Bridgestone J15 Cavity Back Irons

I've decided to move forward with adding an half inch extension in the the J15s. I'm gonna get that done with a few extra wraps and the UtX grips on. I've been hitting them pretty well, but I will much more comfortable over the ball when I get them to the proper length. The stock shaft has been a pleasant surprise for me. I'm getting plenty of height with a nice trajectory without ballooning.

I got my irons back today and out for a range session. They felt really good and I felt more comfortable standing over the ball and could swing more naturally. I'm hoping to get them out to the course this weekend, but this storm/tropical storm thingy is cramping my style. Rain is forecast everyday for the next week.

If you were shorter like me things like this would not be an issue. Glad to see you are moving in the right direction for you JJ.

JM

If you were shorter like me things like this would not be an issue. Glad to see you are moving in the right direction for you JJ.

JM

Then I might have other issues, lol

Me too. I really like these irons. I've picked up a little bit of distance with them and with the added distance I've been able to change my bag around a bit and I like where my gaps are now.

I got a chance to swing tyno's J15CB 6i during our round this past Sunday. I was a ble to put a pretty good swing on it and caught it pure. Really great feeling iron, but with my ball striking inconsistencies, I'll leave these ones to you "pros" out there.

Spicoli, I don't even wanna know how far you hit your 3i with these. It would keep me awake at night! :alien:

Let me say that with the distance I'm seeing with the 4 iron, I don't see a need for the 3.

I'm definitely not a pro but while these are playable I don't think these are as forgiving as my J40 combo set.

I've decided to move forward with adding an half inch extension in the the J15s. I'm gonna get that done with a few extra wraps and the UtX grips on. I've been hitting them pretty well, but I will much more comfortable over the ball when I get them to the proper length. The stock shaft has been a pleasant surprise for me. I'm getting plenty of height with a nice trajectory without ballooning.

Legit question: Have you ever really struggled with height? You've always seemed to have put a high launch on the ball on most of your shots. Did you do something to lower that or were you hitting it lower than you wanted to your eye?

Saw they have these in LH now on the testdrive site. I think I'm going to try them for kicks.

Legit question: Have you ever really struggled with height? You've always seemed to have put a high launch on the ball on most of your shots. Did you do something to lower that or were you hitting it lower than you wanted to your eye?

Height has never been the problem. Hitting it high has been with too much spin has been an issue for me. What I was trying to say was that the DG shaft has been good fit for me. I'm still it the ball high like I usually do, but the trajectory is a bit flatter, rather than a moon ball, which is nice to see.

I played 18 Saturday and got in 8 before getting rained out today. I feel more comfortable standing over the ball and feel like I'm swinging more naturally. Misses are not bad unless I put a very bad swing on it. These look absolutely great with blue UTx grips. I played in a fair bit of wind this week and they J15s continue to perform well for me in windy conditions--no excessive movement sideways and don't balloon for me either.

These are very likely going to make a return to the bag this week or next. I'm still pondering rotating out the DG Pros in favour of Tour V... Possibly stiff if not the X.... Undecided at this point.

It's interesting the added depth of the face when you're coming from a slightly more compact head but I definitely think there's merit to the design.

These are very likely going to make a return to the bag this week or next. I'm still pondering rotating out the DG Pros in favour of Tour V... Possibly stiff if not the X.... Undecided at this point.

It's interesting the added depth of the face when you're coming from a slightly more compact head but I definitely think there's merit to the design.
125...yep...i said it...again...lol

Good hunting

Last edited:
Bump for the Bridgestone Legacy staffers

Missing the course and range with travel. With over 12 rounds in with the TourV 125 combo...I will be ready to finally pencil in some thoughts after the next round. I just wanted to give the honeymmon and excitement time to wear off and not jump to something that might not be reality. Let's just say I smile just looking at them and they were put up against all the new stuff across the board...even those that came out soon after I picked these up......

Mine arrived late yesterday and I will be picking them up today. I'm very excited, to say the least.

You can hit my set at Sweetbriar, Dan. I have the KBS Tour S+ in mine.

these clubs look awesome. they are fun CBs to hit, I wish i had a consistent enough swing to hit these. At the event i spent a good portion of time with these as they were the ones along with the DFs that interested me the most.

not as forgiving as the DFs or the DPFs but then again they are CBs so imo that was expected. when hit on the sweet spot these feel/sound amazing. I think these are a good option for someone looking for a smaller iron that looks good all around but doesn't want to make the leap to a MB. There will be some penalty for missed shots but iirc it wasn't extremely drastic in dispersion and it was hard to say distance wise with the wind we had.

Do you have the S300's or the X100's in the DG pros? I tried them with the DG Pro X100's at Old Silo and they felt ridiculously good.

Do you have the S300's or the X100's in the DG pros? I tried them with the DG Pro X100's at Old Silo and they felt ridiculously good.

They have the X100 DG Pro shafts in them currently.

They have the X100 DG Pro shafts in them currently.

It saddens me to think you'd break that combo up haha. That might be my next iron purchase

It saddens me to think you'd break that combo up haha. That might be my next iron purchase

To each their own. I've never ever had issues elevating the ball, but I can absolutely understand why they'd select the DG pro shafts as stock options. That added height on the long irons will really help some people.

All the great comments about these irons has me curious to try them, so I ordered up some demo irons on their Test Drive Program. The clubs arrive tomorrow. Left Hand five and seven irons, with DG PRO and KBS Tour shafts in stiff flex. A little worried that I don't really have the game for these, but we'll see. It's tough to find LH clubs to demo so I really appreciate Bridgestone for offering the Test Drive.

Back