The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna utilize all of these tips so I make less grammatical errors. Not really sure why though, I could care less what you think of me.

I'm gonna utilize all of these tips so I make less grammatical errors. Not really sure why though, I could care less what you think of me.

I sea what you did their.

Brandel Chamblee bugs the sh!t out of me

My work computer has had a hard drive fan failure. For me to fix this it would take five minutes but since I cant do it, I had to spend 10 minutes writing a service request to IT. Then either they will fix it (god knows when) or call in a rep from Dell to replace it. Its an $8 fan that is not really even needed. I could just disable the low speed warning in the bios but I can't do that either or open the case to even see if its spinning. I understand that there are procedures in place for specific reasons but this is a huge waste of time and possibly money for something I do all the time that even a 10 year old can do.

My work computer has had a hard drive fan failure. For me to fix this it would take five minutes but since I cant do it, I had to spend 10 minutes writing a service request to IT. Then either they will fix it (god knows when) or call in a rep from Dell to replace it. Its an $8 fan that is not really even needed. I could just disable the low speed warning in the bios but I can't do that either or open the case to even see if its spinning. I understand that there are procedures in place for specific reasons but this is a huge waste of time and possibly money for something I do all the time that even a 10 year old can do.
Yeah, we have one IT guy and he's usually pretty busy. I could fix 90% of the crap that happens to my dept's PCs but noooooo effing way would I be allowed to do that. Even though I WAS the IT guy when our company first came to town and opened the doors and before they hired our guy.

Decided to putt around the house while the wife was at work. Pulled the putter out of the bag to find the shaft rusting. :angry: Looked at the shafts of my irons and they're speckled but not as bad as the putter. Guess it was a bad idea to leave my clubs in the garage.

Oh the joys of the emotional pregnant wife....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was my day off and the Internet has been spotty in the house all day, how am I supposed to keep up with THP??

Today was my day off and the Internet has been spotty in the house all day, how am I supposed to keep up with THP??
Mobile hot spot!

Why can't I ever sleep in at a hotel? There's no reason for me to have already been up for more than an hour.

Also, since accepting I'm bald and cutting my hair short, but letting my beard grow, I no longer get bed head, I get bed face.

I was thinking about this all night, why is it so hard for people today to do the little things? Say thank you, say please, yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir, no sir., or just hold the door for someone else?

I hate how me me me our society has become.

I was thinking about this all night, why is it so hard for people today to do the little things? Say thank you, say please, yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir, no sir., or just hold the door for someone else?

Goes back to the word "deserve" and why I cannot stand it.

Goes back to the word "deserve" and why I cannot stand it.
Seeing these high school age kids like I do daily, its ingrained in them. They deserve to pass, they deserve to be good at sports, they deserve a reprieve from work. I don't get it, I worked my ass off for EVERYTHING in my life, and then because of that I believe I was afforded some amazing opportunities, but I failed sometimes and eventually earned those good things that came.

I dunno dude. Some days it just kills me, I can promise that my Little Lotte will not be that way, parenting matters.

I completely agree. It's a plague. From children to adults, it's infecting everyone.
I stopped to get coffee this morning and had a similar thought. I used to walk in the store, get greeted and had the full attention of the clerk while I was there. It seems like half of the time I go in a store the employees seem disengaged or even angry that I chose to spend my money there. This morning, the clerk was on her cell phone texting while half-ass doing her job.

I completely agree. It's a plague. From children to adults, it's infecting everyone.
I stopped to get coffee this morning and had a similar thought. I used to walk in the store, get greeted and had the full attention of the clerk while I was there. It seems like half of the time I go in a store the employees seem disengaged or even angry that I chose to spend my money there. This morning, the clerk was on her cell phone texting while half-ass doing her job.
Its why the McDonald's promotion irritates me, you should ALREADY be kind and courteous to people in your day to day, even if they aren't to you. Not just because our want some free damn food.

It starts early with parenting. When my kids don't say thank you I find myself apologizing. If we raise our little ones to appreciate life, they will make this world a better place.

It starts early with parenting. When my kids don't say thank you I find myself apologizing. If we raise our little ones to appreciate life, they will make this world a better place.
Amen Pandaman. Said perfectly.

Its why the McDonald's promotion irritates me, you should ALREADY be kind and courteous to people in your day to day, even if they aren't to you. Not just because our want some free damn food.
I will add this, if you aren't shown appreciation you will have a tendency to get surly. Not saying it's right but everyone deserves to acknowledged by their boss, peers, friends..with out that life could, I stress could start to look dull.

I totally agree with you. Our whole city is under a State of Emergency due to a main water line break the other day that emptied all the reserve tanks for the city and are not supposed to use any water (if you are lucky enough to have any). Most of the town has been melting snow to flush toilets. They fixed the main and some close to the water source have started to get water but we are still not supposed to use any. Last night I am talking with a friend and about how some of the ones that are starting to get water are on FaceBook saying how great a shower feels and yet most of us still don't have enough to flush the toilet yet and how it pisses me off that they are doing that. She then says to me "Well we got water back and I hadn't had a shower in three days and it's my birthday so I took a shower and I don't feel bad at all for doing it." then proceeds to tell me her boys have been showering even when the water was dirt brown until they completely lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back