2015 Live Driver Test - THPers Give Feedback - Tampa Bay Area

Just read the thread...good stuff fellas. ..beags killing it with these updates

The fly z was really nice for me but I was getting the same distance as my BBA 14 driver. The R15 however that I tried before I'm loving today. High ball flight with very nice carry.

#18, dogleg right.

Time to bring it home with the CG Black Custom!

7fffff36d0bfe072235a7d3ff798de3d.jpg

Pudge is taking the DBD. He is smitten with it. Hits it so well too. Going straight away and looking for his baby draw.

f8c35585ee1d44e6a64c357395a78389.jpg

And it does that. After he hits, he looks back and say "I like this club." As he should, because he hits it so well. His natural ball is a small draw and the DBD does just that for him with perfect distance.

Freddie has the Nike Vapor. Says he feels like he can absolutely crush it. Launch has been hit or miss so far..

795611448975df561a76f962c83dcec4.jpg

Pounded. Dead center of the fairway and a long way. Mid launch for panda here and he liked it. Freddie has long loved Nike drivers and this one does it well for him.

Wardy has the High Heat. Again. Go figure. Can't blame him though. He pounds it.

a20903b1de93c37f50a5604800ffb784.jpg

Slight miss but not his worst. It's crazy the results Wardy see from that club.

Me. I have the CG Black Custom.

e09306e7294f7e179049d71f4694203f.jpg

Just love what I see from this club. Perfect launch, and just a baby fade. Distance is everything that I want and the sound is a beauty. Love these offerings from Cleveland.

You guys are killing it..love that you were able to catch the ball in flight in those pics

What a freaking awesome day.

Great updates guys! Sounds like the Cleveland Black is a winner for sure.

Nicely done Beags! Killed it all day brother! Glad to see you out with the boys dude.

Missed it bro. It was fun out there today.

Big thanks to all who participated. Great job and some cool insights. I really enjoyed the read!

JM

This day was so much fun. All these drivers were fun in our hands, but I'd say we all have our favorites. War Eagle had the CG Black, I had the High Heat, Pudge had the Fly Z XL, and Freddie had the Aeroburner/Vapor Pro.

I can't wait to hear how the others did and what they liked

Great updates from everyone but this was the WE show with the updates. I don't know how you played golf with the amount of updates.

This thread was so much fun to follow. Big thanks to War Eagle who absolutely brought it in this thread! Don't know how you were able to give us such amazing updates while playing.

Great updates from everyone but this was the WE show with the updates. I don't know how you played golf with the amount of updates.

I'm quite the multi tasker.

I played quite well too.

This thread was so much fun to follow. Big thanks to War Eagle who absolutely brought it in this thread! Don't know how you were able to give us such amazing updates while playing.

Just trying to get some feedback in the hoard of drivers we had at our disposal. Also, my foursome knew what was going on and were quite patient as I posted, but didn't slow them down any.

Did the G30 make it out there? Would like to hear if it was put up against the AeroBurner

Did the G30 make it out there? Would like to hear if it was put up against the AeroBurner

Ping G30 LS Tec should have been out there somewhere based on the first post.

This was so much fun. I'm in the car and headed north. Great playing with JB, Erky and Mongo/Mango (he does absolutely smash the ball, btw). Feel like there were several Drivers that could work for me in the bunch, though for a slow swinger with a low launch, playing them at higher lofts would be the ticket. Best Driver for me today was the Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 playing at 11.5°.

Great meeting so many guys for the first time. Sorry to have to cut and run so quickly, I know there were 2 or 3 guys I didn't get to introduce myself to.

Man what a great day if golf. A ton of fun and learned quite a bit about some drivers. The Vapor Pro and XR were the standouts. The XR gave me great numbers and the Vapor Pro was just consistently down the middle, and long to boot. I'm happy to say the one swing I took with the Blue whale was short, so I was able to mark it off my list.

Which of the drivers you guys tested did you find to be the least "spinny" for the lack of a better term?

That was seriously a ton of fun. Stay tuned your city might be next.

Which of the drivers you guys tested did you find to be the least "spinny" for the lack of a better term?
Of the one's I hit, the Yonex 9°, and the Callaway Double Black Diamond

I didn't hit alot of the low spin options on the monitor. But from what I hit on the course, the r15 and vapor pro seemed to be lower in that area.

Just trying to get some feedback in the hoard of drivers we had at our disposal. Also, my foursome knew what was going on and were quite patient as I posted, but didn't slow them down any.

You were two thumbing like a madman. It was also nice that we could say out loud what we thought and you'd take care of it for us and then we could add our comments as well

I really liked the Bridgestone J15, nice ball flight and quite forgiving. The XR was a close second and was definitely more forgiving.

But that said I like my Callaway 815 better than any, just fits my swing better and covers up my mistakes.

Back