@Jman With them doing the different lofts are they also changing the bounce to match?

It's kind of weird math because the Blueprints (which I don't understand the pricing of) were a fair bit higher at the time - and I guess these sort of replace both of them.

I really hope 2022 isn't the year of the price jack. PXG is about to be a bargain brand :ROFLMAO:
The biggest issue with the prices going up that much is you will never see them come back down. Still wanna hit it, just won't be buying this iron. Do have my eye on others though.

Reactions: KEV
Great writeup @Jman as But them bringing the MOI inline with the i210s is pretty impressive. Will be interesting to see if any of that trickles down to the next set in that lineup, which is more in my wheelhouse.

I've been thinking about that too. Curious to see what they do there.

And in the i500 especially. Good performers known for being a bit harsh in the hollow body realm. I'm not sure if we're technically calling the i59 hollow.. ? I mean they kind of are, so ? Forged face over filled cavity. Anyway, this feel in something like the i500 could totally flip that script.

I've been thinking about that too. Curious to see what they do there.

And in the i500 especially. Good performers known for being a bit harsh in the hollow body realm. I'm not sure if we're technically calling the i59 hollow.. ? I mean they kind of are, so ? Forged face over filled cavity. Anyway, this feel in something like the i500 could totally flip that script.
It's weird how light metal is viewed differently from 'foam' or 'goo' haha

It's kind of weird math because the Blueprints (which I don't understand the pricing of) were a fair bit higher at the time - and I guess these sort of replace both of them.

I really hope 2022 isn't the year of the price jack. PXG is about to be a bargain brand :ROFLMAO:
PXG knew this was coming all along!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's weird how light metal is viewed differently from 'foam' or 'goo' haha
Yeah, I don't get it. And the pictures don't help if they don't want people calling them hollow. Forged body, empty cavity filled with tungsten weighting and brand specific magic insert material, steel face. :confused2:

edit: dyslexic

Last edited:
I haven't looked as the stock shafts are pretty rock solid. Are the uncharge prices high?

a few examples from what i saw:
mmt 105 $45.50 per shaft
modus 120 $18 per shaft
project x $27 per shaft
elevate tour $27 per shaft

those seem to be higher (some a good bit higher) than other oems i quickly looked up

a few examples from what i saw:
mmt 105 $45.50 per shaft
modus 120 $18 per shaft
project x $27 per shaft
elevate tour $27 per shaft

those seem to be higher (some a good bit higher) than other oems i quickly looked up

Okay thanks. Yeah those are a bit higher. Perhaps to drive more into their standard offerings made for Ping. I honestly don't know.

@Jman With them doing the different lofts are they also changing the bounce to match?
Meaning are there three different molds? No. Just one set abs lofts bent accordingly, which will alter bounce.

Okay thanks. Yeah those are a bit higher. Perhaps to drive more into their standard offerings made for Ping. I honestly don't know.

ping traditionally offers very little in the way of stock or no upcharge shaft offerings. I think it has to do with them having their own shaft lines. So the try to push more people into those. Just a guess but is how it seems to play out.

that seems to make it a little tougher to get fit when you end up paying substantially more. not a knock against their stock offerings, but i would think customer loyalty would be better served by the right fitted iron than a quick boost to profit margin by deterring the right option and encouraging the higher margin stock option.

Solid write up @Jman . Man this is kind of the head scratcher really. Looks wise, undeniably amazing. Feel wise that’s gonna be TBD. but I don’t put it past PING as for years they’ve knocked out that misnomer of the cast vs forged debate. They’ve produced some of the best feeling cast clubs I can remember. So will the new technology live up to their ability to have a great feeling irons? What about the sound? Also TBD.

The price point is a little tough I think. Maybe not far off from the previous releases but to be honest if I’m in the market for clubs at that price point I probably may be leaning to pick up a second hand set of miura irons for relatively the same price. And probably some premium shafts in them, Unless You are PING Loyalist

Being forged I imagine that these will not be bullet proof like the iblade’s? I know lots of guys don’t mind their irons getting chattered up but that was one of the things I loved about the iblade’s. I don’t think I know anyone who has played the blueprints so not sure how those held up

Holy batman, batman. $250/stick? Why does everything I like have to be so expensive?!

These are gorgeous. I'd like to hear them to see if they have the same crack as the i500s did.

I am of the belief that fall is quite often a time of higher priced releases as well.
Over the years, See Titleist CNCPT, Callaway Star line, XXIO and Honma Beres.

So this falls into that. I didn't expect to see Ping raise prices across the board, but obviously materials and shipping are not set costs and can fluctuate.

I am of the belief that fall is quite often a time of higher priced releases as well.
Over the years, See Titleist CNCPT, Callaway Star line, XXIO and Honma Beres.

So this falls into that. I didn't expect to see Ping raise prices across the board, but obviously materials and shipping are not set costs and can fluctuate.

Now that is a line of clubs I now remember reading about, and then promptly forgetting.

These look sharp. Still pretty happy (most days) with my i500s but when the time comes to upgrade, these could definitely get a look

Now that is a line of clubs I now remember reading about, and then promptly forgetting.

I have a friend that plays the CNCPTs and hits the crap out of them but I haven't hit them. The Callaway Epic Forged is also another high end offering.

Apparently Viktor Hovland played the i59's in Northern Trust. I really like the looks, as someone who isn't always a fan of Ping aesthetics.

I don’t understand the standard graphite shaft choice at all (Recoil 760/780). Especially at that price.

Gorgeous!

Nice write up @Jman. I'm a long time Ping fan (the Eye2s are still my all-time favorite irons), but they've completely lost me over the last couple years. These are nice looking irons and I like Ping's finish, it holds up to wear a lot better than the shiny chrome finishes, but that price tag is probably going to drive a lot of potential buyers away. Blades are way out of my wheelhouse anyway, but even if I was a blade player these wouldn't tempt me in the least at that price point. There are a lot of great options on the market from other OEMs that don't put that deep of a dent in the wallet.

The aluminum insert is a curious design choice, although you explained their reasoning well. It will be interesting to hear people's thoughts on the feel once they get these irons in some hands.

The retro spec made me laugh. Great writeup @Jman

The privies increase is noticeable - do you think this is an industry trend due to availability, demand, and logistics constraints? Or an intentional markup due to the tech?

Back