Bubba Watson Painting His General Lee

I was a huge Bubba fan until I read this.

I am no longer a fan of Bubba Watson. I hope he shanks every shot he hits from now on.

And to quote Forest Gump "That's all I'm gonna say about that!"

This is the flag I fought for in Vietnam and the only one that matters to me today

Do you have one In front of your home today ? Happy 4th of July !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is the flag I fought for in Vietnam and the only one that matters to me today?

79a1b094ad3e582ae1dc53d671ef6a97.jpg

Yes sir, ours was blown over in a storm last week but she's back up and flying now! Happy 4th everyone! Be safe

If I'm correct the KKK didn't start until a few years after the war was over. Not sure when they started using the battle flag.

The Klan was founded in part by Nathan Bedford Forrest the year after the war ended. He was the best cavalry general the south had even though Stuart got all the press .

He left shortly thereafter when he realized the organization was must too violent than he wanted .

Speaking of Forrest he has no less than 32 dedicated historical markers linked to him.

Better start tearing them down .

Very true. Such a damned shame that racists have taken over that flag and changed its meaning. The vast, vast majority of Confederate soldiers that fought and died under that flag were, not slave owners.

War of the rich, fought by the poor. Ain't that always the way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Golfers should golf and stay out of politics...I was following him on FB until the announcement, no longer.

I agree and I never followed him and never will.

This is the flag I fought for in Vietnam and the only one that matters to me today

Yes......And THANK YOU for your service!

Went to town tonight and I saw 3 trucks around town with 3x5 Confederate Flags flying in there bed. Don't really see to much of that, maybe a sticker or flag at someones house. Thought it was funny that all of sudden I seen 3 trucks flying them tonight.

I was a huge Bubba fan until I read this.

I am no longer a fan of Bubba Watson. I hope he shanks every shot he hits from now on.

And to quote Forest Gump "That's all I'm gonna say about that!"
Everybody's got their reasons. Bubba for painting over the Stars and Bars. And you for not approving.

Again, the flag you're speaking of was never the flag of the Confederacy. It was a battle flag, not the flag of the country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, nevermind.

He should change the name to the Betsy Ross is he is going with the stars and stripes.

I was born in Gainesville, FL with a good bit of family who still lives in the Ocala/Gainesville/Alachua area. I have lived in Orlando most of my life. I went to college in Birmingham, AL. my wife's family is from small town central/eastern and lower Alabama. here are some of my observations.

redneck =/= racist
white trash =/= redneck
racism IS NOT limited to the south or to any particular race or country or religion or political ethos. racism is everywhere in the world, and has been around forever.
there are good, wholesome, loving, open-minded people in the south.
I do not know what it is like to be a person of color, seen as less than equal based on nothing other than the color of my skin.
i have encountered many people who embrace this flag. while some have certainly been racist, it is ignorant and misinformed to label all this way. all of the people I have encountered who fly this flag do so because it represents a desire to be left alone by a meddling government. these people often have many guns, have strong loyalty to family, and are religious. they are more regressive than progressive. but above all else, they just want to be free to live their lives in peace.

the only argument I am willing to accept that advocates the removal of the flag is that it serves no greater good. it has become a symbol that it was not originally meant to be. with no good to come, and plenty of bad associated, I understand the push for its removal. but I don't condone the removal. it's wasted energy and a massive diversion from real issues.

racism IS NOT limited to the south or to any particular race or country or religion or political ethos. racism is everywhere in the world, and has been around forever.

Very true and extremely unfortunate.

Personally, I've lost all respect for Bubba Watson. It is his car and he can do with it as he wishes, however he had no issues with the flag on the top of the General Lee in the several years that he has owned it, until now. He is simply pandering, and I have no respect for panderers.

As far as the flag issue...

