Official Hole In One Thread

WOW! An Albatross. Congrats Canuck!!!
Dont want to step out of bounds on the topic, but thought this thread was along the same thought line and didnt want to start a whole new thread. Shot my very first double eagle on the 10th hole on the Great White course at Doral, 497 yard par 5. Drive went 260 down the right side. Hole sits as a dogleg left. first 250 slight uphill, second half gradual downhill with a narrow right bending green wraping around water on the right. Second shot with a 3 metal hit to the apron of the green and got a generous roll, about 15 yards, into the cup. Did a little research ans saw that the odds of an ace are 12,700 to one and the odds of a double eagle are 1 million to one. I understand this being more difficult, 2 good shots vs one and both shots much longer...but a million to one seems a bit much.

Dont want to step out of bounds on the topic, but thought this thread was along the same thought line and didnt want to start a whole new thread. Shot my very first double eagle on the 10th hole on the Great White course at Doral, 497 yard par 5. Drive went 260 down the right side. Hole sits as a dogleg left. first 250 slight uphill, second half gradual downhill with a narrow right bending green wraping around water on the right. Second shot with a 3 metal hit to the apron of the green and got a generous roll, about 15 yards, into the cup. Did a little research ans saw that the odds of an ace are 12,700 to one and the odds of a double eagle are 1 million to one. I understand this being more difficult, 2 good shots vs one and both shots much longer...but a million to one seems a bit much.

wow that is awesome! Congrats guy!

Nice work with the 3 metal!!!!!!!!!!

Nice albatross! They are much rarer and three under par on one hole has to FEEL amazing!

Congrats Canuck!

Congrats dude. I was an inch away from one of those

That's awesome Canuck. Congrats

Congrats canuck that is awesome!!

Congrats, that's awesome!

Well I had my second hole in one yesterday. We were playing Shadow Hills Golf Club in Canon City, Colorado getting ready for a tournament today and playing from the blues the 16th Par 3 is 172 yards pin was up front. A nice smooth 6 iron that hit the fringe a small bounce and rolled down the slope to the left. One of my buddies was yelling get in the hole and sure enough it did.

:worship: GREAT JOB RW!

Congrats Canuck and RW!

RW,

We should hang out, so your golf awesomeness can rub off on me. Congrats on #2!

RW,

We should hang out, so your golf awesomeness can rub off on me. Congrats on #2!

If only that were true I played absolutely terrible today. I wonder if that was the golf gods pay back for the ace...LOL But I would be happy to play around of golf with you anytime, if you dare to take your chances.

I see quite a few almost but if you notice, thats not what was asked.

07/2009

Horsecreek Golf Course
Dora, Alabama

(1) Hole-n-one

164 yards
8 iron

Ball: Bridgestone B330

It was almost like my heart skipped a beat, and i got to enjoy it with three friends watching in awe.

-Bennett

Congrats Canuck, I think the 1,000,000 to one are on the low side if anything. You are the 1st person I know who has made an elusive albatross. Awesome!

Congrats man. That is my favorite golf course, and making anything under par on those par 3's is a feat, much less an ace.

I see quite a few almost but if you notice, thats not what was asked.

07/2009

Horsecreek Golf Course
Dora, Alabama

(1) Hole-n-one

164 yards
8 iron

Ball: Bridgestone B330

It was almost like my heart skipped a beat, and i got to enjoy it with three friends watching in awe.

-Bennett

Great job Canuck and RW! Sweet feeling for sure :blob:

Two of my friends have had one. On the same hole! Within the last month! I feel so left out.

Two of my friends have had one. On the same hole! Within the last month! I feel so left out.

thats crazy, wonder what the odds of that are?/

I'm lucky to just get it on the green lol

I now tap while I talk

Today while the girlfriend was preparing the last stuff for a party we're throwing today I went out and played 9 holes. Was a solid round but also managed to score a HIO for the first time in my life. Par 3, 174 yards. Teed up and used my 6iron with a slight breeze in the back. Bam! Straight as an arrow but thought the ball would end up short. See it land on the green infront of the flag but then it disappears.. And i stand there and think "This couldn't be happening!" and sure, when I walk to the cup this is what I see:
55e0a858-5a94-f886.jpg

Unfortunately you can't see the ball due to water. We had a big thunderstorm yesterday so the cup was still full of water.

Maybe those two bottles of champagne in the fridge will last about 30min tonight when celebrating one of Swedens biggest holidays and also in the honor of my HIO. Tonight I'm getting hammered!

Tappin' for world peace!

Last edited:
Way to go, flix! That's one hell of a shot from 170+.

Posted via Tapatalk

Way to go, flix! That's one hell of a shot from 170+.

Posted via Tapatalk

Thank you! It sure made my day/week/golf "career" lol

Now I just need to build a shrine for the ball!

Tappin' for world peace!

Back