The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear, Dan. Cancer is a d!ck.

Oh joy, I get to fly to CT next week for 1 day to present a transfer plan to a customer! Not even enough time to play with THPers. Lame!

I feel like I ate a Caledonia hot dog today. No bueno. I hope Rambler doesnt see this. :alien: :sick:

It's just freaking ridiculous, man. I hate being the ranter because I truly believe I'm as lucky as they come, but good god why does it have to domino like that?

This time an Aunt. One of the nicest people I've ever met. Can it possibly stop?!

Really sorry to hear that Dan... hope your aunt kicks it's a$$

Yeah it's definitely no fun. My wife was diagnosed with cancer this year. Apparently 1 in a million people get this type, which was aggressive. They had to take out a section of her back, but things look clear for her now and we're hoping it stays that way.

Damn Chris - I don't think you told me about that. Glad she is doing well bro!

Hate to hear about your aunt, Dan. The cruelty of cancer never ceases to amaze me.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy.

Hate to hear that Dan. Now or conversation this morning seems so insignificant comparatively.

Hoping she kicks it's ass.

Chris so glad to hear your wife is doing well. Didn't know you two were dealing with that. Continued good health to her.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Sorry Dan about your family battle with cancer. Truly sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You ever get that rotting feeling in the pit of your stomach, and then one or nine terrible things happen to you or family? Got that this morning, and then the dominoes fell. Honestly, for as great as it is to be alive, this world is ****ing cruel. I cannot say this enough. **** you cancer. ****. You.

Sorry bro. Will keep your aunt and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Being told by a previous instructor the way I gripped the club was perfectly fine only to be told by my new instructor the reason I'm struggling with a particular shot shape lately is totally because of the way I hold the club. Fixed the grip and immediate feedback was night and day better.

Dan, Sorry to hear that about your aunt.

Chris, Hope everything stays well for her.

Sitting here with my foot in a hotel tub full of ice water. Swollen ankle and I think it's due to the hairline fracture from 2 years ago. All this running I've been doing.

Verizon chat support. My 2 yr contract just ended. I ask if I will now get the $25 line discount on the new edge plan. I am told no. I explain I can just cancel the line and turn around and add one with the same phone and I will get the discount. They seem to understand that but will still not give me the discount but offer 10% off instead. $4 discount vs. the $25 discount. It boggles my mind.

Is Moe's good? There is one about 10 min from my work and I have never even be inside.

I never got the chance to go to the Moe's here in KC. They already closed it.

I hate it that I'm the voice of reason & have to settle conflicts between my younger brother and my parents when trying to resolve family issues. I swear I should have been a judge or a lawyer....

Verizon chat support. My 2 yr contract just ended. I ask if I will now get the $25 line discount on the new edge plan. I am told no. I explain I can just cancel the line and turn around and add one with the same phone and I will get the discount. They seem to understand that but will still not give me the discount but offer 10% off instead. $4 discount vs. the $25 discount. It boggles my mind.

I just went through this with dish .

It's unreal how stupid customer service agencies are.

It BOTTLES the mind!

Customer retention usually gets you what you seek!

It BOTTLES the mind!

Customer retention usually gets you what you seek!

3 months into my contract I tried to get them to add a DVR and more channels.

They said I hadn't been with them long enough.

What? I'm trying to spend more money here, my credit is immaculate and I haven't missed a payment.

Am I misunderstanding something ?

What? I'm trying to spend more money here, my credit is immaculate and I haven't missed a payment.

Yes. You're missing the fact that it's Dish.
All satellite and cable companies are TERRIBLE! It's why I refuse to get cable. I can't deal.

Had something similar happen with a credit card company. I had just paid off $3k on the card and wanted to see if they'd do a balance transfer. A large amount. They said they couldn't. I asked them if they were really turning down money that I WANTED to give them. She apologized. I couldn't believe they were turning down "free" money.

Customer service is an interesting field that's for sure. JB just called a hotel to try and book 6 rooms because you can only book 2 at a time online. The guys says, "Sir, if you book 10 rooms you can get a discount." Well, we don't need 10 rooms and the discount doesn't add up to enough to make it cheaper than just booking 6 rooms at full price. He continues to then go on and say he can't book 6 rooms, so JB asks if they just don't have 6 rooms available, and the guys says they do have 6 rooms available. So why can't we book 6 rooms then? Finally JB said he wanted to speak to someone else and he sends JB to the sales manager's voicemail. We don't need a sales manager, we aren't booking a group because a group consists of 10 rooms!

So I call back and speak with someone else and get the rooms book with no issue. How can one person be so confused and the other not? The joys of customer service.

Customer service is an interesting field that's for sure. JB just called a hotel to try and book 6 rooms because you can only book 2 at a time online. The guys says, "Sir, if you book 10 rooms you can get a discount." Well, we don't need 10 rooms and the discount doesn't add up to enough to make it cheaper than just booking 6 rooms at full price. He continues to then go on and say he can't book 6 rooms, so JB asks if they just don't have 6 rooms available, and the guys says they do have 6 rooms available. So why can't we book 6 rooms then? Finally JB said he wanted to speak to someone else and he sends JB to the sales manager's voicemail. We don't need a sales manager, we aren't booking a group because a group consists of 10 rooms!

So I call back and speak with someone else and get the rooms book with no issue. How can one person be so confused and the other not? The joys of customer service.

I wonder how people like this remember to breathe .

I've heard you only need an IQ of 16 to breathe

They dont need to remember, they expect someone to do it for them....Oh wait.

Sometimes my industry makes it so hard to do business with.

I honestly try to put myself in the eyes of a customer with every decision I make.

However it isn't always received well with the people at the top.

I understand demand and pricing as well as anyone. But I also try to see common sense.

In JB scenario I just fail to see the logic of the hotel.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back