Golf Pride VDR grips

Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19
Received these two days ago and installed them on my irons. I got the white ones. I will be taking these out on Saturday AM for 18 and I will post my thoughts on them as well as pics post round. Here's a snippet from GP's website:

From the #1 Grip on Tour, Golf Pride presents the VDR. The VDR revolutionizes grip feel and performance with new triple-texture technology. Featuring three depths of surface grip texture, the VDR is specifically designed for heightened traction and excellent all-weather performance. The precision-cut, variable depth texture, combined with a shock-reducing rubber compound provides wrist protection from off-center strikes.

These are available in Black, White, Red, & Blue

Looking forward to your thoughts on these Spanks! They look awesome!

The white ones look really nice. Getting close to regripping time on some of the sticks, so looking forward to your thoughts. Currently have GP new decades blk/wht.

First I've heard these, looking forward to your review.

Sent from my operating system using thumbs 2.0

I love these things! Put white on my wedges and red on the 2.0's and finally got out with them today. Wonderful feel for me, I'll go into it more tomorrow with pics promised!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to your input. I'm in the market for a white driver shaft.

Oh and just a little background... I'll be going from the Lamkin performance plus 3Gen to these. I liked the Lamkins but found them somewhat slick in the rain. Just from initial feel post regripping, these feel like they're more textured and padded (looks like it as well). I just noticed the blurb about the vibration dampening capabilities of this and even if it wasn't a main draw for me to purchase these, it'll be nice to have considering the price point on these are on the low to middle range of grip prices (I noticed that some of the other grips that advertised such a feature are more expensive).

Ok here's a pic...

d8e14282.jpg

They are certainly nice to look and so far I am impressed with these from a performance standpoint. They are soft yet textured enough to grip lightly and not have slippage. I did notice that on off center shots that the feedback isn't as harsh as my prior grips which is a plus. So far so good.

Thanks for the pic! They look a lot like the M-21 grips from Mizuno irons.

Looking good Spanks!

Last edited:
I like the look of those a lot Spanks, I'm always leary of white grips though cause I think they will show dirt so fast.

I like the look of those a lot Spanks, I'm always leary of white grips though cause I think they will show dirt so fast.

Honestly the dirt is not an issue with these and some of the other white grips I've tried. They're a good wipe down with a clean towel away from being white as new. What I do see is bag rub (especially on the Lamkins I had before) where it leaves a black streak on the grip. These don't seem to effect it much but this is only after one round. Another thing I'm monitoring is after some moisture and long term use they turn from white to off white (much more noticeable in pics than in person). If you notice on the pic, I have the Winn Lite white grip on my driver and it is noticeably a whiter white as compared to the eggshell white of the VDR. I believe it's because the VDR is more of a rubbery compound where as the Winn Lite is more cord like.

They look really good, if i didnt just regrip with NDMC Midsize over winter i would try these out.

Honestly the dirt is not an issue with these and some of the other white grips I've tried. They're a good wipe down with a clean towel away from being white as new. What I do see is bag rub (especially on the Lamkins I had before) where it leaves a black streak on the grip. These don't seem to effect it much but this is only after one round. Another thing I'm monitoring is after some moisture and long term use they turn from white to off white (much more noticeable in pics than in person). If you notice on the pic, I have the Winn Lite white grip on my driver and it is noticeably a whiter white as compared to the eggshell white of the VDR. I believe it's because the VDR is more of a rubbery compound where as the Winn Lite is more cord like.

Thats good. I'd love to hear more updates as you go along as to bag rub, dirt, and just genera wear. I really love the look of these and if they work and last as good as they look I would happily but these on my clubs.

I like the looks of these a lot. Saw a guy walking out of GG with some clubs done in these and they looked great. But I wouldn't get white.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

I like the looks of these a lot. Saw a guy walking out of GG with some clubs done in these and they looked great. But I wouldn't get white.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

Kevin, I'll snap some pics of my 2.0's with the red when I get home, headed that way from the course now. They look sweeeeeet and play even better for me. I like the white on my wedges but they need a little cleaning lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been thinking about regripping some of my clubs. I am going to have to check these out.

I currently use the GP Tour Velvet. How do the new VDR compare? Thanks....

Great initial thoughts Spanks!! Interesting to see how these hold up after a few more rounds. The white looks awesome, but it does fade and get dirty quickly. Good to hear that they clean easily.

I currently use the GP Tour Velvet. How do the new VDR compare? Thanks....

Grippier with more texture, feels more padded, way more sexier. Ask me about durability in a couple of months and I'll have an answer for you.

Thanks for the pic! They look a lot like the M-21 grips from Mizuno irons.

I have been using the Mizuno M-21 grips forever, and its getting hard to find them. The texture of these is about identical, except they are .60 core instead of .58 core.

Installed a set on my back up irons and played a round with them. The grip feels the same traction wise, but its just a little firmer since the rubber isn't as thick, if that makes sense.

Grippier with more texture, feels more padded, way more sexier. Ask me about durability in a couple of months and I'll have an answer for you.

Sounds like a heavier version of the Winn lite?

Can anyone compare these to the Tour Velvet grips? Those are my old standby grips, but these look intriguing from the website.

Can anyone compare these to the Tour Velvet grips? Those are my old standby grips, but these look intriguing from the website.

I think I answered that in #20, no?

Back