks.

Hang in there John. Hoping things get better soon. Being without air in the heat we have going on has to be tough.

The AC here at the house went out two weeks ago today. I had it "fixed" on Monday the 18th. When I get up this morning I noticed that the AC is not working once again. Same problem as last time. They guy didn't actually fix it, but put a band aid on it so to speak. I call the same company as they have a 30 day guarantee. They first say it will be $100.00 just to come out. Of course I balked at the charge based on the guarantee. I hear from a tech about 12:30 and he says it will be a couple hours before he can get here. Now it has been over 6 hours and I have heard nothing from the tech. I call the company back and they act like they had no record of my earlier call. I have been without AC now for almost 10 hours. I have had to stay here most of the day waiting on them to come and they are a no show. I am hot, frustrated and broke. If I don't catch a break soon I may just explode.

Be the ball!!

Man that sucks Hack! Make sure you mention to them that you have the better business bureau on speed dial and they will be hearing from you Tuesday morning! It may not mean crap to this company however you can cover all your bases. Maybe next time someone else will not be burnt by em.

AC repair man just left. He got it working and didn't charge us for the service call, the labor nor the part. He was diplomatic, but basically said that the last guy was not thorough in his assessment of the problem. Ironically the work, labor and part done tonight would have netted the company a better profit had it been done right the first time (and conversely would have cost me more money). I gotta feeling that the 1st tech that came out 2 weeks ago may get "counseled" on doing the job right the first time.

Thanks for the positive comments and support you guys. It has been a tough few weeks for us financially and with needing a new engine in the Honda I am afraid a major AC repair would have really messed me up mentally.

Be the ball!!

Glad it's taken care of John enjoy the cool air

The wife is insistent that housekeeping at the hotel has stolen a shirt out of her luggage.

One shirt, out of a room full of clothes, change still on the dresser, and laptop sitting right beside it. Only one shirt missing....

Great.

I bet a thp challenge coin it is sitting on your bed at home.

Thats what I said to the wife as well, that it is probably still at home.

"No it isn't, I looked at it this morning because I was planning on wearing it to dinner tonight."

Trying to walk the fine line of being reasonable about the situation.... but also believing the wife....

Bradd. I m gong with Wake on this.

As a hotel manager I can't count hrs number of times I heard this exact same scenario. The really nice and honest people actually took the time to call from home to let is know it was there and to apologize for making such a big deal.

Another possibly is that it's in another piece of luggage in the room.

In over 20 years of management I have never been able to confirm a stolen shirt/pant or pair of shoes. Jewelry, money, pills, drugs (yes someone actually reported stolen pot) and electronic devices.

And even the theft off those buy housekeeping is very rare. Yes it does happen, but not near as often as the general public thinks.

Good luck and be sure and let us know how it turns out.

But I understand the thin line all to well :)

Just picked up my laptop and heard a crack.

Screen busted...

Just out, by like 5 weeks.
I'm composing email, and will follow up with a call on Tuesday.

Bradd. I m gong with Wake on this.

As a hotel manager I can't count hrs number of times I heard this exact same scenario. The really nice and honest people actually took the time to call from home to let is know it was there and to apologize for making such a big deal.

Another possibly is that it's in another piece of luggage in the room.

In over 20 years of management I have never been able to confirm a stolen shirt/pant or pair of shoes. Jewelry, money, pills, drugs (yes someone actually reported stolen pot) and electronic devices.

And even the theft off those buy housekeeping is very rare. Yes it does happen, but not near as often as the general public thinks.

Good luck and be sure and let us know how it turns out.

But I understand the thin line all to well :)

Totally agree. It took a day to get her to think it over a bit, and calm down a bit to convince her to hold off on doing anything else about it until we check and confirm at home.

I am 100% positive that it is at home..... but my opinion doesn't count ;)

Someone beat me to a putter in the BST forum :angry:

I'm borrowing my buddy JMan's expression a bit here. Has anyone had to give them selves blood thinning shots in the belly. I've had to do this on more than one occasion and let me tell ya, I hate hate hate doing this :beat-up:! Lord help me as I have five more shots after today and I will be finished with these suckers. Physical Therapy is a cake walk as opposed to shots in the belly IMO. Gawd I hate em!!! :angry:

I'm borrowing my buddy JMan's expression a bit here. Has anyone had to give them selves blood thinning shots in the belly. I've had to do this on more than one occasion and let me tell ya, I hate hate hate doing this :beat-up:! Lord help me as I have five more shots after today and I will be finished with these suckers. Physical Therapy is a cake walk as opposed to shots in the belly IMO. Gawd I hate em!!! :angry:

Doesn't sound like fun OG. Isn't there a pill I ll be able to take for blood thinners or are shots the only option.

I guess the silver lining if I have to do shots is I have a fair amount of padding in that area. Ha

I have not had to do it, but it sounds terrible. But a healthy OG is a better OG.

My Dad had to do this for little while when he was first diagnosed with a blood disorder. He was not a fan at all.

Hang in there!

Doesn't sound like fun OG. Isn't there a pill I ll be able to take for blood thinners or are shots the only option.

I guess the silver lining if I have to do shots is I have a fair amount of padding in that area. Ha

My first surgery which seems like ages ago I took a pill called Coumadin which has some side affects that depending on the person can be a pain in the arse. The new thinner that I take with the needle is called enoxaparin which is generic for Lovenox. It gets in your system really fast with little to no side effects (other than stinging like a fricking pissed off horse fly) and is the choice of many surgeons these days. Thank gawd I have some good health insurance as this stuff is really pricey to say the least.

I have not had to do it, but it sounds terrible. But a healthy OG is a better OG.

Getting there buddy and pleaseeeeee,,,,, no more surgeries :thumb:

Booked a tee time at a pretty nice course last week for today, through Golfnow. My back just isn't cooperating, and no way I can play. And Golfnow I find out now doesn't do refunds...last time I use it.

My first surgery which seems like ages ago I took a pill called Coumadin which has some side affects that depending on the person can be a pain in the arse. The new thinner that I take with the needle is called enoxaparin which is generic for Lovenox. It gets in your system really fast with little to no side effects (other than stinging like a fricking pissed off horse fly) and is the choice of many surgeons these days. Thank gawd I have some good health insurance as this stuff is really pricey to say the least.

Getting there buddy and pleaseeeeee,,,,, no more surgeries :thumb:

That makes sense. I'm going for a 4 hour orientation on Wednesday with the OR nurse. I'm sure I'll find out a lot of things during that regarding the post op treatment and things.

Booked a tee time at a pretty nice course last week for today, through Golfnow. My back just isn't cooperating, and no way I can play. And Golfnow I find out now doesn't do refunds...last time I use it.

Was it the hot tee time, or just a normal one where you only pay a few bucks in fees? I too learned that lesson, I won't buy the hot tee time until the night before when I know nothing will come up.

That makes sense. I'm going for a 4 hour orientation on Wednesday with the OR nurse. I'm sure I'll find out a lot of things during that regarding the post op treatment and things.

You will be signing quite a few forms buddy. In fact you'll feel like you just bought a new home! :D Hopefully you can talk ya doc into a good pill that you can take with zero or very little side effects. If you have to go the shot route and you have plenty of stuff up front, and giving yourself shots does not run against ya grain, then no biggy. It's something that I never have cared to do and if I was a diabetic and had to give myself shots all the time, it would be a real bummer for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back