Golf Pride VDR grips

Just a quick update. They are still going strong with no noticeable wear and they're still white with no wipe downs. I'm using my wedges as an example as these tend to be the most used clubs I have that have the VDR's and they also take the most abuse (chucked around the green, used in sand). We're starting to head into the rainy season so I can give you more input on wet conditions in a month or so but judging from how these hold up with my sweat I say they'll be fine. In comparison as well, my white Winn Lites that I installed at the same time on my woods/hybrids (I like to have a lighter, softer grip on my woods/hybrids) are starting to see dirt spots.

I love these grips and I'll be putting them on all of my irons/wedges going forward.

Just a quick update. They are still going strong with no noticeable wear and they're still white with no wipe downs. I'm using my wedges as an example as these tend to be the most used clubs I have that have the VDR's and they also take the most abuse (chucked around the green, used in sand). We're starting to head into the rainy season so I can give you more input on wet conditions in a month or so but judging from how these hold up with my sweat I say they'll be fine. In comparison as well, my white Winn Lites that I installed at the same time on my woods/hybrids (I like to have a lighter, softer grip on my woods/hybrids) are starting to see dirt spots.

I love these grips and I'll be putting them on all of my irons/wedges going forward.

So they arent showing dirt at all? I put a white Iomic on my driver before i sold it and after 18holes it looked nasty, showed so much dirt.

I have a couple of the white ones on my clubs. They will show a little dirt, but they wipe down real easy. I really like them. I am thinking about putting them on all my irons.

yeah I got the red ones for my burners, just havent had them done yet

So they arent showing dirt at all? I put a white Iomic on my driver before i sold it and after 18holes it looked nasty, showed so much dirt.

If so it isn't much that I need a wipe down. I think there are 2 factors: 1) It isn't a bright white like the Iomics or the Winn Lites I was using on my woods/hybrid it's more of an eggshell white with black highlights. 2) The texture on it is different than any of other white grips out there. It's not as smooth as the Lamkins I have on my R7's (I believe it was the performance plus 3Gen's) so it doesn't attract dirt as easy.

The only thing I show is there is some bag rub (which I think is an issue with all white grips in certain bags).

Just switched from a white Iomic to the white VDR on my R11. The Iomics don't come clean once they are dirty. I wiped and wiped and my white Iomic still looked horrible. Plus they sure are slick in the rain.

Ordered these on my new Z Star irons. I usually get some noticeable pain from tennis elbow after a round, but have not noticed ANY after playing a couple rounds with these so far. I had used the decades for a while and was concerned about slipping with these, but no probelms at all so far. Probably wouldn;t have even tried them without feedback here, so thanks.

These things are pretty sweet. I love white grips.

Loving mine still on my wedges and irons. Winners for me for sure.

Loving mine still on my wedges and irons. Winners for me for sure.

Same here, although the R9's are a thing of the past now (I just have them on my wedges and the 7i now). :D

Whatever irons I do go forward with will have these on them. Also since the outing is coming up I will have wear pictures of these in comparison to the Winn Lites I installed at the same time as well as some of the Lamkins I have on the R7's.

I've beed playing the VDR's for a while now. They come stock on the MPT 11 wedges, although they're monotone in color. White ones will be going on my next set of irons.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

just finished putting white ones on my mashie and 3 wood, have blue for my irons, and red for my wedges once they get here!

AWESOME grips IMHO.

just finished putting white ones on my mashie and 3 wood, have blue for my irons, and red for my wedges once they get here!

Nice Matty! Let us know how they work for you.

I wish the colored ones came in Midsize so looks like I will have to get the black ones

I wish the colored ones came in Midsize so looks like I will have to get the black ones

Yeah, I just found out today that the colored ones aren't available in midsize. I guess one just has to throw some extra wraps of tape on there.

I just got a new PX shaft for my driver and I am getting the Blue grip installed. I really like the feel and look of these and can't wait to try them out especially after hearing all the positive feedback here.

Alright Spanks, after playing golf for the first time in Florida I realized that NDMC`s do not work that well once the humidity gets them, so I bought 4 Golf Pride VDR`s in midsize and put them on my 56 and 60 wedges, Driver and 3 wood. These grips are the real deal, they feel great, very tacky, and I already know that they hold up to the florida humidity by playing there and because Spanks plays them and lives there. I`m buying them right now with tax included for $5.50 and at that price they are a crazy steal. I`d pay double for them and they would still be cheaper than the NDMC`s that I`m playing now.

Alright Spanks, after playing golf for the first time in Florida I realized that NDMC`s do not work that well once the humidity gets them, so I bought 4 Golf Pride VDR`s in midsize and put them on my 56 and 60 wedges, Driver and 3 wood. These grips are the real deal, they feel great, very tacky, and I already know that they hold up to the florida humidity by playing there and because Spanks plays them and lives there. I`m buying them right now with tax included for $5.50 and at that price they are a crazy steal. I`d pay double for them and they would still be cheaper than the NDMC`s that I`m playing now.

Good to hear that MM is giving the seal of approval. I think that's what so attractive about them is that their pricepoint is relatively low compared to some of the other grips out there. What color did you end up getting?

Good to hear that MM is giving the seal of approval. I think that's what so attractive about them is that their pricepoint is relatively low compared to some of the other grips out there. What color did you end up getting?

Because I got the midsize they are black with white stripes and then a blue cap.

Hey guys, haven't had the chance to swing a club with these grips...but just looking at them in the store I don't really see the difference in these and a regular tour velvet grip. Can you feel the difference when you swing?

I put white ones on my woods and wedges at the beginning of the year. Absolutely love them. I wanted to get them on my irons, but they weren't available without the upcharge.

I put a blue one on my driver and other 3 wood over the weekend. These have got to be the best grips i've ever used. I'll probably redo my whole iron set with them next season.

I put white ones on my woods and wedges at the beginning of the year. Absolutely love them. I wanted to get them on my irons, but they weren't available without the upcharge.

I put a blue one on my driver and other 3 wood over the weekend. These have got to be the best grips i've ever used. I'll probably redo my whole iron set with them next season.

How did the white color hold up? Did they start getting brown or do you clean them?

Hey guys, haven't had the chance to swing a club with these grips...but just looking at them in the store I don't really see the difference in these and a regular tour velvet grip. Can you feel the difference when you swing?

I feel they have more tackiness compared to the tour velvet. I was using the ndmc because the tour velvet can get slick fairly quickly and the ndmc provided a little better grip. I think the VDR is a great alternative with better feel than the tour velvet and I am hoping it will stay that way longer than the ndmc.

I use the NDMCs because I think they work great in humid places. I would think that the VDRs wouldn't hold up well in humid places being non-cord.

Back