WGC Bridgestone Invitational [Spoilers]

loljamielovemark

Do you think he has been practicing/playing at all? I just don't know.

Im leaning more towards your thoughts here.

It's what he does.

Is there anyone playing in this besides Eldrick? This makes 23 posts in the thread and he is mentioned or referred to in 18 of them!

I'd like to see one of the 3 member of the "The Golf Boys" make a serious run.

BTW the next tournaments that all of "The Golf Boys" are in, they should put them out as a foursome. And if it was allowed blast Oh Oh Oh, as their entrance music.

I'm actually predicting Tiger finds a way to miss a cut.

I'd love to see someone take the headlines this weekend.

You also picked Jaime Lovemark as your preseason darkhorse pick. Remember that? So when do I get to take over control of that avy? I have a few good ideas now actually! :D

Yeah, you went with Jason Day, a guy who had a win on tour. You took a pretty bold pick there. Nice one.

I think a guy like Webb Simpson plays well this weekend. He's been around the leaderboard a lot lately. I wouldn't mind seeing a guy like him win.

Wouldn't surprise me either. He's been very solid. The only thing I've noticed is that he seems to really shine when some of the biggest names aren't playing.

I'd like to see one of the 3 member of the "The Golf Boys" make a serious run.

BTW the next tournaments that all of "The Golf Boys" are in, they should put them out as a foursome. And if it was allowed blast Oh Oh Oh, as their entrance music.

So Hunter, Bubba, and Rickie? Because Ben Crane struggled here last year.

If Tiger does well, do people cite his health or change in caddie?

His health. He has had many pitfalls during the last 20 months or so.
First it was the marriage issues.
Then it was his mental health
Then it was the swing change.
Then it was the knee

All of that should be behind him and its time for his return to golf. We will see this weekend if his return is what many are expecting it to be.

I think Webb Simpson does well too. He has just been solid recently.

Tiger will be in the top 20. Probably the top 10. I think he has regained a little bit of confidence, and while I do not think he wins, I think he does well enough to give him some momentum going into the PGA Championship. If he is going to start winning again, that is what he needs: momentum.

You have to cite his health. A lot of the times, people can play through off the course, or personal issues, but one thing you cant play through is pain, especially when it affects your swing motion and overall game.

If Tiger plays well, it will have more to do with him being healthy (finally), than anything else.

Health, but for me, it would be both mental and physical health. I think he has had enough time that both have seen some measure of repair.

Westwood wins. With stockton and rotella in his corner he's gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

You know Chubby Chandler's boys have been a tear the couple of years. I don't think this a bad pick.

I like Fowler and Sergio, they both need a W to get around their respective corners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Westy is gonna have a good showing, maybe even win. I have this gut feeling that Bubba is either gonna win this thing or finish DFL.

I think Tiger will sniff the top ten but only after he falters on Saturday to take him out of the running. I think he'll have a good Sunday to closeout though.

His health. He has had many pitfalls during the last 20 months or so.
First it was the marriage issues.
Then it was his mental health
Then it was the swing change.
Then it was the knee

All of that should be behind him and its time for his return to golf. We will see this weekend if his return is what many are expecting it to be.

Hanks,
The bigger question really is if he does not do well this weekend, what will fans and media hold as the reason why? Obviously the first thought will be rust. That he needs competitive rounds to get back into the swing of things (although it has never affected him in the past) and that could be why he chose here (with no cut and familiar course) to make his return. Then he will have the PGA Championship to have as his next stop. But we as fans have always had that fail safe of reasons as to the reasons why he was not the same player. If nothing changes, and hopefully it does, but if it doesnt, what will be the next chapter?

Like you said, most will blame it on rust. I am not sure what I would think. I am no psychiatrist, but maybe there is still some mental problems. Speaking in hypotheticals, of course.

Hanks,
The bigger question really is if he does not do well this weekend, what will fans and media hold as the reason why? Obviously the first thought will be rust. That he needs competitive rounds to get back into the swing of things (although it has never affected him in the past) and that could be why he chose here (with no cut and familiar course) to make his return. Then he will have the PGA Championship to have as his next stop. But we as fans have always had that fail safe of reasons as to the reasons why he was not the same player. If nothing changes, and hopefully it does, but if it doesnt, what will be the next chapter?

I'd like to see Gary Woodland do some damage this week. I'm diggin' his game. For a long hitter, he seems to have a fairly controlled/fundamentally sound swing. I am far from an expert on breaking down swing mechanics, but that is how it appears to me.

My Tiger prediction: finishes out of the top 20.

That may be the million $ question.....he's made wholesale changes on and off the course and has pretty much declared himself healthy. He has left himself no wiggle room (imo) to offer up any sort of excuse for not doing well this weekend with no cut to worry about.

Hanks,

That may be the million $ question.....he's made wholesale changes on and off the course and has pretty much declared himself healthy. He has left himself no wiggle room (imo) to offer up any sort of excuse for not doing well this weekend with no cut to worry about.

I actually applaud him for doing that since his superfans pretty much have all the excuses in the book ready to pull out at a moment's notice (pun intended). No more excuses and let's get down to the nitty gritty already and I'm glad that Tiger can take that stance as well.

Yeah, you went with Jason Day, a guy who had a win on tour. You took a pretty bold pick there. Nice one.
It was well within the rules. Someone outside the top 30. Day was around 34th at the time. It's not my fault you tried digging so deep you went with someone who just graduated high school.

Remember what TW did last year at this event? It was UGLY!

I like Stricker for the win. Maybe it's because I spent most of the last week in Wisconsin......call me crazy.

I'm really curious why do folks think TW will do so well this week at WGC? He's coming back from injury/caddie change/swing change and a divorce. If it was some other PGA player coming back from an injury, would we expect him to place in his first event back?

Remember what TW did last year at this event? It was UGLY!

I like Stricker for the win. Maybe it's because I spent most of the last week in Wisconsin......call me crazy.

Were they khaki fanatics over there as well?

I'm really curious why do folks think TW will do so well this week at WGC? He's coming back from injury/caddie change/swing change and a divorce. If it was some other PGA player coming back from an injury, would we expect him to place in his first event back?

Because there are no more excuses according to him. He said he feels great. He says his swing is clicking. He says he is ready. Many in the media and his fans have said for one of the reasons I listed above that "those" were the things holding him back. Well according to him, none of those things are anymore. I know that if it does not work out for him, the fans and many in the media will talk about rust, because frankly, what else is there really.

I have never really bought the idea of rust at this level. It did not really affect him when he came back at Augusta after his first absence. And he has not played a large or even medium schedule for a number of years.

It won't be caddie. As John Hawkins correctly said last night, the stroke differential would be zero whether Woods had Steve Williams or Zha Zha Gabor as his caddie this week. Caddies get waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit on this board, IMO.

Back