Waldorf Astoria Golf Course - Orlando, FL.

My favorite course. Play it annually and we love the Bonnet Creek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sure is nice and quiet in that area. Can't go wrong with the Hilton, Waldorf or Wyndham.

Great review Canes. I frequently stay in that area and have yet made it out to any course on Disney property. Definitely will store this review in the brain.

Fantastic write up, but so many golf courses in Orlando to play that are top notch. Within a 30 mile circumference you're going to have Disney's Palm, Magnolia and then one of my favorite Falcon's Fire. Outside of those 3 there's shingle creek, championsgate and then of course the granddaddy of them all BayHill. So much to do in Orlando! Let the kids go play at the parks while the avid golfer enjoys all of these beautiful courses. Great review though Canes, just don't want anyone to miss these other beautiful courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe I still haven't played there. Looks great.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Nice write-up. Being able to get around at that pace is awesome. I've had a lot of rounds ruined lately due to slow play, so I can appreciate that.

Looks like a fun course, my dad, brother, and I are going to be playing when we are down there in October and we want to play somewhere that we have never played yet so I'll definitely put this one on my list of tracks to consider

I've heard great things about this course. Going to have to get down and play it one day.

Thought this one could use a little bump since THP Event has been announced there for 2015.

Nice bump and a very solid review.

Now would be a good time to post any extra pics he has of the course, more sneak peaks for LIITA

I didn't take many when I went but here are the ones I found:

2a1b4ee21df2b56e7f5a49471aeb8cc4.jpg

d3d9ae3733d6c868af563787c1319a14.jpg

b5b6dde142e0955bb4d28c76eff74c37.jpg

53c6842526617793c5cea93b3a096fac.jpg

8eb3d6c7de8f07530e0bc7b123d7ed59.jpg

3cdc952a9f3b6c36844d07c6ac5de258.jpg

Here's a few more pics that were not included in the initial review.

247f996cf1af097720d0ca8b564f18b0.jpg

Par 4 3rd from the fairway

970c8a8787058e6e98cba5305cf5437f.jpg

Par 5 8th from the tee box.

2828078a14c0cfd2b4a6a484458f0ae5.jpg

Not sure what hole but if you miss the green you'll have elevation to deal with.

That kinda reminds me of the hole near the Biarritz green? I can't remember it either

Just finished playing there a c ouple days ago. Its my #2 course iin Orlando area. A THP event here will be spectacular. This course is always in exceptional shape and will present some wonderful challenges.

played there a month ago. VERY tough golf course, especially when the wind picks up. very tight off the tee, with hazards galore. can't say i enjoyed it given its difficulty, but the facilities were beautiful and the service was impeccable.

played there a month ago. VERY tough golf course, especially when the wind picks up. very tight off the tee, with hazards galore. can't say i enjoyed it given its difficulty, but the facilities were beautiful and the service was impeccable.

Something tells me the company will make this one enjoyable considering its for the THP Event including some truly great R&D people in the world of golf. People are in for a treat with this event.

I was glad to learn I could stay at the Hilton and play this course, so I am booked to play here Monday morning. I'm getting a preview of this course so that I'm firing on all cylinders for LIITA, which hopefully minimize the harassment I expect from my wife on the length of putts she will probably be left with. Everything looks really good and it will be a great end to an awesome time down in FL.

You will enjoy it.

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like a really nice lay out.

Def one of my favs and play it nearly everytime I'm in Orlando. Always top notch.

I was glad to learn I could stay at the Hilton and play this course, so I am booked to play here Monday morning. I'm getting a preview of this course so that I'm firing on all cylinders for LIITA, which hopefully minimize the harassment I expect from my wife on the length of putts she will probably be left with. Everything looks really good and it will be a great end to an awesome time down in FL.
I also stayed at the Hilton when I played this course. It is one of my favorite hotels in the area. Try to get a disney view room so you can see the course and fireworks at night.

When you're ready to head over to the clubhouse, they'll have someone take you in a golf cart. Same when you're done with the round. Actually the ops guy who cleaned my clubs took me back to the Hilton. It's a bit of a walk so take advantage of this service.

Enjoy it man. It's a great experience and top notch.

I also stayed at the Hilton when I played this course. It is one of my favorite hotels in the area. Try to get a disney view room so you can see the course and fireworks at night.

When you're ready to head over to the clubhouse, they'll have someone take you in a golf cart. Same when you're done with the round. Actually the ops guy who cleaned my clubs took me back to the Hilton. It's a bit of a walk so take advantage of this service.

Enjoy it man. It's a great experience and top notch.
Good hotel. Got to stay there for 5 days on business dimes once a few years back. Too bad it's January, as the lazy river is quite nice in the summer heat. My wife made bff's with the cabana boy (guy that fed her alcohol all day) while I was there.

Easily one of my favorite Orlando courses.

Great review.
This is sick course. Layout is solid with mature trees and good hole routes. Green complexes are a good mix of penalty and fun shot up and is and the facility is the shizzle

Back