The Smart Watch Thread

Well, another factory reset and it's back to working. That's two resets today. This isn't starting off well for the Smart Watch era in my household

Which one did you get her?

Which one did you get her?

Moto 360 2nd gen and I'm really wanting one as well but this isn't starting out well.

The Men's 46mm version has some sweet custom designs you can do. I may go to the site you posted earlier and buy one for cheap to try at work

Moto 360 2nd gen and I'm really wanting one as well but this isn't starting out well.

The Men's 46mm version has some sweet custom designs you can do. I may go to the site you posted earlier and buy one for cheap to try at work

Its a gorgeous watch. I actually love the rose gold 42", but thats for the ladies. :D
I will say GG has not had any of those issues on her Zen Watch 2 and they are both using Android Wear, so I am wondering if you just got a bad one.

Its a gorgeous watch. I actually love the rose gold 42", but thats for the ladies. :D
I will say GG has not had any of those issues on her Zen Watch 2 and they are both using Android Wear, so I am wondering if you just got a bad one.

Wear what you want JB! The different bezels are so cool. I really like a gold and black combo but would probably do silver and black of some kind.

I'm thinking an update messed something up and it wouldn't connect Bluetooth any longer. I fixed that and won't update for now

Wear what you want JB! The different bezels are so cool. I really like a gold and black combo but would probably do silver and black of some kind.

I'm thinking an update messed something up and it wouldn't connect Bluetooth any longer. I fixed that and won't update for now

Sadly Im rocking the Apple Watch right now to match my phone, but I prefer the Android Wear system by a lot.

Sadly Im rocking the Apple Watch right now to match my phone, but I prefer the Android Wear system by a lot.
Find it useful or simialr to a tablet? Meaning something useful or something that's kind of cool but really just kind of a middle man.

Find it useful or simialr to a tablet? Meaning something useful or something that's kind of cool but really just kind of a middle man.

It's iseful for the amount of emails I get to be able to glance to see if I need to respond. But I would say closer to the latter.

If I was using an Android phone there would be a bit more use there as Android offers a bit more now.

Traveling schedule season might make it more useful.

It's iseful for the amount of emails I get to be able to glance to see if I need to respond. But I would say closer to the latter.

If I was using an Android phone there would be a bit more use there as Android offers a bit more now.

Traveling schedule season might make it more useful.

That's my biggest use also. It's very easy to ignore 90% of the emails by just glancing at the sender, subject and 1st line. Delete, delete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember reading a bunch of banter about how the latest Android Wear update caused a lot of problems with the Moto 360 which is odd because they all use the exact same software and very similar hardware. They're pretty good about updating the software often, so hopefully they fix it soon.

I think I'd prefer the rose gold over the fruit watch...I kid I kid...well, not really

Used my Apple Watch + Golfshot GPS on the course today.

Golfshot GPS worked really, really well. Easy to use on the watch, giving front/center/back and allowing for scorecard tracking was very nice.

However, I still HATE wearing a watch while I play. It just annoys me having it on my wrist. I lasted til the 16th hole before I took it off because I couldnt stand having it on anymore.

I really liked using the app on the watch for easy GPS distance, and will keep trying to get used to it, but having a watch on during golf just annoys me.

Used my Apple Watch + Golfshot GPS on the course today.

Golfshot GPS worked really, really well. Easy to use on the watch, giving front/center/back and allowing for scorecard tracking was very nice.

However, I still HATE wearing a watch while I play. It just annoys me having it on my wrist. I lasted til the 16th hole before I took it off because I couldnt stand having it on anymore.

I really liked using the app on the watch for easy GPS distance, and will keep trying to get used to it, but having a watch on during golf just annoys me.

When I tried it, I hated the fact that it was so slow. The watch had to fire up, then go to that app, etc. I had it wrapped on my bag, so as I grabbed clubs, I would look at it, because like you, I hate wearing a watch when I play.

When I tried it, I hated the fact that it was so slow. The watch had to fire up, then go to that app, etc. I had it wrapped on my bag, so as I grabbed clubs, I would look at it, because like you, I hate wearing a watch when I play.
That annoyed me as well, having to open the app each time. I finally set it as my first glance so a swipe up and a tap opened it up. But, I'm still a rangefinder fan over a GPS. Grab, point, yardage.

That annoyed me as well, having to open the app each time. I finally set it as my first glance so a swipe up and a tap opened it up. But, I'm still a rangefinder fan over a GPS. Grab, point, yardage.

Apparently its typical Apple that wont let the watch stay on, so we could just use the app. Rumor has it, the reasoning is because it would expose the pathetic battery life of the device and would not last a single round.

Apparently its typical Apple that wont let the watch stay on, so we could just use the app. Rumor has it, the reasoning is because it would expose the pathetic battery life of the device and would not last a single round.
Battery life would make sense, go figure w/ Apple that would be the issue.

I know I had a lot of customers that were extremely excited about Strava integration on the watch for their rides, but it is nearly impossible to use the Apple Watch for any type of cycling outside of riding a cruiser. Having to let go of the handlebar, let the watch wake up, and then let the screen pop ups with GPS info, speed, etc...while going 22-25mph with traffic...suicide.

Battery life would make sense, go figure w/ Apple that would be the issue.

I know I had a lot of customers that were extremely excited about Strava integration on the watch for their rides, but it is nearly impossible to use the Apple Watch for any type of cycling outside of riding a cruiser. Having to let go of the handlebar, let the watch wake up, and then let the screen pop ups with GPS info, speed, etc...while going 22-25mph with traffic...suicide.

Yeah that is awful. Its just one of those things that they really got wrong.

Do the wear devices work better for golf and running/cycling?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Check out the Moto 360 sport coming out

The functionality is better, I use Golf Pad on mine and all you have to do to wake it up is look at your wrist. Battery life is still a concern. I can get a full round out of a charge using it a lot, but that's about it. It will die during a 2nd round. It's great when I'm walking and have my phone in my bag, but when riding in a cart it's not as useful, since it reads the GPS on the phone so if you're not beside the cart, you're getting yardages from the cart, not from where you're at.

Only wear device I liked for riding was the Fenix 3.

Check out the Moto 360 sport coming out
Yeah, I've seen it, leaning towards smart watch 3 for the price difference
The functionality is better, I use Golf Pad on mine and all you have to do to wake it up is look at your wrist. Battery life is still a concern. I can get a full round out of a charge using it a lot, but that's about it. It will die during a 2nd round. It's great when I'm walking and have my phone in my bag, but when riding in a cart it's not as useful, since it reads the GPS on the phone so if you're not beside the cart, you're getting yardages from the cart, not from where you're at.
If I get one for golf and running it will have built in GPS, partly for that reason.

Picked up a new band and love it.
0637f9eec112e913cafd7d87d07b2233.jpg

cf253def30fa4f269e0ca9a2cc905847.jpg

Does it grab your arm hair at all? That was my biggest complaint when I tried a mesh band with my smartwatch.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back