JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
One of these is on the way to test out and wanted to have a thread for feedback on the driver.

The XXIO8 series woods feature Dunlop Sports Co. Ltd.'s original Dual Speed Technology, which maximizes the efficiency of the golfer's swing. The driver features a newly developed shaft that reduces the club's moment of inertia (MOI), delivering higher head speed than the previous model. At the same time, the heavier club head produces more kinetic energy at impact, resulting in higher ball speed. In addition, XXIO's signature ability to hit a towering ball with an exhilarating impact sound has been taken to the next level. With these distance-enhancing technologies, XXIO8 offers even longer ball flights than XXIO7.

XXIO8-driver-sweetspotchart.png

xxio_8_driver_thumb_1.jpg

JB finally got his hands on this one! It will be interesting to see the shaft they send with it

JB finally got his hands on this one! It will be interesting to see the shaft they send with it

Wondering if JB will be the tester on this one?! He finally gets a chance with it?!

Heavier head and an exhilarating sound....sounds fun.

Exhilarating sound? Interesting.

What is the price tag on this badboy?

• Admin
I hit this with a darn near ladies flex in the head and it went dead straight on the simulator. I could not believe it.

• Admin
I hit this with a darn near ladies flex in the head and it went dead straight on the simulator. I could not believe it.

I remember you walking away from the launch monitor at Cleveland Golf and just shaking your head surprised.

I think I like the colors better on this than the Prime. Plus, I think it would be cool to have a XXIO club in the bag.

That price point is in the right spot based on the current market to me. Any pictures of a crown view?

I can honestly say I have never seen a club from XXIO anywhere over here, but they sound interesting

That price point is in the right spot based on the current market to me. Any pictures of a crown view?

When it arrives in a few days I will put up in hand pictures.

I have nothing bad to say about the driver. I would like to hit it as I have not hit this line before. Looks good from the pics but performance is everything.

Looks really good, and I'm intrigued to hit it, but I'm gonna be honest here and say that I don't really consider bonded drivers anymore. Not sure if that's unfair, but I love the adjustability and ability to easily change out shafts.

Looks really good, and I'm intrigued to hit it, but I'm gonna be honest here and say that I don't really consider bonded drivers anymore. Not sure if that's unfair, but I love the adjustability and ability to easily change out shafts.

Its an interesting dynamic. On one hand even the lightest adjustable driver is going to add 5 grams (the heaviest around 15 grams).
Listening to some speak about shafts and such, an additional 5 grams makes them not be able to play a shaft.

I dont say that as condescending, just the truth after reading it throughout that a 65 gram shaft works but a 60 gram shaft is way too light (just using random numbers as an example). For me, if I went through what you did at PX, I would be a set it and forget it guy, but everybody is wired differently.

I hit 15-20 balls with this in April. It's crazy how this driver can perform for slow SS and high SS. I want to hitnthismdriver again and may even consider putting it in the bag

I would consider this as an option for sure. I have even recently browsed ebay for one and they are more expensive on there. Its a good looking driver and if it can get me a little more distance as a slow swinger then Im in.

I remember you walking away from the launch monitor at Cleveland Golf and just shaking your head surprised.

Totally shocked and was not what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be so far right the simulator wouldn't pick it up. I played for my little cut and it went dead straight about 290 yards (per the sim) and felt oh so good.

If the shoe fits, wear it. Even if it's a pair of high heels.

Its an interesting dynamic. On one hand even the lightest adjustable driver is going to add 5 grams (the heaviest around 15 grams).
Listening to some speak about shafts and such, an additional 5 grams makes them not be able to play a shaft.

I dont say that as condescending, just the truth after reading it throughout that a 65 gram shaft works but a 60 gram shaft is way too light (just using random numbers as an example). For me, if I went through what you did at PX, I would be a set it and forget it guy, but everybody is wired differently.

For me, it definitely takes more than 5g to be unplayable. I've played everything from upper 50's to mid 70's and had no problem.

As to the adjustability, generally I don't tinker around willy nilly. But just recently for example. Got some numbers that told me I stood to gain some carry yardage and forgiveness if I took the driver up to 12.5* (I had it at 11.5*). So I tweaked it up a degree and saw some improvement. Or from time to time, I'll experiment with face angle settings depending on where I'm missing. I couldn't do that with a bonded head.

It was obvious how badly he wanted to hit it Friday. I hope he can do the review.

Totally shocked and was not what I was expecting. I thought it was going to be so far right the simulator wouldn't pick it up. I played for my little cut and it went dead straight about 290 yards (per the sim) and felt oh so good.
You did look a touch surprised. It's my understanding that the Asian market looks at flex ratings a bit differently.

"Reduce's the club's moment of inertia"... Hmm. That is a very different concept vs what others are trying to achieve. More likely to twist on heel and toe hits... Hmm. Very different.

I've heard XXIO's price points are somewhat high, if that holds true, I'm less interested in this offering.

Back