How Open Minded Are You?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a question for THPers that should be a fun conversation. Many have their brand loyalties, style loyalties and even color loyalties when it comes to golf clubs. How open minded are you? Are you a person that is 100% brand loyal and will stick to that brand? Are you a person that explores everything and usually gravitates to the same brand? I should say there is nothing wrong with either of course, or any of the above as long as you enjoy the game, but curiosity gets the best of me at times as it pertains to buying habits. I should also say that I am not a huge fan of the word loyal being used, but its kind of the norm at this point. So THpers, explain how loyal you are and the reasons you explore or don't explore.

I am very open minded when it comes to brand. That said if a company has a bad rep it take a good bit more for me to want to try their products.

Now that said club type (style) I am not as open minded as I would like to be. I tend to gravitate towards the same style of golf clubs even if I am trying to achieve something different.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

What ever Jordan Spieth wears is what I'm going to wear. :D

I feel like I am pretty open minded. My bag is open to one and all. I cant think of any company that I will not give a shot to go in my bag.

I will play and wear whatever a company gives me.

i'm definitely not loyal to any brand. there is no brand i will try first before trying anything else.

but i admit to passing over some brands because of preconceived notions. thp is definitely tearing down those biases for me.

I think I'm open minded for the most part but I have a few irrational habits. I used to dog on Taylormade pretty harsh for years but when their clubs performed best they went in the bag.

I will always have 4 or 5 brands that I go to first but before purchase I like to try everything that catches my eye.

I'm Brand Open Minded - I'm fully aware that different brands have different strengths that will or will not fit me.
I want to use what maximize my game not because of the manufacture.

Actually, I'm glad to see more PGA Tour Golfers mixing up Brands in WITB.
It means to me they are not following the company line and are using the best equipment that fits their game, like the amateurs do.

I'm open to anything that works for me. If anything, I have been wary of brands associated with "better" players, which I most certainly am not. But I will try anything that gets good recommendations, and almost always end up with something that was not my first choice based on research.

Im completely open minded, except for when it came to single length irons, but other than that, pretty open minded.

I have things that I like. Those preferences are based on experience. But I'll try anything and am willing to put it in the bag if I like it better.

I have an OEM that I will give first shot at a spot in my bag given past experiences/results. I will always take a look at the market and see what catches my eye or what might be a better fit.

Clothing wise I have a style I like and usually don't venture too far from that.

Loyal meaning only buy one brand? No. BUT definitely look at certain brands first.

I'm open minded to a point. There are certain brands that just leave a bad taste in my mouth or I've got preconceived perceptions of, normally based on past releases. As far as style is concerned, I tend to stick with what I like and don't really veer too far from that most of the time.

Brand I can care less, if I can play the club its in the bag. Style of club however, I tend to stay with similar designs. For example, I love my hybrids rounded and wood-like. The Burner Superfast 2.0 is one I really enjoy.

I have my loyalties but im not 100% positive theyre directed completely to the brand. If the people behind a particular brand leave and go somewhere else, Im not sure where my loyalties stand. Easiest way for me to put it is Im loyal to those who show me im more than just a number to them

I would say in the past I have been pretty open minded. After next week, I will probably have a little more loyalty to a certain company. If products and performance are extremely close, I will go with the company I prefer. If there is a huge difference in performance, I would go with the better performing club.

I am pretty open minded when it comes to brands and colors. Where I can get pretty particular is in the sound and feel categories. I'm getting better, but if I don't like looking at a club and it sounds funny, it's very difficult for me to game it.

I have no brand loyalty. I'll try any club from any manufacturer. Same goes for other golf equipment and clothing. I'm a guy that will have clubs from many different OEM's in my bag. Price usually dictates my purchases, not brand.

With golf stuff pretty much open minded until recently, other things maybe not. Recently cut the cable and went to streaming video and Callaway has a channel. That being said Callaway has some of the best clubs I have had over the years. They had a video that they said might be offensive, well it was. After about thirty seconds turned it off, cancelled the channel, put my new Callaway cap at the back of the stack and soon as I could traded my driver (that I liked) for a TM. Would have thrown cap away if it hadn't been a gift from my wife. They have lost a customer that has at times had a full Callaway bag.

The only loyalties I have are based around how a company treats its consumers in terms of accessibility, interaction, etc.

If they are shut off, I'm less likely to rep them. If the embrace amateurs, I'm more likely to rep them.

I have no brand loyalty. I'll try any club from any manufacturer. Same goes for other golf equipment and clothing. I'm a guy that will have clubs from many different OEM's in my bag. Price usually dictates my purchases, not brand.

So say you get into an event like the Morgan Cup. You get a full bag of brand new equipment from a company. You arent going to be loyal to that company for what they are doing for you?

I'm pretty open minded, although I won't consider anything "Wilson" for some reason. I also won't look at anything "Tour Edge" without the word "Exotics" after it.

I am open to all brands, my bag is usually a hodge podge of OEMS

I'm pretty open minded, although I won't consider anything "Wilson" for some reason. I also won't look at anything "Tour Edge" without the word "Exotics" after it.

lol the first part of this post isnt that bad until you read the second part of the post

Back