Bridgestone J15 Cavity Back Irons

Alright let me start with I think these look even better in person. I didn't think it was possible because I loved them in pictures but they sure are lookers.

Feel wise I wasn't expecting them to feel as good as they do. I loved the J40 CB but in my opinion these feel better than the j40.

Distance wise I have picked up probably 5-10 yards over the Adams CMB I have been playing. The long irons also seem much easier to hit.

You still have to hit them but they do offer some forgiveness . I hit a few shots today that I was shocked how good the result was.

I will be taking these out again tomorrow so we shall see how it goes.

Alright let me start with I think these look even better in person. I didn't think it was possible because I loved them in pictures but they sure are lookers.

Feel wise I wasn't expecting them to feel as good as they do. I loved the J40 CB but in my opinion these feel better than the j40.

Distance wise I have picked up probably 5-10 yards over the Adams CMB I have been playing. The long irons also seem much easier to hit.

You still have to hit them but they do offer some forgiveness . I hit a few shots today that I was shocked how good the result was.

I will be taking these out again tomorrow so we shall see how it goes.

Glad you like them. They are pretty haha

I had no qualms with how the j40s feel--in fact I think they feel very good, but the j15s feel a bit softer for lack of a better term.

I think I picked up a few yards over the J40 as well, which I was not expecting. I will say that I hit a few shots today where I definitely did not get the forgiveness you get in a GI iron. These are not intimidating to hit my any means but I know I need to commit to the shot in order to get a good result.

Is it me, or do these look a lot like the TM 300 forged irons? I have those in the bag currently, but these look nearly identical.

Is it me, or do these look a lot like the TM 300 forged irons? I have those in the bag currently, but these look nearly identical.

These?

B-Taylormade-300.jpg

If by "look a lot like" you mean "are irons" then yes, definitely.

Going to the range tonight with Tera and her son to work on his lesson drills. These will come along for some swings and some thoughts later. Have had enough rounds to get a solid idea.

I ordered a set of the J15 CB, 4-P with C-Taper S+, the wait is excruciating. Transitioning from playing the Titleist 714 CB/MB split, so should be a pretty smooth go. I think I might be one of the few to go with C-Tapers in this iron so I'll let you guys know how they play, but I'm bias because that shaft has been good to me in every head.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Touche. Not identical by any means, shape just seemed similar.

These?

B-Taylormade-300.jpg

If by "look a lot like" you mean "are irons" then yes, definitely.

I received my test drive today, 5 and 7 irons with dg pro stiff and kbs tour stiff shaft. This is a comparison with what I play now, Adams cb3:

The bridgestone are a bit shorter in length. The j15 has a slightly larger head and grooved area, as wide a sole with a pretty similar cut/shape to it. Aside from the rubber dampener in the center of the head of the cb3, the shape of the two is not too much dissimilar. I only hit the dg pro shafted irons a few time today on the course. The feeling and feedback from them is very nice. There is a little vibration on the hands with a thin hit and distance was not lost of course because it was thin and sailed low and long. A flush hit was pure "niceness" in the feeling in the hands and wrist, the audible was great and the trajectory and distance was maybe 5-10 yards longer than my current gamers. (distances are really speculation at this point) The trajectory I get with the dg pro is high, the 5 iron shots might yield 5 yards of roll if that. The 7 is nice, the 5 iron is wonderful. The 5 is much easier to hit well than the cb3. Speaking of hitting , I may be just too ignorant to know better, but I swear the cb is easier to hit than the dpf. The j15cb definetly looks bettert than the dpf to me. The bumpy sand cast look of the back of the dpf turns me off. The cb is elegant. The cb feels so much softer and sounds so much better. Hopefully this weekend I can hit the practice are and switch between the adams and both j15cb irons and compare shafts. Of all the irons I have hit in my search for a new iron, I put this j15cb near the top. They could be buyers.

Hit both the 5 and 7 with the dg pro and the kbs tours. I probably hit 20 balls with each club. The dg pro must be spinning a bit too much for me because on a number of flights with both the 5 and the 7 reach what you think is the apex of the flight then shift gears and go higher. The ball seems to simply fall out of the sky. The kbs gives a great ball flight and with that the bonus of added distance over the dg pros. With the kbs shaft I am finding more distance than my gamers by about 10 yards. They do feel great when struck as meant to be. They do penalize a toe hit with a distance loss greater than my gamers. actually of my test balls 50% of the 7 irons found the practice green, 20% close enough for a short chip and 30% i plain old tanked it. I had similar results with the 5 iron which i was impressed with. Thinking about it but without an explanation in both the bridgestone dpf and the cb irons the 5 irons are a standout.

Last edited:
I received my test drive today, 5 and 7 irons with dg pro stiff and kbs tour stiff shaft. This is a comparison with what I play now, Adams cb3:

The bridgestone are a bit shorter in length. The j15 has a slightly larger head and grooved area, as wide a sole with a pretty similar cut/shape to it. Aside from the rubber dampener in the center of the head of the cb3, the shape of the two is not too much dissimilar. I only hit the dg pro shafted irons a few time today on the course. The feeling and feedback from them is very nice. There is a little vibration on the hands with a thin hit and distance was not lost of course because it was thin and sailed low and long. A flush hit was pure "niceness" in the feeling in the hands and wrist, the audible was great and the trajectory and distance was maybe 5-10 yards longer than my current gamers. (distances are really speculation at this point) The trajectory I get with the dg pro is high, the 5 iron shots might yield 5 yards of roll if that. The 7 is nice, the 5 iron is wonderful. The 5 is much easier to hit well than the cb3. Speaking of hitting , I may be just too ignorant to know better, but I swear the cb is easier to hit than the dpf. The j15cb definetly looks bettert than the dpf to me. The bumpy sand cast look of the back of the dpf turns me off. The cb is elegant. The cb feels so much softer and sounds so much better. Hopefully this weekend I can hit the practice are and switch between the adams and both j15cb irons and compare shafts. Of all the irons I have hit in my search for a new iron, I put this j15cb near the top. They could be buyers.

