blugold

Autobots, ROLL OUT!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This past week I gamed some Zero Friction tees. I have a buddy who loves them. Won't play anything else. So I picked up a few. All last week I couldn't hit my drives consistently at all. I was snap hooking, pushing, and just inconsistent in general. On the last hole of the last round I played on Saturday, I switched back to the Pride Golf Prolenght tees that I was familiar with. That tee drive was what I was used to.

After the round, I was talking with my playing partners and said that I didn't like the tees I was using at the start of the round. They all laughed at me and said that it was a likely excuse. I knew that it mattered and they were just giving me grief. I didn't think that the kind of tee mattered that much, but I am now convinced that it does.

I don't know why but if I use a Zero Friction I constantly feel like the ball is gonna fall off the tee right before I hit it. Especially because in Louisiana its normal to play in 12 to 20 mph winds due to the gulf of mexico. I like 3.25 inch purple wooden tees. (Purple for LSU) ;)

I don't like the zf tees either, they are a pain, and if they aren't in the ground perfectly straigfht, the ball non stop falls off

I don't like the zf tees either, they are a pain, and if they aren't in the ground perfectly straigfht, the ball non stop falls off

I've found the same thing re: the falling off. Very frustrating

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I like the Epoch tees. I gave a few to a guy we were grouped with yesterday.

I hated how I didn't know how far I was putting the tee in the ground. Even if I eye balled it, I was way off. I wasn't about to make placing my tee in the ground an ordeal.

Ive never noticed a difference between my drives on any tee. But I have troubles just getting the ball on a regular tee. Im just an overall clumsy and wobbly human being with the fine motor skills of a bull in a china shop.

Not too much wind where I play and I absolutely love the Zero Friction Tees. They don't really wobble that much IMO. But these are the only ones I play too simply because I like them and my ball speed is higher when using these tees.

Not too much wind where I play and I absolutely love the Zero Friction Tees. They don't really wobble that much IMO. But these are the only ones I play too simply because I like them and my ball speed is higher when using these tees.

How much would it affect your game if you used a different for a round? Because it apparently destroys me.

I too also prefer the Epoch, the ZF seem to be too flimsy and begin to bend if the ground is even slightly hard, I always have to check them from the side and behind to be sure they are reasonalby straight. Plus they don't seem to be as durable as the Epoch. When I find them I just give them to a buddy of mine who likes them. The small tines on the ZR also break off and if it is just one you can still use the tee, but it is a pain in the rear. I think all of these factors affect my confidence if I do decide to tee up on a ZR, which isn't very often.

How much would it affect your game if you used a different for a round? Because it apparently destroys me.

It's been so long since i've gamed anything different, but not a huge difference. Just driver distance is about 5-10 yards shorter. Other than this it is just more of a preference thing for me honestly.

For me, it was probably that I was used to playing 3-1/4" tees. The zf tees I was using were 2-3/4". It amazed me how that much difference made it hard for me to find how high to tee the ball.

Hmmm i love the ZF tee's, I use the ball to push the tee in and have never had a problem with the ball falling off...

For me, it was probably that I was used to playing 3-1/4" tees. The zf tees I was using were 2-3/4". It amazed me how that much difference made it hard for me to find how high to tee the ball.

O yeah! I have to use the same height! I always use the 3-1/4" tees and i barely put them into the ground, most people say I tee it too high, but I 100% have to have the tee that high. Same Height is a must! :D

I like the Epoch tees. I gave a few to a guy we were grouped with yesterday.

Pretty much all I play. My course has sold Epoch and most people there use them. I've tried other brands but keep coming back to these. Tee's are just as subjective as everything else in life. There is no right or wrong answer.

Now that I've started teeing the ball lower, the Epoch tees I have snap on each drive so I'll have to look for the shorter ones. I also have Zero Friction tees and haven't had much problems with these, I'd say they give basically the same result as the Epoch.
Of course, now with teeing the ball lower I usually just find a tee laying around the box and use it (if it's too short I just stick it in the pocket for the next par 3). On one hand it would be nice if people would clean up their tees after teeing off but on the other I never have to worry about having a tee.

After seeing the Epoch tees that were made for the outing and hearing in the past how everyone liked them I picked some up on Saturday. Used one tee all day yesterday - I am a believer!!

Epoch tees snap on every drive? Wow. Thats incredible!

Ive used an epoch tee for 6 rounds including teeing it up on par 3s and I have only broken one. I would kill to have your swing speed!

Now that I've started teeing the ball lower, the Epoch tees I have snap on each drive so I'll have to look for the shorter ones. I also have Zero Friction tees and haven't had much problems with these, I'd say they give basically the same result as the Epoch.
Of course, now with teeing the ball lower I usually just find a tee laying around the box and use it (if it's too short I just stick it in the pocket for the next par 3). On one hand it would be nice if people would clean up their tees after teeing off but on the other I never have to worry about having a tee.

I have never really noticed a difference in my play by changing tees.

I've been playing with the zero friction/(golf galaxy's knock off) for a couple years just because they don't break. I can play a year or so on a package of tees.

When I'm teeing off with irons (which is a lot) I just pick up a broken tee off the box. As long as I get the ball to the correct height I haven't noticed that what the ball is sitting on changes anything.

Epoch tees snap on every drive? Wow. Thats incredible!

Ive used an epoch tee for 6 rounds including teeing it up on par 3s and I have only broken one. I would kill to have your swing speed!

Definitely not swing speed for me, I think my D is around 105. Maybe I got a bad batch. They're the Epoch S3 and I believe they're 3 1/4". I've been teeing the ball on drives so the top of the ball is nearly even with the top of the D and it's been working for me but snaps the tee.

I use the ZF tees from time to time and don't notice a difference honestly. I guess my game isn't consistent enough to notice a difference but I've never really thought to look for any differences either. I'll have to check out those Epoch tees everyone is talking about.

I've never noticed. I just know the wooden tees stick easier into the ground.

Back