A Special Person Is Moving On

I'll have what she's having!

That's fantastic news JB. Happy Birthday Grandma!

I'll have what she's having!

That's fantastic news JB. Happy Birthday Grandma!

Fried food and ice cream her whole life. She is 4'11 and thin her whole life too.

This just might be my favortie thread of all time on THP, thanks for sharing this JB.

wow, what a story and what a gal! Go Grandma! :D

Thanks for sharing this with us JB.

That's just incredible. Happy Birthday Grandma! Appreciate you sharing this with us JB.

103, That is awesome. My grampa passed away 39 years ago at the age of 76. I thought at that time about all the things he had witnessed in life. Now through your generosity JB, I look again at the wonders of having lived so incredibly long. The wisdom that this wonderful lady holds in her head is absolutely priceless. I am happy for you JB, that you have such an amazing relationship with her and that you are willing to share even the smallest aspect of that relationship with all of us. Thank you and tell her I wish her the happiest of days.

I am sorry to hear about your Grandma JB. She sounds like a wonderful woman and she has had a great life. 103 is awesome!

Last edited:
That's absolutely wonderful that she made her birthday celebration. Feisty is a word that definitely describes her.

My Dad's birthday is in a few weeks - he'll be 92. He said last week that now that he's hitting 92, he better start working on 97. So tell your Grandmother that my "young" Dad says she'd better start working on 108.

Thank you all for the kind words...Defying her doctors once again, she hit that 103 year old mark.

That's awesome JB! Doctors to me are a lot like weather men, they get paid for their guesses. I hope she has many more!

That was special JB thank you for sharing. You made me think abouthow much joy my grandmother brough to my life and it seems your's has done the same. It's never easy to lose a loved one especially one you care so greatly for. My family and I will rejoice in her life as you have requested but know that I said a little prayer for you and yours anyway. Be well and thanks for letting us in on a piece of your life.

That is awesome JB. It's amazing how some people will go on regardless of what Dr.'s or anyone else tells them. Also it is amazing how they always ate whatever they wanted and how different things are today with don't eat that, this, etc that they ate all of the time.

My great uncle lived to be 104 and still ate 4 strips bacon & 3 eggs for breakfast 5 times a week pretty much up until the day he passed. The other 2 days? He would have cream chipped beef over toast. He was a great person and boy did he have some interesting stories!

That's great!!! Happy Birthday Grandma!!

Thats great to hear! go grandma go!

Happy Birthday to your grandma JB.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Thank you all for the kind words...Defying her doctors once again, she hit that 103 year old mark.

Way to go G'ma !!

I love it when people celebrate the life of a friend or loved one rather than morn the death.
I have made it very clear that even though I am not irish, I do not want a funeral when I go, I want the biggest party my family and friends can afford.
Thanks for sharing JB, G'ma sounds like one heck of a gal.

Awesome news. Many blessing to her. Happy Birthday to her

As we approach the new year, this very special person passed away last night. She was a fighter to make it this long and lived an incredible life. She was 103 years old and in the last few weeks we knew it was time. I did not get a chance to say that special goodbye, but know in my heart that that was the right decision. My last memories of her will be her getting a chance to meet my wonderful wife and the most special person in my life. As I noted earlier, one of her last things she said to me was "You are wise beyond your years and made a wonderful selection of a bride. She is both beautiful and joyous." I will never forget that sentence coming from her after she met the love of my life and the person that completed me.

She will be missed, but not forgotten and every time I think of this incredible person and the life she lived I will smile and say thank you for blessing me with a wonderful father and a set of values that will be taught to those around me. Nana, I love you!

Sorry to hear it, JB. We'll be thinking of you all. Sounds like she lived a very full and wonderful life :)

thoughts and prayers man... we all can do well to take a few more mins every other week of the year being thankful for the people in our lives.

Wow, 103? That's amazing. Sympathy's for your loss, but glad she was able to be such a blessing to you and your family for so long. She sounds like an amazing woman.

Wow...that is one incredible post, JB. What a wonderful way to celebrate her.

Sorry to hear about this JB. Sounds like she lived an incredible life. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

I like that you look towards the good(the bright side of things) it's just sad that it's near the holidays. It's sad but nice that you find the good in the bad

Back