Taylormade Burner 2.0 Irons & THP Testing

Just watched a commercial of DJ hitting a 2.0 3i 250+ yards (carry) and 270+ total. Ridiculous!

My set should be in within a couple hours, pumped!

Merged two threads.

ROFL. Filled in the application form to get a free Burner 2.0 6-iron. Filled in my birthdate (1985) and got an error message saying you have to be 13 or older. Kay? Then it said my e-mail wasn't filled in properly, despite it being so. Lulz.

I had some issues with Google Chrome on the TM site. FireFox worked ok for me, though.

Wow these are LONG! I just got mine and took the 7i out back for some break in time.

I have a 160 yard marker out front (via rangefinder) and my R9 7i that I used to have went right about that or just a little over, now the 2.0 7i went 10-15 yards past that!!! Whats crazy is, there is only 1* difference in lofts between the 2.0 and R9 7 iron.

Just by a few hits that I have I do think the R9s are a little more forgiving but the feedback is awesome of the 2.0s and did I mention they're LONG? Lol

Welcome to the club Bridges, good to see you got your Burners.

Anyone have any idea what these markings mean? On the set of Burner 2.0's I just got, each hosel is marked either with a 33 or a 23. That can't be a serial number, can it?

IMAG0401.jpg

Wow these are LONG! I just got mine and took the 7i out back for some break in time.

I have a 160 yard marker out front (via rangefinder) and my R9 7i that I used to have went right about that or just a little over, now the 2.0 7i went 10-15 yards past that!!! Whats crazy is, there is only 1* difference in lofts between the 2.0 and R9 7 iron.

Just by a few hits that I have I do think the R9s are a little more forgiving but the feedback is awesome of the 2.0s and did I mention they're LONG? Lol

Whoa. Really? You think the R9s are more forgiving than the Burner 2.0's? Were these fit for you?

I don't know what that is, mine don't have a 23 or 33 on them. Is that possibly something with the reseller? Mine came directly from TaylorMade, not sure just guessing.

I don't know what that is, mine don't have a 23 or 33 on them. Is that possibly something with the reseller? Mine came directly from TaylorMade, not sure just guessing.

Mine came directly from TaylorMade too.

Whoa. Really? You think the R9s are more forgiving than the Burner 2.0's? Were these fit for you?

Ya I really jacked that sentence up, my fault I was typing watching golf and looking at my new irons. I didnt realize what I was typing, OEM and me were pming and within a minute I forgot what i said to him, guess Im just excited.

Lets try this again, "just by a few hits that I have I feel like the 2.0s are a little more forgiving (ment to add this part in that sentence but switched it all around) I do think the R9s feel just a bit better but the feedback is awesome on the 2.0s and did I mention they're LONG?

There we go thats better, my bad. And no they were not.

And no they were not.

If you dont mind me asking, with such unique clubs, is there a reason you did not get a fitting?

If you dont mind me asking, with such unique clubs, is there a reason you did not get a fitting?

I have no good answer for you to be honest. I am however going to get on the lie board and see if they need to be bent to fit me, I talked to the golftec people and he said I should be perfectly fine with the length of them since my height is what they would say normal or not needing any adjustments at just over 6 foot.

I have no good answer for you to be honest. I am however going to get on the lie board and see if they need to be bent to fit me, I talked to the golftec people and he said I should be perfectly fine with the length of them since my height is what they would say normal or not needing any adjustments at just over 6 foot.

That could be a tough predicament. Having worked with these irons first hand, I can tell you that bending them is NOT easy.

That could be a tough predicament. Having worked with these irons first hand, I can tell you that bending them is NOT easy.

Ya I will let willis bend them at Vibrant golf if I need to have it done but to be honest I actually think im stock on everything, but I also dont have any facts to back that up. Every shot I hit with them was pretty much dead center with a couple shanks added in off the hosel. I did hit some big draws though, going to have to fix that. It really sucks having golfstore an hour away and not anything closer.

mine have 13 on them

JB. I have question regarding getting fit for Burner 2.0s. If it turns out that perhaps you need longer or shorter shafts or what not, wouldn't that mess with the 2.0 technology? Aren't the shafts purposely longer? Or is it that with longer shafts you may need a lie adjustment? Basically I'm ignorant to this and wonder what goes into it and if tinkering with it also tinkers with the shafts that are suppose to be longer than normal and lofts that a purposely stronger.

JB. I have question regarding getting fit for Burner 2.0s. If it turns out that perhaps you need longer or shorter shafts or what not, wouldn't that mess with the 2.0 technology? Aren't the shafts purposely longer? Or is it that with longer shafts you may need a lie adjustment? Basically I'm ignorant to this and wonder what goes into it and if tinkering with it also tinkers with the shafts that are suppose to be longer than normal and lofts that a purposely stronger.

It will not mess up the technology. They could still play longer than other shafts. But proper fitting is ideal to getting hte most out of irons. Lie, length, shaft, etc...Playing a set of irons without getting fit can be far more harmful than helpful.

I kept hearing about how much longer the shafts were on these irons, but compared to my X-Forged, only the 3-5 irons are significantly longer (.5", .375", and .25"). The 6 iron is .125" longer. 7-PW were identical.

I kept hearing about how much longer the shafts were on these irons, but compared to my X-Forged, only the 3-5 irons are significantly longer (.5", .375", and .25"). The 6 iron is .125" longer. 7-PW were identical.
Before getting the 2.0s if someone said they were going to give me a set of clubs that were an inch longer than "standard" I would have complained and said no thank you, but the increased length of the 2.0s really haven't bothered me in the slightest bit, in fact I barely even noticed any difference until I set them side by side with my previous set and actually saw the difference. Otherwise, it really isn't much of an issue at all.

Before getting the 2.0s if someone said they were going to give me a set of clubs that were an inch longer than "standard" I would have complained and said no thank you, but the increased length of the 2.0s really haven't bothered me in the slightest bit, in fact I barely even noticed any difference until I set them side by side with my previous set and actually saw the difference. Otherwise, it really isn't much of an issue at all.

Which "standard" are they an inch longer than?

Back