TaylorMade Metal Woods - Morgan Cup Staff

I agree 100%, I couldnt get past the graphics. The positive was there wasnt a glare!

See the graphics didn't bother me. I just didn't like the way it set up. To me it looked funny and seemed like the heel side of the entire driver sat on the ground. The 2.0 TP set up much better to my eye.

I know that for me, the humidity was one of the main reasons I went with the NDMC grips. I have typically played with Winn Grips, but in the trips to Florida last year, I was having issues keeping the grips dry enough to keep from turning. Even though I have typically hated cord grips, the NDMC having cord only on the top end (where the left hand is gloved anyway) really provided the best of both worlds as I tested a few out this spring.

Canadan - Similar to Biggsy, the main things that steered me away from the SF was the club length and the lack of adjustibility. I have also have yet to play one of the superlite drivers, and while I may move that direction down the road, I didn't want to add that variable in to MC preparation. With all those different R11 settings, I really feel I can dial in what works best, even as my game or course conditions change.

Out of curiosity, would you be more inclined to game the SF 2.0 with an aftermarket like a Miyazaki? I definitely didn't care for the burner sightline, but both clubs looks a bit crazy to me upon address.. Not sure one would overly affect me if the shafts were identical.
No, because there is still the issue with the crown. One note is we were told we need to have all TM gear from TM so that means no aftermarket shafts that aren't offered through TM. The R11 graphics don't affect my sight line and the shaft with the R11 paint scheme is a lot quieter.

It's a true sponsorship from head to toe and crown to grip and everything in or bag...

Canadian guys should get their stuff in the next couple of days.

Man I hope they get here today so I can use them for the weekend, but if not I will be just as excited on Monday.

Esox, you rule.
That is all.

He is a funny man!

Do those VDRs get a little slick with some moisture on them?

I chose the VDR's for just this reason. When we were at the outing my NDMC's got a little slick for my taste, but Cmoors was playing with the VDR's and they were almost sticker than normal. Add the fact that I love how they feel and perform, and they look bad ass, there was only one choice for me.

Canadan - Similar to Biggsy, the main things that steered me away from the SF was the club length and the lack of adjustibility. I have also have yet to play one of the superlite drivers, and while I may move that direction down the road, I didn't want to add that variable in to MC preparation. With all those different R11 settings, I really feel I can dial in what works best, even as my game or course conditions change.

Understandable. thanks for the detailed response!

No, because there is still the issue with the crown. One note is we were told we need to have all TM gear from TM so that means no aftermarket shafts that aren't offered through TM. The R11 graphics don't affect my sight line and the shaft with the R11 paint scheme is a lot quieter.

It's a true sponsorship from head to toe and crown to grip and everything in or bag...

I had a feeling, was just curious. I'm glad you guys found a driver that worked well for you!!

I had a feeling, was just curious. I'm glad you guys found a driver that worked well for you!!
Thanks for the questions. It was a great process to go through and it's a lot of fun to share it with everyone.

THey did for me. Almost a sticky feeling.

Now I am just curious....what grips are best for the heat?

Not sure there is any. Its different for every person.

Interesting. The guys on my team who got them were raving about the VDRs. They just lacked the grip I need, but love the styling. I've found the NDMCs to hold up under every weather condition and are durable as hell.

Are they used to FL conditions?

Paradisians stood in their yard while loved ones hosed them down to mimic the humid conditions in August. I think they'll be fine. :alien:

Paradisians stood in their yard while loved ones hosed them down to mimic the humid conditions in August. I think they'll be fine. :alien:

Jarret goes out and gets sprayed by sprinklers while playing. That's how he prepares

If you get a chance, could you show some love on Taylormade's facebook page. I thanked them for the sponsorship and they even responded to the message. Really great to see them jumping behind this great event.

