The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My car got totaled, but I'm getting a bit for it to go towards the replacement. Having to car shop again is my rant.

I've got pink eye

my car got a little beat up last night, and a guys' face got smeared on my window.

I was going home, made a left hand turn on a road with no streetlights, I had my headlights on, but there was a guy not paying attention on a bike, wasn't wearing a helmet, no lights, no reflectors, black pants, black shirt, black hat, black bike, and t-boned me. He cut his head up and now there's a giant foot-long dent in my fender and its all scratched up and my door wont open all of the way. The officer in charge said that as far as he knew at the time, it was the bicyclists fault for not having any lights on his bike so he's going to get a couple of tickets and pay for his hospital bill, and I probably wont get anything but if I do its going to be not stopping for a pedestrian but I probably wont since it was pitch black and he didn't have any lights and such. Will know more about the case tomorrow. As far as the officer knew last night, he didn't have any broken bones, possibly a fracture or two, but nothing severe, mostly just some cuts on his head, maybe a concussion. My dad says not to file an insurance claim because chances are he doesn't have insurance since he was an older guy biking to his job at McDonalds 10 miles away from the accident at 9 at night. So, I don't know what's going to happen to my car.

I'm trying to make the situation a little lighter by making some jokes about it but I know this is completely serious and I'm honestly afraid to drive right now.. My worst nightmare came true last night..

Scary situation OJ. I think any of us would be a little skittish about driving after that. Hang in there.

Jack - don't be too quick to assume the cyclist is at fault. He will most likely have a different story. I see your side of it...just saying.

if you file a claim you pay your deductible, the insurance fixes your car and the insurance deals with the cyclist to recover whatever money they are due as a result of him being at fault. Maybe you want to talk to your dad a bit more about this???

Sorry about the accident. I'm glad neither of you appear to have really serious injuries.

Hopped into my boss's car to head to lunch and heard a loud ripping sound. Yup, ripped my dress pants wide open. Had to hop out and drive my car home to change.

Official documents containing Comic Sans font.
I don't know why, but this made me giggle.

I have a similar rant...our Desktop Publishers sending out the wrong audit report. These things go through 50 rounds of editing (when 3 would suffice, but that's another rant) and then they send out the wrong version! Nothing more embarrassing than a second press release "THIS is the correct audit report for 2014-S-010...really, we're serious this time."

Hopped into my boss's car to head to lunch and heard a loud ripping sound. Yup, ripped my dress pants wide open. Had to hop out and drive my car home to change.
You pulled a #devripus

I just got an automated call from MasterCard. My debit card has been locked. That sounds serious.

Especially since I don't have a debit card with MasterCard.

Official documents containing Comic Sans font.

E-mails in fancy script fonts. I don't even bother reading them.

I just got an automated call from MasterCard. My debit card has been locked. That sounds serious.

Especially since I don't have a debit card with MasterCard.

Good thing they locked it then. You should call back and thank them.

I had to check to make sure Dev didn't post this.

my car got a little beat up last night, and a guys' face got smeared on my window.

I was going home, made a left hand turn on a road with no streetlights, I had my headlights on, but there was a guy not paying attention on a bike, wasn't wearing a helmet, no lights, no reflectors, black pants, black shirt, black hat, black bike, and t-boned me. He cut his head up and now there's a giant foot-long dent in my fender and its all scratched up and my door wont open all of the way. The officer in charge said that as far as he knew at the time, it was the bicyclists fault for not having any lights on his bike so he's going to get a couple of tickets and pay for his hospital bill, and I probably wont get anything but if I do its going to be not stopping for a pedestrian but I probably wont since it was pitch black and he didn't have any lights and such. Will know more about the case tomorrow. As far as the officer knew last night, he didn't have any broken bones, possibly a fracture or two, but nothing severe, mostly just some cuts on his head, maybe a concussion. My dad says not to file an insurance claim because chances are he doesn't have insurance since he was an older guy biking to his job at McDonalds 10 miles away from the accident at 9 at night. So, I don't know what's going to happen to my car.

I'm trying to make the situation a little lighter by making some jokes about it but I know this is completely serious and I'm honestly afraid to drive right now.. My worst nightmare came true last night..
If he was on a bike, isn't he no longer a pedestrian? Sounds like a genius riding in the dark with no reflective clothing or at least lights on the bike. Hope it all gets resolved OK.

So freaking busy with work since September. Can hardly get a breath in I feel like. This pace is set to continue until the 24th, when I finally get a most needed vacation break. Need it bad.

Jack - don't be too quick to assume the cyclist is at fault. He will most likely have a different story. I see your side of it...just saying.

if you file a claim you pay your deductible, the insurance fixes your car and the insurance deals with the cyclist to recover whatever money they are due as a result of him being at fault. Maybe you want to talk to your dad a bit more about this???

Sorry about the accident. I'm glad neither of you appear to have really serious injuries.

Well i did nothing wrong, but the officer kept insisting the evidence shows i was his fault

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have 5 fridges awaiting my credit card payment. Said fridges are 2 provinces away, for delivery in that province..... Delivery is being held up by payment not being made..... and no one will take my payment over the phone (as has already been agreed would happen)......

The appliance store doesn't open until 1:30pm my time... and I am done work at 2:30pm tomorrow.... odds that I can actually get it done in the 1hr the store is open while I am at work? VERY SLIM

I have 5 fridges awaiting my credit card payment. Said fridges are 2 provinces away, for delivery in that province..... Delivery is being held up by payment not being made..... and no one will take my payment over the phone (as has already been agreed would happen)......

The appliance store doesn't open until 1:30pm my time... and I am done work at 2:30pm tomorrow.... odds that I can actually get it done in the 1hr the store is open while I am at work? VERY SLIM

Drink alot of beer do ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back