Which Company do you Have the Most Respect for?

Ping attracts its share of haters, but they have been absolutely great to work with. When I went through getting a driver this year they were responsive to all my questions and the options they offer is incredible. They don't pile on the upcharges when you want something done either. Wish their irons fit me a bit better. Unfortunately, the irons I like best this year is the Redlines and Adams is in another universe when it comes to fitting compared to Ping. Let's face it, Adam's fitting options are crap.

I would also imagine if they say "X" is the best ball for you, they would say "Y" is the best bridgestone ball for you. Thatd just be smart business sense.
This is what we have seen all the time both live at clubs and at the PGA Show where they fit thousands over a few days.

Having played for a long time and because I work at a course part time, I will say Callaway was always king because they have great customer service and make good clubs, and although times have changed a little, I'm sure this is still true. Ping would be next because my course has been a dealer forever and I play their stuff currently, so it is easy to say they are very good as well. Good products and great customer service. We also sell Cleveland and they are good with service and make a good product.

Those are the three I know the most about but at the same time I read things written about others, and it seems most do a good job with customer service and make good products, so I really don't have many first hand reasons to say too much negative about any brand in particular.

I should also include Bridgestone as I went through a online fitting as well as a live one and could not be happier with the results I'm seeing right now.

My gut response is Cleveland Golf. They've introduced and made high end equipment/materials available and even affordable to the general population. What was once limited to the pros is now available for the joes. As such, other companies have followed suit by offering high end equipment at an affordable price point which helps everyone in the end by providing choice.

Im curious if you have dealt with any other company's customer service to make that claim?

I honestly haven't had a ton of experience dealing with many customer services, but I have dealt with Nike and Scotty Cameron. I had a Nike golf bag that broke within 2 weeks and they took about 4 months to replace it. And Scotty Cameron is just soooo slow. SC does amazing work don't get me wrong, but the quality and speed of Taylormade to me is the best.

My pick goes with Bridgestone. They have done more to help the average Joe than any other company I know of.

They've helped the average joe more than any company? How? By only making Player's irons?

I respect SeeMore more than any company I've dealt with. It isn't too often that your inquiries lead directly to the co-owner of the company who is glad to take your phone calls. I went from a website inquire to having a custom built putter in my hands in a week. That is some fantastic work.

Bridgestone hands down! A tour type ball for slow swing speeds that's huge for amatuers and seniors alike.

When comparing customer service, I feel that the customer service of most golf companies is heads and shoulders above what you normally find in most any other industry.

I believe ping has changed that philosophy on the us clubmaking. I think they assemble them here, and adjust them here, but no longer manufacture them here (i think)

Not in all cases. Some stuff is still cast in the US.

Not in all cases. Some stuff is still cast in the US.

Do you happen to know which sets?
Im looking through a list here and not seeing that. Im sure the list must be incorrect, but trying to figure out which ones.

Wilson Staff because of (1) their history in the game; (2) the legends of golf that were on staff; and (3) innovation in clubs in the earlier days.

Mine is TaylorMade hands down. Having met many of their employees and seen their approach to golf from many different angles, I think this is a company that has got it right!

+1 DT, the guys and ladies I was lucky enough to meet are all stand up folks and to a person are committed to TM and don't mind sharing their experiences and knowledge. Great company IMO.

JB, I asked our sales rep and one of the media guys this question a while back, and I was told that they still cast some irons, like G5's, G10's, G15's if needed (say a tour player requests them with conforming grooves or to replace one) as well as all of the manganese bronze putters (all of which can still be bought new today) here in the US.
They went on to say that even these clubs will no longer be cast there (at some point) because of environmental issues & regulations which result in increased cost. I'm lead to believe that they wish they could continue, but the reality is, they will have to stop. They continue by saying that as long as a member of the Solheim family is running the company, assembly will remain in the USA.

Disclaimer: I have not had personal dealings with many companies at all.....only 2 to be exact.

With that said, I would have to say SeeMore. Granted, they are a smaller company that perhaps has the ability to handle more personal interactions than some of the larger OEM's. Their willingness to participate on these forums and also to encourage golfers to reach out to them (even outside of the forum testers and those who do not even own a SeeMore) is absolutely tremendous. I have seen them win customers firsthand by being active members on the forum.

They've helped the average joe more than any company? How? By only making Player's irons?

I gave my reasons in an earlier post.

In my experience Callaway's customer service is outstanding. For example, I had a set of Callaway irons stolen. I called Callaway that day explained I had a tournament the day after next and I had a custom set of irons built and shipped that day and received them the NEXT DAY. They didn't charge for shipping.

It's SeeMore for me. The whole goal of the company is to help golfers putt better. Not just sell product, but to make them better with their product and teach each customer as if they are a tour pro. It is pretty remarkable.

On another note, I think Taylor Made is really overrated when it comes to this. Having dealt with them extensively and my area TM rep, they seem to be more concerned with moving product and marketing than actually helping golfers. Custom orders are constantly late, and the rep seems to be overwhelmed with the sheer volume of product moved. I think they are so big and move so much product, that to give the level of support that a smaller company like SeeMore does would be nearly impossible. I think in some ways the customer is a victim to TM's massive success. I am not saying they are terrible, but when compared to some of the smaller companies they are really lacking. Because of this, our club is binging in Srixon and Cleveland products. They have bent over backwards for our business. TM, not so much. We just don't move enough. We move a respectable amount, but certainly aren't a big store, so with TM, we seem to be less important. Up until now, we have been strictly TM. But they have almost forced us to bring in someone else that is a bit more reliable. Who looks bad when a custom club order is a week late? We do, and it sucks!

T.P. Mills and Kentwool Tour.

Wilson Staff because of (1) their history in the game; (2) the legends of golf that were on staff; and (3) innovation in clubs in the earlier days.

YUP +1

I don't know if I have "respect" for any of the clubmakers but if I had to pick one it would be.......TaylorMade!

The first thing that popped into my head is SeeMore, after hearing all the great things about them on THP.

+1 for SeeMore. My live fitting there was such a great experience. They were excited that I was there and extremely welcoming. Can't think of another company that I've had any dealings with that can match my visit to SeeMore. What's may be even more impressive is that I can email or call them and get an answer to any issues I may be having with my putting. Who else does that?

I would agree on SeeMore. I once owned a SM putter and had questions about it and they were very quick to reply. I also purchased a hat (I know that isn't much) from them and was expecting a regular new hat and received a stone washed new hat. Called them and said keep the first one and they sent me a new one with a towel in a matter of days for free. Just wish the center shafted putter worked out, but they still make a great product.

JB, I asked our sales rep and one of the media guys this question a while back, and I was told that they still cast some irons, like G5's, G10's, G15's if needed (say a tour player requests them with conforming grooves or to replace one) as well as all of the manganese bronze putters (all of which can still be bought new today) here in the US.
They went on to say that even these clubs will no longer be cast there (at some point) because of environmental issues & regulations which result in increased cost. I'm lead to believe that they wish they could continue, but the reality is, they will have to stop. They continue by saying that as long as a member of the Solheim family is running the company, assembly will remain in the USA.

Yes, based on our list, they do not cast a single iron here anymore. But now I am confused...Are they still casting G5 and G10 irons in the US (or anywhere for that matter)?
I think every company would like to be able to still do it, but costs are just too high.

Back