Hit both the 5 and 7 with the dg pro and the kbs tours. I probably hit 20 balls with each club. The dg pro must be spinning a bit too much for me because on a number of flights with both the 5 and the 7 reach what you think is the apex of the flight then shift gears and go higher. The ball seems to simply fall out of the sky. The kbs gives a great ball flight and with that the bonus of added distance over the dg pros. With the kbs shaft I am finding more distance than my gamers by about 10 yards. They do feel great when struck as meant to be. They do penalize a toe hit with a distance loss greater than my gamers. actually of my test balls 50% of the 7 irons found the practice green, 20% close enough for a short chip and 30% i plain old tanked it. I had similar results with the 5 iron which i was impressed with. Thinking about it but without an explanation in both the bridgestone dpf and the cb irons the 5 irons are a standout.

i've only hit the cb's and dpf's into a simulator on a few occasions now, but i kind of agree with the bolded. heel to toe, i didn't notice a huge difference between the two, but thin and fat i thought produced better results with the cb. i'm thinking it may have something to do with the sole design as the cb's are noticeably wider with a killed leading edge...something i would've assumed you'd see on the more forgiving dpf's but it's just the opposite.
the cb's were surprisingly forgiving. for me, not only was i getting better ball speed as compared to other clubs compare them to in this category(apex pro, ap2, z745) but i was averaging less distance loss on mishits than all the others.
seemed almost as easy to hit as the z545's for me, but i was seeing better dispersion with the stock j15 set up than the z545's with 3 different shafts. i was pretty much set on the z545's until something in my head told me to at least give the cb's a swing. gonna pick them up saturday.

i've only hit the cb's and dpf's into a simulator on a few occasions now, but i kind of agree with the bolded. heel to toe, i didn't notice a huge difference between the two, but thin and fat i thought produced better results with the cb. i'm thinking it may have something to do with the sole design as the cb's are noticeably wider with a killed leading edge...something i would've assumed you'd see on the more forgiving dpf's but it's just the opposite.
the cb's were surprisingly forgiving. for me, not only was i getting better ball speed as compared to other clubs compare them to in this category(apex pro, ap2, z745) but i was averaging less distance loss on mishits than all the others.
seemed almost as easy to hit as the z545's for me, but i was seeing better dispersion with the stock j15 set up than the z545's with 3 different shafts. i was pretty much set on the z545's until something in my head told me to at least give the cb's a swing. gonna pick them up saturday.

really, because I am leaning z545 right now. there is not an appreciable difference in feel and looks between the 745 and 545 to entice me to buy the 745 and lose the playability of the 545. I really struck the 545 well at my fitting and have that club stuck in my head. I thought dpf but that iron was not for me. better dispersion from the cb? was the distance noticebly shorter for you?

take it with a grain of salt as i was hitting into the sim at pga tour superstore, but my distances were similar to the 545's. if hadn't tried the cb's, i think it would've been a no brainer for me to go with the 545's with kbs tour.

Has anyone that got the CB have Modus 120's installed or any other shafts other then DG? Or can some people comment on how they like there DG's?

Has anyone that got the CB have Modus 120's installed or any other shafts other then DG? Or can some people comment on how they like there DG's?
I have nippon super peening blues in mine. I love them so smooth and gained a good bit of distance which I was not expecting.

Have TourV 125's installed in mine and they are quite wonderful. Have gained a bit of distance as well.

You ended up ordering the DGs, right? I think you said it would take a few weeks.

I've already commented on the DGs, but I like them. Picked up some distance as well, but seeing as the others have commented on picking up some distance as well it probably has to do more with the J15s than the shaft. The DGs feel smooth to me and not harsh in any way. I'm probably on the extreme end of high ball height and spin spectrum, but the DGs haven't presented more issues than I usually have playing in wind.

You ended up ordering the DGs, right? I think you said it would take a few weeks.

I've already commented on the DGs, but I like them. Picked up some distance as well, but seeing as the others have commented on picking up some distance as well it probably has to do more with the J15s than the shaft. The DGs feel smooth to me and not harsh in any way. I'm probably on the extreme end of high ball height and spin spectrum, but the DGs haven't presented more issues than I usually have playing in wind.

I for sure think the distance increase is due to the head on these. Surprisingly long for a players cb.

I for sure think the distance increase is due to the head on these. Surprisingly long for a players cb.
I agree. These are very long for a players cb without sacrificing any feel. Awesome heads for sure. I'll want some cuts with yours in TX ;)

Yes Ordered with DG, I think I am going to stay with them , I have to stop reading posts about other shafts, play the ones that I hit and really liked the feel and launch of, playing in wind at our course is a common thing and I believe these will help keep the ballooning effect down. Thanks for the Info guys

I have to agree the distance pick up being mostly component. The DG were spinners for me so I opted for something else. A full club increase is more of the combination I think. The CB should not be overlooked....

Yes Ordered with DG, I think I am going to stay with them , I have to stop reading posts about other shafts, play the ones that I hit and really liked the feel and launch of, playing in wind at our course is a common thing and I believe these will help keep the ballooning effect down. Thanks for the Info guys

I'm the same way. No matter what I have, I'm always wondering if there is something that will work better. I think that's the nature of the game and being on THP when you are always learning about the latest and greatest.

Purchased.
Welcome to my bag in a few weeks you beauties...

Purchased.
Welcome to my bag in a few weeks you beauties...

Congrats! The wait will be excruciating. Mine has got another week to go ugh

Back