Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Does the fairway slope towards the water in the layup shot?

Yes it does.....and can be a tricky play with a little 75y shot on a down slope.

Castors wedge shot on 8 still haunts me!

But it proves there is a reward even when playing it safe, but for those with the distance, watching you go for it in 2 is so much fun! Great large green, deep with a ton of slope from back to front!

Three shot hole for me unless I'm playing with someone who has a lot more distance than I do, I will take three shots and two putts here any day.

If I get a good drive, I'm home in 2. Otherwise, I'll lay up and rely on my wedges.

~Rock

Doesn't look it, but that's a tricky tricky par 5. Even with a good drive, that second shot really needs to stay within the frame of the green since there's so much stuff around the green. I saw a shot in two hit a tree left of the green up high and still found its way into the water. I'd be happy with a 5 on this one all day with where they can put that pin

If I get a good drive, I'm home in 2. Otherwise, I'll lay up and rely on my wedges.

~Rock
The drive is the least of your worries. Getting it home is another issue. Distance is manageable, however what you've got to fly it into is another. The trees frame this green pretty well. And this graphic gives you a false sense of just how tight it is. And slope around that green is pretty drastic. But I like your continues simplistic approach.

Great hole. You're below the fairway a bit from the tee, but then it slopes back down towards the water. Green is crazily sloped back to front and if I remember correctly, a shot to the right side on the lower tier will funnel towards the center of the green.

Pretty sure we played this one like bosses, while Maynard and Castor took machete's to the brush

1 more day til #9!

Pretty sure we played this one like bosses, while Maynard and Castor took machete's to the brush

1 more day til #9!

We did for the most part. Approach was on the front, so I had to putt up that 8 foot slope, but a par is a par lol.

We did for the most part. Approach was on the front, so I had to putt up that 8 foot slope, but a par is a par lol.

Wow I missed the approach that bad? You must have handed me the wrong club

1 more day til #9!

Since we are between 8 and 9, is this the point where we start looking for your putter?

Wow I missed the approach that bad? You must have handed me the wrong club

Hey, on the green is good imo. We had some breathing room while maynard and castor were traipsing through the jungle anyway.

Number 8 sets up pretty well for me. It's one of the few holes at Caledonia that is well suited for me to swing the driver. It's a fairly wide fairway with lots of room to the left. With my fade, I feel comfortable aiming down the left side and swinging away. If I am in the fairway, I will more than likely be going for two.

Number 8 sets up pretty well for me. It's one of the few holes at Caledonia that is well suited for me to swing the driver. It's a fairly wide fairway with lots of room to the left. With my fade, I feel comfortable aiming down the left side and swinging away. If I am in the fairway, I will more than likely be going for two.

Is it driver->9 iron or driver->PW?

Is it driver->9 iron or driver->PW?

I don't think I've ever had a 9 or PW into the green, but the shorter the club, the better. It's a relatively small target. I've played it a few times and I've been in there two before but I've also found myself pitching from the trees on the right by the green or the edge of the water with one eye looking for alligators.

Going for par 5s in two, regardless of difficulty depends on so many variables.
- how far did my drive go?
- where are we in the match?
- how am I striking the ball today?
- what is my opponent doing?

Etc etc.

Castors wedge shot on 8 still haunts me!

But it proves there is a reward even when playing it safe, but for those with the distance, watching you go for it in 2 is so much fun! Great large green, deep with a ton of slope from back to front!

You too??? He put in the junk for our fourth after an unplayable! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, on the green is good imo. We had some breathing room while maynard and castor were traipsing through the jungle anyway.

Castors mindset was that he never had the opportunity to see rainforest before.

Definitely a great hole to say the least, before heading to that oddly placed #9.

You too??? He put in the junk for our fourth after an unplayable! :)

No he stuck it so close in alt shot with Mike vs Jeff and myself. He was money!

I saw this quote today and it made me think of this event.

"Teamwork is the fuel that allows common people to produce uncommon results"

Winning and losing are part of any competition but when you look back on the journey to get you there it's about so much more.

As we move into May, something is in the air. It's like I can feel it, grab it and try desparately to hold onto it. I want to create my Legacy and and leaning on the people here to do so. #THPLegacy is nearing and each and every participant has the same shot right now. The shot to be triumphant. The shot to be a champion. The shot to grab that trophy. The shot to create their legacy.

Soon you will be ordering your tools of the trade. You will craft them from the choices and be ready for that Friday morning when you wake up at 4am full of nerves. You will grab food and sit trying to grab your cup to drink out of as the nerves try and rattle you. Then you will come down and see what is waiting for you. How your Legacy will begin.

Then that night you find out how your first matchup will look. You find out who will be trying to foil your own legacy with theirs. There is about 60 days left and a lot of work still to be done. In 60 days one can overhaul their game and their diet. How bad do you want it? Can you taste the victory? Will a loss wreck you? This event is what you want out of it. Its what you make of it. Its there if you want it.

Grab a hold for the final stretch and prepare to have a shot at creating your legacy...

As we move into May, something is in the air. It's like I can feel it, grab it and try desparately to hold onto it. I want to create my Legacy and and leaning on the people here to do so. #THPLegacy is nearing and each and every participant has the same shot right now. The shot to be triumphant. The shot to be a champion. The shot to grab that trophy. The shot to create their legacy.

Soon you will be ordering your tools of the trade. You will craft them from the choices and be ready for that Friday morning when you wake up at 4am full of nerves. You will grab food and sit trying to grab your cup to drink out of as the nerves try and rattle you. Then you will come down and see what is waiting for you. How your Legacy will begin.

Then that night you find out how your first matchup will look. You find out who will be trying to foil your own legacy with theirs. There is about 60 days left and a lot of work still to be done. In 60 days one can overhaul their game and their diet. How bad do you want it? Can you taste the victory? Will a loss wreck you? This event is what you want out of it. Its what you make of it. Its there if you want it.

Grab a hold for the final stretch and prepare to have a shot at creating your legacy...
It's easy to say you are doing enough but there is plenty of time to take self stock and be honest with yourself and see where you really are at. You don't want to be the guy that thinks you could have done more while the other team is celebrating.

It's easy to say you are doing enough but there is plenty of time to take self stock and be honest with yourself and see where you really are at. You don't want to be the guy that thinks you could have done more while the other team is celebrating.

If you are asking yourself if you have done enough, you aren't doing enough.

That's some Bill Walsh words right there… How can that NOT get one fired up?

Boom! Love it JB!

I'm bettering myself on and off the course. With some of the recent changes I've made I feel like the sky has become the limit for me.

Come July it will be time to buck up or shut up... And I'll have my wallet ready.

This is absolutely fantastic advice and why you are a better captain than I am. Plenty of time to take honest self stock. Just a tremendous post and one that I wish I saw 4 years ago...

Back