The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Interesting take. Now I am sure this will be dismissed as a Chamblee type of thing, but with what we have seen as of late, and his round today, he has a point.

Middle of fairway on one, bogie, 8 iron in hand on two, missed green by 30 yds. No distance control from unempeeded lies. Trench of a chip later on the front nine. Driver into 1 fairway off 18 tee. These are the mistakes of a man lost in the wilderness.

From a golf stand point this is the worst I have seen. And I think if he doesn't take drastic measure, he is done. Never mind the rumors of personal life. I fet sad for him today. That was a horrible display by him.

I think he's definitely lost. 1st in proximity to the hole one round and then 80 or so the next. Its like we have no idea what he's going to do out there haha

Tiger was terrible today, there were no excuses as Mr. Lusetich said. Definitely not in form, which is disappointing since he hit his irons so well two weeks ago. However, as long as he's healthy there is no reason for him to be 'done', whatever that means. Should Tom Gillis (as we know, runner up last week), Keegan, Bill Haas, and Streelman who were all in tigers area code score wise (Without looking it up I don't know those players tee times, the afternoon was tougher) hang it up too? Just ridiculous that people continue to harp on this. We know Tiger is bad right now, I'm sure Tiger himself is quite aware. Done for good? I know that if I had to place a large bet on Tiger winning a professional event again, I would say that he would. Tiger's being crucified by the standards he set for himself. The media just needs to quit talking about him for a while, and either let him fade away or wait for another resurgence, even if it's just a small one like he had under Foley.

Tiger was terrible today, there were no excuses as Mr. Lusetich said. Definitely not in form, which is disappointing since he hit his irons so well two weeks ago. However, as long as he's healthy there is no reason for him to be 'done', whatever that means. Should Tom Gillis (as we know, runner up last week), Keegan, Bill Haas, and Streelman who were all in tigers area code score wise (Without looking it up I don't know those players tee times, the afternoon was tougher) hang it up too? Just ridiculous that people continue to harp on this. We know Tiger is bad right now, I'm sure Tiger himself is quite aware. Done for good? I know that if I had to place a large bet on Tiger winning a professional event again, I would say that he would. Tiger's being crucified by the standards he set for himself. The media just needs to quit talking about him for a while, and either let him fade away or wait for another resurgence, even if it's just a small one like he had under Foley.

All of those players listed have had solid finishes in the last 18 months. I dont think any of them shot 85 either, but I could be wrong on that part. Im not saying he is done, but I understand the take with what we have seen and saw today.

The era ended long ago and it has been sad to watch, but I thought long ago he was done and I still have little doubt he will ever win anywhere at anytime again. I also do not see ever playing the Champions Tour. I think he will feel that tour is below him and his health will always now be an issue.

Middle of fairway on one, bogie, 8 iron in hand on two, missed green by 30 yds. No distance control from unempeeded lies. Trench of a chip later on the front nine. Driver into 1 fairway off 18 tee. These are the mistakes of a man lost in the wilderness.

From a golf stand point this is the worst I have seen. And I think if he doesn't take drastic measure, he is done. Never mind the rumors of personal life. I fet sad for him today. That was a horrible display by him.

i feel like almost every time he goes out (except Masters & Greenbriar) we say this is the worst we have seen.

I stopped feeling bad for him long ago, he is in denial & has been for a while he has surrounded himself with an entourage of yes men & if you say otherwise you're gone.

That guy in the video said nothing new, it obviously mental watch him warm up he stripes it, the scores he shoots when he is just out there practicing either at home or practice rounds are great.

I don't see hm coming back he totally Duval'ing right now & there is probably no return.

I agree with you, and I also understand it. I'm just surprised that after how his foley campaign started, people are so quick to write him off again. If things aren't clicking by the beginning of next season, after more time to make changes, then I could understand that talk.

i feel like almost every time he goes out (except Masters & Greenbriar) we say this is the worst we have seen.

I stopped feeling bad for him long ago, he is in denial & has been for a while he has surrounded himself with an entourage of yes men & if you say otherwise you're gone.

That guy in the video said nothing new, it obviously mental watch him warm up he stripes it, the scores he shoots when he is just out there practicing either at home or practice rounds are great.

I don't see hm coming back he totally Duval'ing right now & there is probably no return.
I've not seen him miss greens with short irons from the middle of the fairway. This from a guy that a month ago was rumored to be striping his irons and just needed to fix the driver. The sh!t I saw today I see on the weekends at my club. Hell I see better at my club.

I agree with you, and I also understand it. I'm just surprised that after how his foley campaign started, people are so quick to write him off again. If things aren't clicking by the beginning of next season, after more time to make changes, then I could understand that talk.

What is so quick though? Its been almost two years.
He has 8 wins in 6 years with 5 of them coming in a single year when he got hot.
As a player, he has openly said that majors are the only thing that matters (generalization) and has not won in over 7 years.
The Foley relationship ended in fiasco.

If there is one thing this thread shows, its no matter what he does, how bad he plays, or anything else, people still think he has a chance.

He has 8 wins in 6 years with 5 of them coming in a single year when he got hot.
As a player, he has openly said that majors are the only thing that matters and has not won in over 7 years.

