Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

I like the idea of the draw face and the neutral weighting the more I think about it. I envision being able to control my fade very well with that set up. Draw/ draw might be too much left for me.

Unless you buy the weight kit, there's only 6 possible settings, so you may as well try whatever sounds good to you. I actually followed the instructions :bulgy-eyes: and came away pretty happy! Callaway says you should first choose a face setting that appeals to your eye at address (standard for me). Then play around with the weights to get the trajectory you want (draw bias for me). THEN, tweak the face setting if you want to fine tune the ball flight. I went from standard to open because I was having trouble fading the ball at first, but then I started slicing sometimes so I switched it back to standard. I might switch between those two settings depending upon how I'm swinging that day, but I don't think I will mess with the weights again.

Unless you buy the weight kit, there's only 6 possible settings, so you may as well try whatever sounds good to you. I actually followed the instructions :bulgy-eyes: and came away pretty happy! Callaway says you should first choose a face setting that appeals to your eye at address (standard for me). Then play around with the weights to get the trajectory you want (draw bias for me). THEN, tweak the face setting if you want to fine tune the ball flight. I went from standard to open because I was having trouble fading the ball at first, but then I started slicing sometimes so I switched it back to standard. I might switch between those two settings depending upon how I'm swinging that day, but I don't think I will mess with the weights again.

Good thoughts man. Thanks. I'll try that out. I might be being too picky. But that is also the beauty of having an adjustable driver hahaha.

Pulled the trigger on some Razr Fit

Pulled the trigger on some Razr Fit

Attended a demo day Friday with TM, Ping, Nike and Callaway (No Titleist unfortunately) at the club. I've tried most of these in the bay at Golf Town, but I prefer being outside and hitting off the grass.
Tried all the drivers, fairway metals and some wedges from all of the above and did their various comparisons on the launch monitors. Going from an '09 burner, not surprisingly there were marked improvements in dispersal patterns, traj and distance with most of them. Always been a TM guy and assumed between R11s and RBZ I'd find the perfect fit. Best feeling was a R11s with a 60g Aldila mid/low tipped stiff shaft and neutral settings on a 10.5deg, although the monitor and tech proved the RBZ tour 10.5 with similar shaft was better slightly. Same with the 3 woods. VRPRO was slightly better than the VRS and the gains were significant going from avg of 286 with the burner to 303avg. with the Nike. Went to Callaway last as I've never been a Callaway guy in equipment or ball. The tech watched me hit a few drives of my own and handed me a razr fit. What a sweet swinging club. With stock stiff shaft and neutral set-up the thing was a frozen rope every time. Swing speed went from avg of 108 with the burner to over 117 avg. with the Razrfit. Distance went from 286 avg, up to 313 avg, with 2 over 320 and one at 340. I just kept hitting balls and despite being tired (had hit about 130 balls by that point) the thing just kept bombing out straight hits. They kept climbing without any ballooning. Range balls! I have not hit that far over the range too many times.
3 wood set up just as well with avg at 285. 265 in the air based on my own knowledge of the range.
Grabbed them today and am so looking forward to getting these some action.

I am thinking of purchasing a Razr Fit and went to a demo day at the club. I tried the Diamana Kai'il and Fubkui Tour and hit both really well. I was wondering if anybody out there has had any experience with either shaft. Also what is the difference between the Razr Fit and Tour version. I loved hitting them they were pretty good in both distance and accuracy.

I am thinking of purchasing a Razr Fit and went to a demo day at the club. I tried the Diamana Kai'il and Fubkui Tour and hit both really well. I was wondering if anybody out there has had any experience with either shaft. Also what is the difference between the Razr Fit and Tour version. I loved hitting them they were pretty good in both distance and accuracy.

I have hit both and really liked them. Feel wise they are both comparable. If I had my druthers I would say that I liked the Kai'li a little more but I would take the Fubuki as well. The main difference for me was ball flight. I was getting a much higher ball flight with the Fubuki Tour. The Fubuki was a high launch for me. The Kai'li was more of a mid. I'm actually looking to find a good deal on a Kai'li to stick in my Fit. As for the rest, I'm not quite sure what you mean by differences in Razr Fit and Tour version. Do you mean Tour Authentic Razr Fit?

Yes i was referring to the Tour Authentic Razr Fit. I have not seen the Tour Authentic Fit yet but heard there were more adjustable options. I like both shafts as well and can get a good deal on both shafts.

When I remember to swing easy and not try to kill it, I was keeping up with the 76 year old guy who, on a normal drive, hits it 240-270 consistently. I'm not remembering that often enough!

(I am still behind him when he hits 270!)