Several other staffers posted messages and even a "LIKE" on their wall post would be extremely helpful and show a great deal of support. Thank you everyone!

http://www.facebook.com/TaylorMadeGolf

Great post Biggsy. Everyone should definitely support FB posts made for each company.

More great stuff guys! Esox, your pics are totally B.A.!! Awesome pics and video! Great pics and write-up too DD!! You guys are making it very hard for me to not ruch out and get one of these clubs!

What grips work in some climates, dont work as well in others.

its humid up here and ive tried tour wraps - and demo'd a VDR. i need the cord in mine. the rougher surface gives me something to grip. i try and take a light grip and those softer grips have slipped on me.

in my experience its not too bad, you can wipe em off everytime you are ready to hit - but i have had some slip on me when they get a little sweaty.

Out of curiosity, no one went with the Burner 2.0... Was the R11 just better for everyone, or was that the driver selected to give you?

I hit it alot. but lightweight isnt for me. I did have some great shots with them at the range - but consistancy and adjustability were not there.

Really impressive setups guys!! Thanks for sharing, I had a feeling this thread would NOT disappoint!

Out of curiosity, no one went with the Burner 2.0... Was the R11 just better for everyone, or was that the driver selected to give you?

Someone might have gone with the Burner 2.0, I don't know, you will have to wait to find out.

I played in Florida this past February, so the conditions weren't as bad as August, and my Tour Velvet grips did fine. However, I have played a bunch of golf during summers in South Carolina with similar humidity, and I only had slight issues with slipping with the Tour Velvet grips. So once I heard that the VDR grips were slightly tackier than the Tour Velvet grips, but felt mainly the same, it was an easy decision. The feel of the NDMC grips is too firm for me, no matter what the conditions are. It also helps that I don't sweat very much at all, even in really warm temperatures, so my hands stay pretty dry.

If you get a chance, could you show some love on Taylormade's facebook page. I thanked them for the sponsorship and they even responded to the message. Really great to see them jumping behind this great event.

Several other staffers posted messages and even a "LIKE" on their wall post would be extremely helpful and show a great deal of support. Thank you everyone!

http://www.facebook.com/TaylorMadeGolf

Good advice Captain, just sent them some love on Facebook and Twitter.

When the woods arrive I'll take pics and throw them up all over fb and THP. But as of this minute I believe customs is having their way with them.

Tappin the keg!

That is funny. :alien:

It's not as hot as Florida but we have some serious humidity. That makes things sweat and wet regardless if the temp is 90- 95- or 105.

I wasn't trying to make it sound like it's comparable to Florida. But my grips do experience humidity.

We had 95% humidity last Sunday.

And it got up to 92 degrees. I'm not trying to say it's Florida hot- but I have played where you sweat immediately walking out ofthe clubhouse.

That affects my grip choices. Was all I was going for.

We had 95% humidity last Sunday.

And it got up to 92 degrees. I'm not trying to say it's Florida hot- but I have played where you sweat immediately walking out ofthe clubhouse.

That affects my grip choices. Was all I was going for.

I hear you buddy. Those Florida boys think they're the only ones playing in hot, humid conditions and it's just not the case. I find Florida to be extremely humid and at its worst from 8am-11am, whereas here, it's worse with the humidity from about 11am -4pm. Humidity is humidity, and if it's over 90%, it's bad wherever you are. I have never had one issue with my Tour Velvets in humid weather (Florida, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Ash-Vegas, wherever). If you keep a towel on you, just keep your hands as dry as possible. Personally, I hate the NDMC grips and I think they're awful no matter what the conditions. I think they're like the Titleist of grips, it's what you see most of on Tour.

I hear you buddy. Those Florida boys think they're the only ones playing in hot, humid conditions and it's just not the case.

And yet at the outing, the only people that were not complaining about the conditions of humidity and heat are us "FL boys".

And CG13...I was confused with those posts, are you trying to say its humid? Sorry, I was trying to rewind my VCR tape before figuring out if I have unlimited text messaging. :alien:

Back