The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd. Blue skys and sunny down here. Must suck for you dudes.

What's even more odd is there are blue skies in Wardy's pic :confused2:

Odd. Blue skys and sunny down here. Must suck for you dudes.

It's already sunny again. It popped up right at the Pasco County/Hillsborough County border and just rained there. Back to sunny back around my office.

It's already sunny again. It popped up right at the Pasco County/Hillsborough County border and just rained there. Back to sunny back around my office.

That would make sense. That area is disgusting. :D

PGA SS club work is worthless. Had them pull my Radix shaft out of my G20 and tip it with a Callaway Optifit adapter. My wife picked up the shaft for me today. I get the shaft and something is rattling around inside of it. They are officially 0-2. Someone is getting throat punched.

I called PGA SS and explained the situation. The guy actually said, "It was probably like that before". Yeah I definitely wouldnt have noticed something rattling in my club. He said I can drop it off and they will work on it but it will be a few days. Cant wait to see this mook when I go there and ask for the manager.

Seems like it never ends.

It does. And then you wonder why you ever wanted school life to end. (The last part isn't really true, at least not all the time.)

I called PGA SS and explained the situation. The guy actually said, "It was probably like that before". Yeah I definitely wouldnt have noticed something rattling in my club. He said I can drop it off and they will work on it but it will be a few days. Cant wait to see this mook when I go there and ask for the manager.

North Eastern people just aren't pleasant, are they? I exclude you of course, Dev. You're a ray of sunshine in a cloudy day.

$700+ for new tires... BOOM?

$700+ for new tires... BOOM?

I've got you beat.

A few months ago, I replaced the front two tires on my car. Normally, I change all four at once, but an alignment issue really wore down the front tires and left the rear tires with a lot of tread. No worries, though, since my local tire store would just keep these tires rotated and eventually swap out the rear tires.

Fast forward two weeks. I had a flat rear tire while visiting my parents. Tire was beyond plugging, and (here's the best part), the local tire chain that I usually deal with is only located in Atlanta. So, when I tried to just replace the rear two tires to match the front ones, I was out of luck. I had to get four new, matching tires, and the money that I spent on the front two (from two weeks prior) was wasted. Awesome.

The only saving grace to all of this is that I had the tires installed at a national chain, so I can get the tires and repair service back home. Otherwise, that was the suck.

Lost my THP putter cover today. I never even took it off and putted with that putter( yes I was carrying two putters) I left my name/number and a description of the cover at the clubhouse. Hopefully someone turns it in and don't steal it. I was pretty upset.

Well I broke my replacement laptop.

Between not having the right parts, crappy installation instructions, a customer who needs this thing yesterday, a salesmen who needs it a week ago and is afraid of losing the sale and is hounding me about it, a laptop that is so outdated and lacks the processing power to run the programs and stuff just not working like it should I broke it. 100% on me, wouldn't blame them if they made me pay for it. But if they do I'm gonna run it over so they don't fix it and actually buy us something that works.

Bad week.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

The organization of the school I subbed at today was just mind boggling. I was supposed to work as an aid to one of the teachers there, so they sent me to a classroom...only for me to find that the teacher isn't present. I see a lesson plan on the desk, and kids start to pile in. After sending them to Art class, I find the teacher who I'm supposed to be aiding but find out from the office that I would be in charge of the 5th graders who I met in the morning. After about an hour getting these kids in line and giving them a project, I get paged back to the office... "You have a sub cert, right?" "Yes." "Well I need you to take over another class for the rest of the day." And those kids were just punks.

My lord, was today horrendous.

Back spasms...what a giant pain in the a$$...well actually pain in the back. I blame my stupid, over priced, extra fluffy mattress. It felt like we were laying on a cloud at the store, but they fail to remind you that clouds have no support.

Back spasms...what a giant pain in the a$$...well actually pain in the back. I blame my stupid, over priced, extra fluffy mattress. It felt like we were laying on a cloud at the store, but they fail to remind you that clouds have no support.

If you would stop running a marathon in your sleep your back would feel better. :D

I reluctantly bought a super expensive firm mattress (despite wanting something much more plush) and couldn't be more happy with it. I am able to fall asleep right away and sleep as good as I ever have. It was also $300 cheaper than the plush versions :D

Impromptu spa visit is in order

Good news the laptop we are expected to work on machinery that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars is only worth $180, and he dvd drive I broke is worth like $15 so I'll just order a new one a none will be the wiser. Though I'm still an idiot and will let them know what i did.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

I reluctantly bought a super expensive firm mattress (despite wanting something much more plush) and couldn't be more happy with it. I am able to fall asleep right away and sleep as good as I ever have. It was also $300 cheaper than the plush versions :D

That is what we had. Had a Temperpedic before this one and wanted to get something new. Well I did. I feel terrible about this. I truly do.

Impromptu spa visit is in order

She's too cheap. :D

I am jealous! I am honestly thinking about getting a firm mattress topper for my side of the bed because I know JB still likes the softer bed, but I much prefer the firmer one, and my back requires it.

Last edited:
That is what we had. Had a Temperpedic before this one and wanted to get something new. Well I did. I feel terrible about this. I truly do.

I am jealous! I am honestly thinking about getting a firm mattress topper for my side of the bed because I know JB still likes the softer bed, but I much prefer the firmer one, and my back requires it.

To be honest, I would have never given one a chance if it wasn't for Erin wanting it because of her back problems. I got lucky on this one

Last edited by a moderator:
We got this at the end of last summer and glad we did. It was weird getting use to for the first few nights but wow is it great. I do think I get better sleep with a Temperpedic.

We got this at the end of last summer and glad we did. It was weird getting use to for the first few nights but wow is it great. I do think I get better sleep with a Temperpedic.

I love our Temperpedic bed...haven't had a better night's sleep.

Non technical people that drive attempts to troubleshoot outages or technical failures drive me up a wall.

(Scenarios and names have been changed to protect the stupid)

Problem description: I pulled up to a stop sign, and once I came to a stop my engine died. Now I can't get it started.

Project Manager: Hey, maybe it's the brakes?
Development team liaison: No, we fixed the brakes in the last maintenance.
Actual developer: No we didn't
Development team liaison: Yes we did, it got added at the last minute
Actual developer: Whatevs. What do brakes have to do with the engine dying?
Project Manager: It's true, it happened to me the last time I changed my blinker fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back