The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, took me a while to catch up on this thread today. Welcome to the team Suprt Tuna and Dawg Daddy! T-Mex...LMFAO! Well done CL, well done!

Ruh Roh! Are you ok dude?

It's nothing that a couple rounds of cart golf won't improve. Followed Gracie on a hilly muni Wednesday. Got a big blister on my piggy toe. Peeled that sucker revealing a shiny new toe underneath. Then walked the Irish Course at Whistling yesterday as forecaddie supreme. Climbing the giant hills and mounds while favoring the shiny new toe. Top of my foot and arch are mucho tender today.

The sacrifices of being a junior golfer parent. But I lost 3 pounds even with going WAY off my diet the last two days. Down 37 pounds total as of this morning.

Since this is TMC thread, I'm going to give some props to my sponsor. TMaG yesterday provided hats, shirts, video and launch monitor equipment and the personnel to man them for the "College Showcase". Most of the best junior players in our state were there, and my little girl, who was the youngest. Each kid was taped and launch monitored, with all data being sent to the 39 college coaches that were there.

Others are certainly entitled to the their opinion, but in mine, TMaG is the best golf company in the world, without a doubt.

Man, they had this place set up tough for these kids. 5,800 yards for the girls, 6,800 for the boys. Pins on ridges and tucked behind giant bunker complexes. Kids that shoot par or better were in the 80s. A boy going to OK State on a full ride shot a 76. Not sure he's shot more than 69 all year. My baby had a 92 and was 11th out of 25 girls, most 3-4 years older.

Thanks, TaylorMade. You rock.

Kevin

Great stuff Esoz, congrats to your daughter, and to you for walking that course. From what I"ve seen on TV its a beast of a walk. Oh and 37 pounds has to be commmeneded. That is incredible stuff man, keep it up.

Sounds like you're girl is becoming quite the player...I'm sure all the hard work will pay off for her (and for her proud parents).

Awesome that TMaG was there as well...I really feel like the two companies involved with the Morgan Cup (Taylormade and Callaway) just get it...they go out and connect with golfers and that makes a big difference to me.

Damn Kevin, glad it's gonna be aok!

My feet are just old. They need a rest after all the walking I've done in the last two weeks. I need to ride around in some golf carts.

Like a serious golfer.

Kevin

Iron covers as well. Don't forget the iron covers. Great work on the weightloss guy, that's dedication!

My feet are just old. They need a rest after all the walking I've done in the last two weeks. I need to ride around in some golf carts.

Like a serious golfer.

Kevin

Esox, your weight loss is incredible, songratulations. Really couldn't agree more with your sentiment on tmag.

That's really cool your daughter was able to experience that.

Like a serious golfer.

Kevin

This post made me lol. In all seriousness you really should ride more. It's done wonders for the seriousness of my game.

Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

Ol Lordy here we come with Geritol Jed trying to gang up with KB to smack ole gray around. It's got me so nervous I think I will ohhhhhhhhh excuse me nap time :sleepy:

Be very afraid whippersnapper, I really don't think KB needs any help, but now I have her back.

Be very afraid whippersnapper, I really don't think KB needs any help, but now I have her back.

You know KellyBo told me not to type anything unless it was pre edited prior to release. Keep on with the smack and I will be forced to get the pipeline out and BOOM, there it goes , right down the middle :golf2:. You hacker supporters are not as smooth as our Paradise puppies. We got the mojo and know how to be super fans :banana:.. I have been watching you Hacker fans. You get in front of the mirror and practice this move: :surrender:... Heck ya'll have got pretty darn good at it to! I expect it to be done quite often by about the 12 hole in the Morgan Cup by your Hacker players.

You know KellyBo told me not to type anything unless it was pre edited prior to release. Keep on with the smack and I will be forced to get the pipeline out and BOOM, there it goes , right down the middle :golf2:. You hacker supporters are not as smooth as our Paradise puppies. We got the mojo and know how to be super fans :banana:.. I have been watching you Hacker fans. You get in front of the mirror and practice this move: :surrender:... Heck ya'll have got pretty darn good at it to! I expect it to be done quite often by about the 12 hole in the Morgan Cup by your Hacker players.

I don't know OG. Think I would rather wave a white flag than spray ranch all over the place.

I don't know OG. Think I would rather wave a white flag than spray ranch all over the place.

Ranch dressing = garden salad for us senior golfers. Waving the white flag = Hackers going down in any language :D

You know KellyBo told me not to type anything unless it was pre edited prior to release. Keep on with the smack and I will be forced to get the pipeline out and BOOM, there it goes , left and deep :golf2:. You hacker supporters are smoother than our Paradise puppies. Y'all have the mojo and know how to be super fans :banana:.. I have been watching you Hacker fans. Y'all don't need to get in front of the mirror and practice this move: :surrender:... Team Paradise is already pretty darn good at it! I expect it to be done quite often by about the 12 hole in the Morgan Cup by our Paradise players.

FIFY, gotta admit that braggadocious post made me laugh.

Last edited:
FIFY, gotta admit that braggadocious post made me laugh.

