Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty

Kind of a side note but why was this so sensationalized? I mean was she some kind of a celebrity? What made this so intriguing to the press, and the public that people everyday in these situations wern't given the same press coverage etc?

You just said above that you did not follow the coverage. That is a pretty bold statement considering you did not follow the coverage.

I followed the case that was presented to me in the media in my area. From that I thought she was guilty. By no means can I determine a verdict with the information the media provided me, but from the information presented that was my "guess".

You just said above that you did not follow the coverage. That is a pretty bold statement considering you did not follow the coverage.

Unfortunalty like you folks in Florida, I didn't get the chance to watch all 33 days of the trial, just from what I was able to gather from reading things online (Cnn etc.) and watching bits of pieces of it on the news.....I am able to make a bold statement like that because I wasn't a juror and her life wasn't in my hands....it is just my opinion I didn't know we needed to follow all of the coverage to make a statement about it./....I apologize

people everyday in these situations wern't given the same press coverage etc?

You know of another case with similar events? This lady murdered her child (allegedly) and then said her child was missing, then instead of reporting her child missing, went out partying. Seems to be a pretty big deal if you ask me.

You know of another case with similar events? This lady murdered her child (allegedly) and then said her child was missing, then instead of reporting her child missing, went out partying. Seems to be a pretty big deal if you ask me.

It definetly is a HUGE deal, I just was wondering if their was something besides that, that made this such a huge deal. OJ Simpson was a star athlete that was accused of killing someone and that got just as much coverage. Their are murders everyday whether children or adults that don't get this much coverage and I was just wondering if she was a clebrity or hired a high priced lawyer....

now im really confused. they threw my boy mike vick in the clink for dog fights but this woman gets to go free even though she killed her baby because the prosecutor sucks?

now im really confused. they threw my boy mike vick in the clink for dog fights but this woman gets to go free even though she killed her baby because the prosecutor sucks?

One quick correction. They threw a murderer in prison for murdering many animals.
A disgusting act.

If I commit a crime. I'll be doing it in FL lol

Crazy stuff.

One quick correction. They threw a murderer in prison for murdering many animals.
A disgusting act.

+1, precisely what I was thinking.

This is crazy though, my wife are just sitting here watching all the news channels in awe and disgust.

So what justice was done? If she wasn't responsible for child's death the police need to find the real killer.

I understand the legal arguments that insufficient evidence may have been presented, the defense won and the prosecution failed, and the legal system worked as intended. Now, find the real killer. That or admit the system wins and the child loses.

Even if the "real killer" walked into the police station with video evidence and DNA samples, nobody could not bring charges.

As much as I think that she got away with murder, I do believe that the defense team did their job and the prosecutors failed. As sad as this day is for that little girl, I still love the justice system in the US.

A disgusting act.

And operating an illegal gambling operation across state lines.

This is why I don't follow the news much. Juror interviews will tell the story better than anything else. Fwiw I'm sure Law and Order will do a spinoff where justice is served without having to actually prove guilt.

This is why I don't follow the news much. Juror interviews will tell the story better than anything else. Fwiw I'm sure Law and Order will do a spinoff where justice is served without having to actually prove guilt.

If Law and Order was still making new episodes.

That's exactly it. 2 things to take away from this verdict.....

Right or wrong, the system worked in that the prosecution did not present enough evidence to convict so the accused goes free and the system allowed a victim to not receive justice in the same process

So what justice was done? If she wasn't responsible for child's death the police need to find the real killer.

I understand the legal arguments that insufficient evidence may have been presented, the defense won and the prosecution failed, and the legal system worked as intended. Now, find the real killer. That or admit the system wins and the child loses.

I only saw bits and pieces, but all I know is a person needs to be convicted beyond a reasonable doubt (as some have already suggested), and the conviction needs to be based on facts, not suppositions. It seems the prosecution's case was built on a lot of circumstantial evidence. Frankly I thought she was guilty as hell, but maybe the jury felt there wasn't enough actual evidence to prove that beyond a reasonable doubt.

Lots of way to look at this and personally i have chosen mine. Even though she will likely lay low a week or two and then be caught on camera at a party with friends again maybe even showing her newest tattoo, SHE WILL GET HERS IN THE END! OJ is getting some of his now, but just wait, it all comes around.

I am sure it has been said, but the justice system did as it was designed. The prosecution had a lot of circumstantial evidence and that is going to cause reasonable doubt. As much as the we all thought she was guilty we also were not in the court room for the 33 days. We were fed what the news outlets were dishing out which of course is going to be sensationalized some.

Remember one is innocent until proven guilty not guilty until proven innocent.

Really good statements in this post. The bolded part is wherein lie the mistakes. In a Capital Murder case 30 years ago, this evidence may have been enough. But in this day and age, you factor in that every juror is looking for that DNA or high tech imaging evidence, or any of that "scientific" stuff you see on TV. I do not know if she is guilty, what I think doesn't matter. I do find it hard to believe that this woman is any where near smart enough to have done this on her own. It is a shame that we will never know what happened to the young girl that died.

I don't get all the oj'esque "find the real killer" the child drowned in a pool and this thing tried to cover it up...allegedly.

It isn't a popular opinion but as a nation we should move on, the justice system did its job. Our Monday morning QB'ing isn't going to change the outcome, meanwhile there are other issues on the collective table that need attention.

--
tapatalk

Lots of way to look at this and personally i have chosen mine. Even though she will likely lay low a week or two and then be caught on camera at a party with friends again maybe even showing her newest tattoo, SHE WILL GET HERS IN THE END! OJ is getting some of his now, but just wait, it all comes around.

I could have not said it better Duey! There is a bigger judge out there and he has his own court so yep, she will suffer bigtime down the road. That's a lock.

I am just about as miffed as most of you on this. The prosecution should have never presented this case if they didn't have all their ducks in a row. Then they did a piss poor job of presenting it (the defense didn't do any better). Where the defense sealed it is in jury selection. That wasn't apparent until today. They basically hid under the veil of "reasonable doubt" (in other words they got lazy) and wanted to go home (how else would you explain a 48 hour deliberation when there was a month full of testimony and months of evidence to go through). Now she gets away scot free with no repercussion other than time served.

I am truly saddened by this not because of the non-conviction but for the life of Caylee. I see the memorials, I hear the news copters hovering close by, the conversations by people in my community, and the oncoming media circus that's gonna be even worst than before, so I guess I have a closer perspective to all this. I'm hoping it the hoopla doesn't last long and/or find out exactly what happened so we can all move from this. I'll let God judge Casey for whatever her role was in this dastardly act.

It is sad.

This thread makes me sick, btw. A freaking dancing banana and some low class trolling. Awesome.

Sad indeed.

Typically easier to prove reasonable doubt than flat-out murder. Throughout the trial, it did appear that the prosecution didn't put together a strong enough case. I think she did it but looks like we'll never know.

Lost for words when I saw it on tv today. WTF is how I feel. Don't understand how there wasnt even child neglect....31 days before you report your child missing....?

Back