Callaway Jaws CC Wedges

Hopefully third time is the charm. Somebody had to have these in their bag that can help me out. I'm looking at getting new wedges in the very near future and am looking hard at these but I don't want to get them if they are going to tear up the golf balls.

I'd love to help you man but I don't know. I've never played any Callaway wedges and have no idea as to how what they do to the golf ball however I have heard that the Jaws wedges rip into a golf ball like no other.

I'd love to help you man but I don't know. I've never played any Callaway wedges and have no idea as to how what they do to the golf ball however I have heard that the Jaws wedges rip into a golf ball like no other.

Yeah, I've got an old Jaws wedge and it does tear up golf balls, but I wasn't sure since these have the conforming grooves if they do as well. I'm looking hard at these things and would love to get them on the way to the golf bag, but I just don't want to spend the money on 3 wedges only to find out that they are the same as the old ones.

Hopefully third time is the charm. Somebody had to have these in their bag that can help me out. I'm looking at getting new wedges in the very near future and am looking hard at these but I don't want to get them if they are going to tear up the golf balls.

I have these wedges. 52*, 56*, and 60*. I love the wedges, but yes, they shred up some balls. I hit them great, and am very consistent with them, but I do go through a good bit of balls with them.

Their new wedge (CC) did not rip the cover to shreds or spin as much as last years (X Series Jaws). Of course one has conforming grooves and one does not. The new wedge has 21 grooves compared to 15. The wedge is very soft feeling, I don't think I've hit one that felt softer.

The cover ripping on last year's wedge actually tames down after some use. It's just right out of the plastic, those grooves are aggressive.

Got to hit these at the Callaway demo day a couple of weeks ago and came away really impressed. I was trying to hit a high bounce wedge off of concrete turf and it still felt great. Hopefully this is an option ( I imagine they are) for us MC'ers, cause they feel great.

Got to hit these at the Callaway demo day a couple of weeks ago and came away really impressed. I was trying to hit a high bounce wedge off of concrete turf and it still felt great. Hopefully this is an option ( I imagine they are) for us MC'ers, cause they feel great.

All of the bounce options have me somewhat confused as to what to order. I just remember Andy(THP pro) saying before that he thinks people should play more bounce than they do.

just tap it in!

I guess it depends on what you're going use the wedge for most. If you plan on opening the face a lot with it you should look into more bounce.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I went ahead and bit the bullet on these. I have the 52, 56, and 60 that should be here tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have some time either tomorrow or Wednesday to get out on the range with them. I will post a review when I try them out.

I went ahead and bit the bullet on these. I have the 52, 56, and 60 that should be here tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have some time either tomorrow or Wednesday to get out on the range with them. I will post a review when I try them out.

you wont be dissapointed man, they are great wedges, i love mine. I have last years but have been hitting these everytime i go in a golf shop

I've gotten to use these now several times since I've gotten them, and I have to say I think this was a wise purchase. I've been hitting them great and they definitely do not shred balls like other versions of the Jaws wedges. The feel great at setup and still have the spin I like on my shots. I think I have now found the wedges I will be playing for at least the next several years.

Good stuff! Glad you like them.

I have last years, and even though they shred the cover on the ball, I keep going back to them because I hit them so well.

For all the fans of these wedges, I would love to hear some more feedback on the differences people see between these and lets say the Cleveland CG15 and/or the Nike VR Pro

For all the fans of these wedges, I would love to hear some more feedback on the differences people see between these and lets say the Cleveland CG15 and/or the Nike VR Pro

I'm really looking forward to using these next week

wish i could help JB but i havent spent much time with the VR Pro wedges or the CG15's on course, have been playing the Jaws the last 2 years, no cheating going on hehe

I can't offer a ton of feedback JB but when I ended up with the JAWS it came down to them and the CG15's. I don't have the conforming grooves in my JAWS so the amount of spin more on these vs the CG15's was substantial. From what you've said previously you don't like a ton of spin, and I think you may have to play for a little more with the JAWS. Even against other non comforming wedges it just blew them out of the water.

As far as feel/sound, the JAWS feels like it's heavier in a more compact sense. If you go C Grind I found it much easier to open up and hit those shots. On the longer full shots, I thought the CG15 felt lighter and it felt like nothing on good shots. The JAWS is feels/sounds really soft but heavy. I found the JAWS to be a bit more fogiving on the sim, which I know isn't ideal but the distance loss and control on bad shots, was less substantial with the JAWS. Wish I had more for you.

Thank you Yoccos. That is great insight.

thanks too, i need wedges, if i dont get picked for scor, im really looking at the non cc jaws.. i need all the help to spin that i can get lol..

thanks too, i need wedges, if i dont get picked for scor, im really looking at the non cc jaws.. i need all the help to spin that i can get lol..

HAHA! That SCOR testing looks incredible! Well, honestly It was a huge difference in spin #'s on the monitors with the JAWS. I put the spinner shafts in and I just basically have to plan on a minimal amount of spin. Different balls do different things but I love the combo.

There is something unique about the JAWS in hand that I have a hard time describing. The color options available are incredible. That slate is just awesome. Ill be able to compare them both next week and Ill be sure to comeback and update.

Video added to the 1st post!!!!

I'm watching it now!!!!!!!!!! Man I'm so stoked to get my hands on these!!!!!!! I know I ordered some different options so I'm anxious to see how they play.

I'm really looking forward to trying these out. I put the C grind on my 60 degree. I've never used a c grind wedge before

thanks for the video, that slateis just dead sexy!!!

I'm really looking forward to trying these out. I put the C grind on my 60 degree. I've never used a c grind wedge before

I love a c grind. It's on both my wedges haha. So much easier to open up.

Thanks for the video. They do look awesome! Best looking wedge on the market. Can't wait to put them in the best looking staff bag on the market!

Back