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a Southerner (born in Baton Rouge, LA, currently residing in Nashville, TN). I'm also a Libertarian, who is fundamentally against uber powerful Federal central government. So you can say that I'm a "confederate" so to speak. You can not uphold freedom of speech by silencing those with whom you disagree. My first job out of college was teaching 11th grade American History (one of my degrees is in History), and this flag issue is too complexed and nuisanced for the way that it is being represented in the media. An evil, disturbed man murdered 9 people, but instead of discussing the one thing that he had in common with all recent mass shooters (the fact that he was also on serotonin re-uptake inhibitors), we are discussing a flag. It's a "wag the dog", Big Pharma would rather you discuss a flag than their possible liability.

Dax

Absolutely not as my comment was strictly about people who I've talked to and encountered every day. I live in a very small backwoods town and those people are very much redneck racist douchebags and they wont hesitate to tell you. Come on up if you dont believe me. I guess it is sad and wrong that yes if OG drove his truck up here then people would think that way although he'd have southern plates so hopefully a non ignorant person would realize he's not some idiot. I think there's going to be a difference in perspective between the people living down south and the people way up here. I do notice a lot of these rednecks are just wannabes and have never traveled out of state or know the first thing about what he southern states are actually like haha. Im not one of them and please dont take my comments as attacking you guys in the south. Im speaking about people in my area.
Same here. I know quite a few people who think the Confederate flag is a symbol that youre country, even though theyre not from the southern and have never even been there.
I can certainly understand those who were born and raised in the south who believe the Confederate flag is part of their heritage but then you have black people from the south who view it as a symbol of racism and segregation. It is worth nothing that what we know to be the Confederate flag is actually the Confederate BATTLE flag, which isnt the same as the flag that represented the Confederate States Of America. In many ways, the Confederate battle flag that we are talking about now never recall became prominant until the 1950s as a symbol used by southerners who were pro-segregation. In that context, it is more certainly a symbol of racism and hate. Thats a different discussion for a different topic though.

The south gets dumped on because it's an easy target, but there are racist in every state and city. This country is no more guilty than the ENTIRE WORLD throughout all of history.

How many of you know that slavery still goes on in Africa today? Mainly it's Muslims owning Christians. The Arab world is full of slavery, it's just not discussed and exposed.

Today, a big underlying issue is reverse racism. From Jay-Z to Stephen A. But that doesn't get talked about.

I'm sure if Bubba painted the car with the gay flag colors that wouldn't be offensive, right? I mean, who cares about Christians anymore? (Sarcasm)

Will be honest, I'm pretty ignorant of the particulars of the Civil War outside of pretty much of what you hear normally, including what's in this thread. Read an interesting article recently in the Washington Post which kind of paints it in a different light.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...ecause-our-textbooks-and-monuments-are-wrong/

As far as Bubba repainting the General Lee...i have never watched a single episode of Dukes of Hazzard, but even I can see what an ignorant and pandering move this is on Bubba's part. If you don't like what the care stands for anymore...then sell it to someone who doesn't share your tender heart, and let's try not to destroy yesterday's history to meet today's ideals.

Only in America would the Kardashians be celebrated and the Dukes be shunned off the air.
I get it, but I dont get it.

Bubba owns the car, so he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. It's just funny; the people who can't wait to scream "PC, PC" are usually not the people who have endured a form of racism or discrimination. So because they think it's BS, everyone should think it's BS.

I'm sure Bubba will lose a lot of sleep over all those people who are no longer fans of his; If you suddenly un-fan yourself because he does something somewhat political that doesn't suit your own political conviction, you weren't a fan in the first place!

Must be me then because a google search under Klan brings up these images
0297d548f22e9d1211430d588ff7e1e5.jpg

2f7c8a6cee6ae7f615be07125b80bf1d.jpg

Skin heads fly the Nazi flag and the Confederate and amwricam.flag are typically at klan rallies. My media is either bias or dead wrong.

Your gonna have a lot of explaining to do if your wife ever tries to type Kleenex into the search bar.

Only in America would the Kardashians be celebrated and the Dukes be shunned off the air.
I get it, but I dont get it.
Never thought about it like that. That makes me think.

Back