Played 18 holes this afternoon and was really stroking the Razr Fit driver all day long...hit 10 out of 13 fairways including 100% of the fairways on the back 9. I am hitting a nice mid height ball with a about a 10 yard fade. I have the face set to open and the weights in the draw bias position.

Thanks Chunkylover77. I am going to another demo day locally to test the two shafts again and hope to pull the trigger on this driver....

Thanks Chunkylover77. I am going to another demo day locally to test the two shafts again and hope to pull the trigger on this driver....

Good luck man. This is a really nice driver. So straight!

I'm really considering getting this club. I have an R11 with a Diamana Redboard and hit the ball way too high. I was getting about 15 more yards off the launch monitor with this club.

I'm really considering getting this club. I have an R11 with a Diamana Redboard and hit the ball way too high. I was getting about 15 more yards off the launch monitor with this club.

The amazing thing about this driver is it's the straighest driver I have ever hit! I am averaging about 80-85% of my fairways in the couple of weeks since I have been playing this driver....it's money!

The amazing thing about this driver is it's the straighest driver I have ever hit! I am averaging about 80-85% of my fairways in the couple of weeks since I have been playing this driver....it's money!

I'm in the 70% FIR. And my misses have been by a few feet instead of OB

Well just got back from trying my Razr Fit with the Mitisubishi Kusala Blue shaft and I'm more in love than ever. I'm getting less backspin with similar launch angles, and 15 yards more carry than the stock shaft. I was averaging 240 carry and roll out to around 250-255. I also had a Kusala Silver put in my Big Bertha Diablo 3W and was striping that out to 210 and rolled to 220. I may finally be able to reach a par 5 in two for the first time with this combo.

I'm in the 70% FIR. And my misses have been by a few feet instead of OB

Well done Capt. My FIR's are about 50-60% at the moment but my distance is gone threw the roof. Had 8 drives today over 310 yards and one of those was a 340 yarder on a par 5 leaving a 7I into the green. This driver is insane once it's dialled in.

Well done Capt. My FIR's are about 50-60% at the moment but my distance is gone threw the roof. Had 8 drives today over 310 yards and one of those was a 340 yarder on a par 5 leaving a 7I into the green. This driver is insane once it's dialled in.

Holy cow!! I for one have not seen an increase in distance but my dispersion has been phenomenal

I have seen some increase in distance but mainly because I am hitting the ball straighter now. I really need to find a place tomorrow to play. Got the itch, lol.

So, I was having a driver showdown between a RAZR Fit I picked up pre-owned, and my Cleveland Classic. The contest is not supposed to be over yet, but essentially there is no winner. I can no longer hit the Classic in the fairway, so its out. I used to love that driver, but I slowly lost the ability to hit it where I was aiming, and now I have no idea where the ball will end up.

But, the RAZR fit I was using didn't win either. It was a 10.5* with stock stiff shaft, that the Callaway rep helped me pick at a demo day using a Trackman data. I just wasn't hitting it long enough. For the money, I would rather just stick with my Titleist 910, which I hit just as far and just as straight.

So, I took back the Fit, but there on the pre-owned rack was another Fit, but this one was 9.5* and regular flex. One thing that was bugging me about my demo day: The regular flex driver I was trying was set up with draw bias, and after I hooked it badly a couple of times we just decided I needed stiff flex (my driver swing speed of 95mph is right on the edge of needing either stiff or regular). So, I was wondering, what would happen if I left the weights in the neutral setting? A few swings on the simulator, and I walked out of the store with the 9.5* stock regular flex shaft. Took it to the range, and I was VERY pleased with the early results. Didn't change any settings; Standard face, neutral weight setting. Bombed it straight and long without really trying. I was hitting crappy range balls, and I don't know the distances all that well, but I had several roll into the fence at the back which I laser measured at 275. Can't wait for the weekend.

Great stuff Rusty. Impressive that the Fit beat out the 910 as I played that last year and absolutely loved it.

Went to the range today to work on the things I learned from my lesson earlier this week. By the end of my range session the heavy weight is back in the toe and I'm hitting everything nice and straight. Too much draw for me with the 12g in the heel.

Good stuff Bradd. Not sure how we can lose with this equipment!

Great stuff Rusty. Impressive that the Fit beat out the 910 as I played that last year and absolutely loved it.

I liked the 910, played it for a year, but it was never super long for me. I found a lot of fairways though. Averaged about 240 off the tee, with some Drives getting into the 260 range. It has a Project X 5.5 shaft, so maybe a different shaft would have given me better results. But another thing I don't like about the 910 is that I can't stop tinkering with the settings. Its like a disease.

Holy cow!! I for one have not seen an increase in distance but my dispersion has been phenomenal

I got a 5-10 yard increase in distance....but like you said the dispersion is incredible

Back