What da heck is a braggadocious? Some kind of dinosaur something :confused2:... ? You are running with the wrong pack dawg. You hang around Team Paradise and we will teach you how to get er done :thumb:

Gray, you're awesome dude. We can't tell all of you how much the Paradise Support means. Even the Hackers :) The Morgan Cup is gonna be amazing.

What da heck is a braggadocious? Some kind of dinosaur something :confused2:... ? You are running with the wrong pack dawg. You hang around Team Paradise and we will teach you how to get er done :thumb:

Ranch dressing = garden salad for us senior golfers. Waving the white flag = Hackers going down in any language :D

Ha - well played sir!

Sent from my Tapatalk!

Okay so I know everyone has been waiting with baited breath on my break down of the first day pairings, so here they are. First off, let me say that although I am supporting Team Paradise I am not letting this cloud my judgement in anyway. So here they are:

Lucas Calloway & Kevin McNiel vs Jason Kunze & Jarret Calloway- I am saving the first round for last, because IMO this is the pivotal matchup of the morning. So on to the second group.

Ryan Belbin & John Biggs vs Jarrod Krug & Andrew Aurand- The Big Hitters vs 4 iron and Precision. First off believe the hype! Biggsy and Rbelbin can hit the ball a mile! (Since there is a Canadian on this team I will translate that into metric). This team can hit the ball 1.609344 km! That being said Team Hackers has a guy that doesn't even need to use a driver! He steps up to the tee box and tells his caddie "4 iron please!" Yes they may be hitting the ball from 100 yards (or 91.44 meters) behind Biggsy and Belbin, but they have a secret weapon. AHA!!! This guy can hit the ball closer to the pin from 180 than most people can from 20 ft! My prediction is Team Hackers will have an Ah Ha moment and take the point from Team Paradise.

Kevin Dunn & Marc Gradillas vs Donne Willingham & Ryan Staples- This going to be a battle of some unknowns, at least unknown for me. On the one team we have Yoccos and Esox, the old and the young, the Seefu and the Grasshopper, it is a combo that has worked in the Ryder Cup and it may just work here. Next we got adwillingham and DirtyDawg, a couple of down home country boys who are not afraid to get down and dirty in order to grind this thing out. But in the end I think Yoccos hitting draws all day long and Esox stroking that ball into the cup like it is a cat in need of a good grooming is going to tip the balance in favor of Team Paradise.

Dean DeCrescenzo & Amol Yajnik vs Matthew Buemi & Ben Kember- The recent appearance of filmmaker M Night Shyamalan on The Hackers Paradise, showing off his golfing prowess has given life to this team that was previously known only for using shovels to get the ball in the hole. But this team has their work cut out for them because they are going against some stiff competition. Dispite the fact that this team should be essentially a one man team considering one of their players is both a lefty and a Canadian, normally a fatal combination, but in this case two negatives do equal a positive and it is one giant, 6'4" positive by the name of Coolbreeze. Coolbreeze made a bold move by cutting his signature locks and this had many wondering if this was a good idea or if like Sampson of old he was cutting the very source of his strength. On the contrary he has come away from the shearing a new man, leaner, meaner and cleaner. That coupled with his kicking of the cig sticks and the fact that CG13 only needs one putt per hole with his new Ghost Tour Marinello putter and I believe Team Hackers has this one in the bag!

Lucas Calloway & Kevin McNiel vs Jason Kunze & Jarret Calloway- Finally, the pivotal matchup! A matchup that has so many levels it deserves its own thread. Brother vs Brother. Equipment Tester vs Equipment tester. Team Hackers is team that has a man that owns every single club known to mankind teaming up with a man who has only ever 4 clubs his whole life because they don't make it left handed. Team Paradise consists of a couple of funny talkers, who despite their inability to speak proper English, can flat out play! P4B, the big man with the aerodynamic head! This guy drives the ball like Bubba Watson! No he doesn't have Bubba's distance, but he does have his banana slice. But don't be fooled by his ability to workability the ball, because he is consistently in the middle of the fairway. One-T who can at times be inconsistent with the driver is peaking at the right time smacking drive after drive 300+ and straight down the middle, plus, this guy doesn't need a spaceship to putt with. He is like a surgeon with his precision blade dropping putt after putt. Team Hackers is headed by their fearless leader. A man who looks 25 foot, nay 45 foot putts in the face and laughs as he sinks them in the dark with a crowd full of naysayer looking on. His golfing ability is the stuff of legends and his youtube videos have changed the face of golf forever! Finally there is OEM. What can you say about a man who goes out and buys a driver that he is going to receive for free a couple of weeks later, except that he is serious! His motto is "Look Good, Play Good", and he exemplifies this motto. Team Hackers is legit and is going to give Team Paradise a seriously hard time with there play, but in the end I predict that the combined play of Team Paradise pulls this one off on the 18 hole.

So like every good soccer match should be, I have it 2-2 after the first round, but I think that it is going to be close and a few matches could go either way. I can't wait to see what the Round 2 pairings are and you bet I will give my predictions on that one too.

