John Deere Classic [Spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The PGA Tour moves to the Quad Cities for the John Deere Classic. Should be a good week of golf. Low scores have been the norm here the last couple of years.

It's been really dry here and hot so I'm hoping the greens are a little tougher than years past. I might head out today and try and get some pics of the practice rounds.

Decent field this year, though they had some late dropouts.

Louis O is playing, which I found sort of odd. The tourney organizers charter a plane for the guys heading over to the British that leaves directly from the QC airport. It's about the only way they can get a good field as it otherwise would be a bit of a pain to get over there.

Decent field this year, though they had some late dropouts.

Louis O is playing, which I found sort of odd. The tourney organizers charter a plane for the guys heading over to the British that leaves directly from the QC airport. It's about the only way they can get a good field as it otherwise would be a bit of a pain to get over there.

I'm reall interested to see a few players in this. Mainly Jason Day and Rickie Fowler. This is one of the easiwer fields and courses and they should have no problem being up top.

• Admin
I'm reall interested to see a few players in this. Mainly Jason Day and Rickie Fowler. This is one of the easiwer fields and courses and they should have no problem being up top.

I agree there. Will Fowler rebound after his horrible finish to the AT&T? That is the big story I think.

Yea, I'd like to see Day do well here. Hate to say it, but Striker winning three in a row would be a bit of snoozer. Also, our somewhat local boy Zach Johnson would be a big fan favorite to win.

C'mon Ricky.....You can do it. I love watching golf. I dont care who is or isnt playing.

Should be an interesting one. Lots of the bigger names in the field will be viewing this as a good chance to get a win, and could result in a bit of a shootout.

Where did you see Fowler as playing in this? I don't see his name listed on the tee times.

Where did you see Fowler as playing in this? I don't see his name listed on the tee times.
Looks like he is out now. Probably home waxing his unibrow.

I always like watching this tournament, the pros usually shred it to pieces. My pick is Steve Marino this week. Stricker is a heavy betting favorite.

Great article Hawk, thanks for sharing that man. They have some tough jobs that require loooong hours.

Just looked at the scoring on line, lots of guys are already going low out there. Leaderboard is bunched with some steely old vets at the top right now, including Mr. 59 and Mr. 60 from last year.

I am happy with the leaderboard right now. This is a tourney I really enjoy to follow. We will have to make sure that wherever we go this weekend with KellyBo and Ole Gray that we can catch some of the action.

I am happy with the leaderboard right now. This is a tourney I really enjoy to follow. We will have to make sure that wherever we go this weekend with KellyBo and Ole Gray that we can catch some of the action.

I LOVE the leaderboard right now but I'm trying not to keep a constant eye on it because we all know what a jinx I am to my "guys" so I'm trying really, really hard not to keep bringing it up on my phone/computer until the AM round is through. I'm with you on this tournament. I really like it a lot and think they have the best tee markers all year.

I know you guys are going to have a lot of fun with Kelly and Gray this weekend.

Verplank is obviously protesting the low scoring trend of this tournament by attempting to shoot a 79 today.

Verplank is obviously protesting the low scoring trend of this tournament by attempting to shoot a 79 today.

Saw that and also heard his wrist is bothering him again. Wouldn't be surprised to see him WD later today because of his wrist. Guy can't get a break and keep that wrist healthy from week to week.

Are you planning on heading out to the course this weekend?

I still haven't decided. I should, but I might just watch on the tube.

Posted via Tapatalk

Toms (hip) and Garrigus(back) both withdrew due to injury.

Toms says that he's out of the Open next week and Garrigus has not said.

Toms (hip) and Garrigus(back) both withdrew due to injury.

Toms says that he's out of the Open next week and Garrigus has not said.
That sucks, both are guys who have been playing quite well this year.

Loving John Dalys outfit today. Wish I had the back account to get myself a pink outfit.

Always love this tournament

Loving John Dalys outfit today. Wish I had the back account to get myself a pink outfit.

Always love this tournament

I posted something about this in the what are you watching thread, but I agree what a bright outfit haha!

Tap tap taparoo

Thats a new route at golf...I tried that today as well

Back