OGIO UltraLite Golf Bags Preview

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
We just received 2 great looking golf bags from OGIO for review! These are from their UltraLite series, so as you can guess from the name they are super lightweight. We got the Assasin cart bag in red/black and the Helios stand bag in Hot Pink/black. I bet you can guess which one I will be reviewing. Ryan H. will be testing the other bag.

I really like the looks of these bags and I love how lightweight they are. They have a ton of pockets and features and I can't wait to get this to the course test.

Here are some pictures:
i-f4XPcpf-L.jpg

i-G6R6dPs-L.jpg

i-K7rCtjR-L.jpg

i-kXVtH4n-L.jpg

i-ztKqgmW-L.jpg

OGIO Assasin Cart Bag:
DSC01047.jpg

DSC01048.jpg

DSC01050.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice! I had a light weight Ogio stand bag in the past and I had stand trouble (e.g. the legs didn't kick out far enough for it to be stable). It looks (from the first picture above) that this problem has been corrected, but I still look forward to reading the reviews on these bags.

Those are really nice looking. Full length dividers?

Very nice! OGIO makes some awesome stuff. I felt the early 2011 line was a bit of a step backwards in terms of styling, but they seem to be back on track in my opinion. Looking forward to the reviews!

• Admin
Those are really nice looking. Full length dividers?

Here are the links to both bags from the OGIO website Assasin Cart Bag and Helios Stand Bag

The Assasin is in transit to Ryan so I cannot say if the dividers are full length but for the Helios it seems that it has partial full length dividers.

I like the looks a lot. They appear to offer plenty of room to get the clubs in and out of the bag, I look forward to hearing more about them.

Nice, I was in the market for a new bag, and the Ogio Velocity and Helios are on my list. Looking forward to your reviews.

These look very nice, had I not just bought a bag a couple months back I would be all over one of these when they are released!

I just did a video reviewing my Ogio Edge stand bag. I am going to get it on later tonight.

If it's not too much trouble, would each of you mind weighing the bags on a scale?

I know the companies list weight but in my experience they "fudge" a bit.

The assassin bag looks killer! (pun intended)

If it's not too much trouble, would each of you mind weighing the bags on a scale?

I will see what I can do for you there.

The assassin bag looks killer! (pun intended)

Indeed it does!

I will see what I can do for you there.

Indeed it does!

I'm looking forward to your thoughts here Hawkster, we've currently got the same bag and it'll be interesting to see how the Assassin stacks up against the our Syncros.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts here Hawkster, we've currently got the same bag and it'll be interesting to see how the Assassin stacks up against the our Syncros.

Yes it will. I like some things about the Synchro and there are some things I really don't like as well.

I just weighed the helios and it weighs 4.5 lbs so about a pound more than what OGIO says. They have 3.3 lbs on their website.

These bags look pretty sweet! I am excited to read the reviews

Loving the looks of those, and the divider in the cart bag is sweet!

Thank you GG, now you see what I mean. That's a big difference (36%!!!).

Still, I think Ogio makes fantastic bags and I'm looking forward to the review.

I just weighed the helios and it weighs 4.5 lbs so about a pound more than what OGIO says. They have 3.3 lbs on their website.

Thank you GG, now you see what I mean. That's a big difference (36%!!!).

Still, I think Ogio makes fantastic bags and I'm looking forward to the review.

I've never quite understood these sorts of statements. To me (maybe I'm wrong) if a company says it should weigh X, it should weigh pretty darn close to X. A 1.2 pound difference is quite substantial when you are talking such small numbers to begin with. Like cmoors just said, that's a 36% difference. Too high if you ask me. As a comsumer, I'd be all about getting a bag that weighs substantially less. I moved away from carry/stand bags due to the weight and moved to a cart bag. If I was still carrying and wanted to get one of these bags based on weight alone, it should perform as such. With all that being said, that bag even at 4.5 pounds is still less than half as heavy as mine is empty. Makes you wonder though, how they actually weigh the bags to determine the 3.3 pound weight.

Very nice looking bags, I look forward to the reviews.

Those bags look real nice! Can't wait to hear more... especially from the Hawkster since we heart some cart here in O-Town.

I went to buy the Asassin tonight because I picked up a Callaway earlier today that after getting home and putting the sticks in just didnt do the trick for me. I cant wait to see Hawks review. I did not get the Ogio mainly because the carry strap is on the front which is great for carrying, but when on the cart the strap covered up the balls and zippered pockets. That was problematic for me because I want to put it on my push cart. I could not figure out how to unhook the strap. I hope Hawk can show how thats done. The picutre on the website does not have it on the bag because they totally undid the strap. The bag felt great and the top design was really cool looking. I would have snagged it tonight if not for the this issue. Maybe it will still be in my future.

I agree, The asassin bag looks awesome. I like the way the dividers are arranged.

Nice. Now I know how the ladies feel when it comes to new purses.

Here are the links to both bags from the OGIO website Assasin Cart Bag and Helios Stand Bag

The Assasin is in transit to Ryan so I cannot say if the dividers are full length but for the Helios it seems that it has partial full length dividers.

I thought wrong ..I thought you had the Assasin...:laughing:just kidding... have fun reviewing it...

Back