Last edited:
What a great write up Doc! That was pretty fair and balanced IMO.

Good stuff Doc, definitely well thought out. Be interesting to see how this compares to the real thing.

Good write-up Dr. Teeth. No extra holes in this format, so Hackers & Paradise would get a half point, so that is 2 1/2 - 1 1/2 after the morning session.

evening team paradise hope all 4 of you are well trained and rested for the day. i also hope as its the weekend that we are all going to concentrate on training for the most important hole of the day the 19th!!

Okay so I know everyone has been waiting with baited breath on my break down of the first day pairings, so here they are. First off, let me say that although I am supporting Team Paradise I am not letting this cloud my judgement in anyway. So here they are:

Lucas Calloway & Kevin McNiel vs Jason Kunze & Jarret Calloway- I am saving the first round for last, because IMO this is the pivotal matchup of the morning. So on to the second group.

Ryan Belbin & John Biggs vs Jarrod Krug & Andrew Aurand- The Big Hitters vs 4 iron and Precision. First off believe the hype! Biggsy and Rbelbin can hit the ball a mile! (Since there is a Canadian on this team I will translate that into metric). This team can hit the ball 1.609344 km! That being said Team Hackers has a guy that doesn't even need to use a driver! He steps up to the tee box and tells his caddie "4 iron please!" Yes they may be hitting the ball from 100 yards (or 91.44 meters) behind Biggsy and Belbin, but they have a secret weapon. AHA!!! This guy can hit the ball closer to the pin from 180 than most people can from 20 ft! My prediction is Team Hackers will have an Ah Ha moment and take the point from Team Paradise.

Kevin Dunn & Marc Gradillas vs Donne Willingham & Ryan Staples- This going to be a battle of some unknowns, at least unknown for me. On the one team we have Yoccos and Esox, the old and the young, the Seefu and the Grasshopper, it is a combo that has worked in the Ryder Cup and it may just work here. Next we got adwillingham and DirtyDawg, a couple of down home country boys who are not afraid to get down and dirty in order to grind this thing out. But in the end I think Yoccos hitting draws all day long and Esox stroking that ball into the cup like it is a cat in need of a good grooming is going to tip the balance in favor of Team Paradise.

Dean DeCrescenzo & Amol Yajnik vs Matthew Buemi & Ben Kember- The recent appearance of filmmaker M Night Shyamalan on The Hackers Paradise, showing off his golfing prowess has given life to this team that was previously known only for using shovels to get the ball in the hole. But this team has their work cut out for them because they are going against some stiff competition. Dispite the fact that this team should be essentially a one man team considering one of their players is both a lefty and a Canadian, normally a fatal combination, but in this case two negatives do equal a positive and it is one giant, 6'4" positive by the name of Coolbreeze. Coolbreeze made a bold move by cutting his signature locks and this had many wondering if this was a good idea or if like Sampson of old he was cutting the very source of his strength. On the contrary he has come away from the shearing a new man, leaner, meaner and cleaner. That coupled with his kicking of the cig sticks and the fact that CG13 only needs one putt per hole with his new Ghost Tour Marinello putter and I believe Team Hackers has this one in the bag!

Lucas Calloway & Kevin McNiel vs Jason Kunze & Jarret Calloway- Finally, the pivotal matchup! A matchup that has so many levels it deserves its own thread. Brother vs Brother. Equipment Tester vs Equipment tester. Team Hackers is team that has a man that owns every single club known to mankind teaming up with a man who has only ever 4 clubs his whole life because they don't make it left handed. Team Paradise consists of a couple of funny talkers, who despite their inability to speak proper English, can flat out play! P4B, the big man with the aerodynamic head! This guy drives the ball like Bubba Watson! No he doesn't have Bubba's distance, but he does have his banana slice. But don't be fooled by his ability to workability the ball, because he is consistently in the middle of the fairway. One-T who can at times be inconsistent with the driver is peaking at the right time smacking drive after drive 300+ and straight down the middle, plus, this guy doesn't need a spaceship to putt with. He is like a surgeon with his precision blade dropping putt after putt. Team Hackers is headed by their fearless leader. A man who looks 25 foot, nay 45 foot putts in the face and laughs as he sinks them in the dark with a crowd full of naysayer looking on. His golfing ability is the stuff of legends and his youtube videos have changed the face of golf forever! Finally there is OEM. What can you say about a man who goes out and buys a driver that he is going to receive for free a couple of weeks later, except that he is serious! His motto is "Look Good, Play Good", and he exemplifies this motto. Team Hackers is legit and is going to give Team Paradise a seriously hard time with there play, but in the end I predict that the combined play of Team Paradise pulls this one off in extra holes.

So I have it 2-2 after the first round, but I think that it is going to be close and a few matches could go either way. I can't wait to see what the Round 2 pairings are and you bet I will give my predictions on that one too.

LOL at this! Irony of ironies. Good predictions Doc. We'll see if it holds true.

Dr Teeth, I have to say that was simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great predictions for the morning round and the Sampson reference (if we are speaking on the same) was brilliant! Rep added my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back