If there is one thing this thread shows, its no matter what he does, how bad he plays, or anything else, people still think he has a chance.

he will always have a chance it's golf ... you see guys miss a cut one week, then come back the next & finish top 5, Lingmerth went 29-40 today it's a weird game & granted Tiger is very lost but until the day he retires there will always be a chance, although that chance is very very slim right now

As a player, he has openly said that majors are the only thing that matters and has not won in over 7 years.

As a fan of a team or someone, aren't you supposed to think that? As far as his success goes, maybe all he thinks matters are majors, but getting the all time wins record held by Snead is an achievable and IMO almost as great of an achievement as the majors. I'm sure lots of things about that record can be debated since tournaments change. Yes he hasn't won a major in 7 years, but as you mentioned he has 8 wins while spending a lot of time injured. What I really meant by the "quickness" of it was the specific changes with Como. I'm not really trying to show anything or be standoffish about the matter.

As a fan of a team or someone, aren't you supposed to think that? As far as his success goes, maybe all he thinks matters are majors, but getting the all time wins record held by Snead is an achievable and IMO almost as great of an achievement as the majors. I'm sure lots of things about that record can be debated since tournaments change. Yes he hasn't won a major in 7 years, but as you mentioned he has 8 wins while spending a lot of time injured. What I really meant by the "quickness" of it was the specific changes with Como. I'm not really trying to show anything or be standoffish about the matter.

And I think its great to root for a team or player despite how he/they treat others around them. If one wants to be a fan, all of the power to them and that is what makes sports great.

Its the defense mechanism and the non-ability to have objective conversations about topics like this that is fascinating to me (and I mean fascinating, not frustrating, because I am truly fascinated by it). And I say that not mentioning anything about people in this thread or THP, just in general. We have a player that was dominant a LONG time ago. Arguably the best ever. Reminds me so much of Ali vs Larry Holmes its crazy.

I feel bad for him out there. Many have said he looks lost and I agree. No consistency in what works for him from week to week. Tiger is part if what got me into golf in the late 90s and have been a fan of his since. I want to see him do well again and win especially some majors but the realist in me has started thinking he might never win again.

All you need to know about Tiger right now is written all over his face, you could see it from the second shot on #1 when he came up short and in the water...on #2 from the middle of the fairway with an 8 iron in his hand he came up 30 yards short and that just repeated all day long and you could see it on his face.....he is lost and even he doesn't believe what he is seeing.

He didnt look right to me at Wednesdays presser.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

He didnt look right to me at Wednesdays presser.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
He always looks constipated when talking about his golf game.

I'm a huge Tiger fan, and I was very optimistic about his chances coming into this event based on his performance at the Greenbrier. It was very disappointing to see him so lost with short-irons in his hand as that has been one of the only facets of his game that has been pretty okay this year. I know it's been two years since he's won, however last year he was injured for most of the year. Now that he's healthy and able to practice though, I was hoping for more improvement than what we've seen. I will always be optimistic when it comes to Tiger because he always seems to be able to do the impossible, or at least he used to be able to do the impossible.

Hopefully he'll turn in a solid round and possibly make the cut, although he's got a VERY long way to go to do that.

He is approaching Ian Baker-Finch territory at this point. His brain is getting in the way.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I keep hoping the Tiger story will take a positive turn. Not yet. This is a long chapter of gloom. In the meantime I keep hearing that he is amazing on the practice area and then can't bring that to the course. His laissez faire attitude for the opening round of the Open championship yesterday was rather troubling. He is so lost, and I don't think he will find Tiger Woods out on the old course or on any course. He needs to bring Tiger Woods to a course. Second round looks like an easy prediction: He's going to flounder today and have some free time on his hands as the cut happens way, way up from his score. I suggest he hit the local pub scene where he can drown his woes in pints, song, and tall tales of glory past.

As a player, he has openly said that majors are the only thing that matters (generalization) and has not won in over 7 years.

how long before or even if it happens does Tiger go I have got to go back to basics and what worked for all those years. I read something yesterday and the quote was "Everybody wanted to swing like Tiger except Tiger". He is not stupid but I wonder if he has too big of an ego to back to what worked and basically accept failure in what he tried.

how long before or even if it happens does Tiger go I have got to go back to basics and what worked for all those years. I read something yesterday and the quote was "Everybody wanted to swing like Tiger except Tiger". He is not stupid but I wonder if he has too big of an ego to back to what worked and basically accept failure in what he tried.

He's trying to go back to what worked. He used to be 30 yards farther than everybody else. He isn't that anymore, but he sure is trying really hard

Based on the choices he is making, stupid is what I would use to describe him. He is pissing on his own legacy

Based on the choices he is making, stupid is what I would use to describe him. He is pissing on his own legacy

True. What is happening to Tiger reminds me of how Duval fell. Difference is as good as Duval was he wasn't Tiger

DD fell because he didn't take care of his vertigo and then tried to change his swing. He never found that power cut again. At his peak he was every bit as good as TW and could have been one of his biggest rivals but changed, thinking he had to.
True. What is happening to Tiger reminds me of how Duval fell. Difference is as good as Duval was he wasn't Tiger

Back