Callaway Razr X Tour Irons

If I wasnt' a lefty I would have let everyone try these last night. Thats how much I love these clubs. My golf partner left last night saying that he wishes he would have tried these before buying the Burner 2.0s after seeing how muched they helped my iron game.

Good for you bro. You're a lefty too! I like that. You went, you tested and you went with the winner.

My putter is hot and cold at times. and the other day, it was freezing. I think these irons make me a better iron player, that simple.

Reading Adam's experiences should really show folks just how forgiving, accurate, and good these irons are.

That's the truth, dude. Here as well. The forgiveness for us high cappers is a great feature. No more long impossible pitches and awkward shots around the green. Because of the forgiveness and better placement, I find that my scramble percentages are higher now as well. The up and downs are getting a little easier now.

Good for you bro. You're a lefty too! I like that. You went, you tested and you went with the winner.

Did I ever. I went to no less than 6 golf shops to hit every brand and type of iron I could this year. The RXTs won hands down. The only iron I wasn't able to hit were the forged Razrs, but I don't think that my game is ready for them yet anyway.

I think I have made my mind up to get the Razr irons, now I just need to decide if I should get the razr x tours or regular razr x's

Damnit. This recent little bit of banter has pushed me more to the edge. After MC I will be looking.

And one other thing: I think these irons look sick! They may not have the flashiest badge design, but the brushed nickel finish is outstanding, at address they are outstanding, and looking at the cavity from behind (like when my brother is hitting and I'm standing behind him), they look really great.

C'mon people, get your RXT on!

I think I have made my mind up to get the Razr irons, now I just need to decide if I should get the razr x tours or regular razr x's

Hit them both. I found the RX to be a little to forgiving and a little harder to shape the shot I wanted. I've been spending a lot of time with an instructor learning how to hit a draw or fade at will so the RXTs made that a little easier than the RXs for me.

these are my second favorite irons this year. I love everything about them.

Hit them both. I found the RX to be a little to forgiving and a little harder to shape the shot I wanted. I've been spending a lot of time with an instructor learning how to hit a draw or fade at will so the RXTs made that a little easier than the RXs for me.

I have hit the x's quite a bit, not the tours. I wuld have to go custom shaft on the tours. Based on the shaft optimizer feedback, the stock shafts on the RXs is perfect for me and the tours is a little heavy.

That's the truth, dude. Here as well. The forgiveness for us high cappers is a great feature. No more long impossible pitches and awkward shots around the green. Because of the forgiveness and better placement, I find that my scramble percentages are higher now as well. The up and downs are getting a little easier now.

You're finding exactly how beneficial these irons really can be dude. You have brought up some very interesting perspectives and ones that I think folks tend to over look. Fact is, you're hitting more greens, and when you're not, you're not in jail.

You're finding exactly how beneficial these irons really can be dude. You have brought up some very interesting perspectives and ones that I think folks tend to over look. Fact is, you're hitting more greens, and when you're not, you're not in jail.

You know what, Adam brought up a good point is that even if you're a high capper but are looking to improve and learn to work the ball (much like myself) these are easier to work (weighting, head shape and size, etc) but it also has the forgiveness that a high capper looks for so you're not in awkward spots on missed shots.

For those that like to play the old TM TP lines and are looking for more forgiveness with the same looks and "workability", this is the iron you need to look at.

I actually hit some balls today, seems like a miracle. It's been almost 2 weeks since I had touched a club due to family obligations but I'm getting back out to Men's League tonight and our Club Championship is this weekend so I thought I had better see if I still knew how to swing a club. Yep, I do.

Razr X Tours immediately felt great just like I remember. I think I was actually hitting them a little further too, maybe just because I'm all buff, but I'll find out for sure tonight. It felt great hitting these again, they're going to be put to the test this weekend and of course in a couple of weeks so I'm ready!

Good luck this weekend Jake. The RXT's should get you to the winner's circle.

Thanks man, I'm definitely going to have a lot of confidence in my iron game. That always helps.

Good luck Jake! You have a killer set of irons there. IMO, they the perfect blend of everything I would personally want in an iron.

I actually hit some balls today, seems like a miracle. It's been almost 2 weeks since I had touched a club due to family obligations but I'm getting back out to Men's League tonight and our Club Championship is this weekend so I thought I had better see if I still knew how to swing a club. Yep, I do.

Razr X Tours immediately felt great just like I remember. I think I was actually hitting them a little further too, maybe just because I'm all buff, but I'll find out for sure tonight. It felt great hitting these again, they're going to be put to the test this weekend and of course in a couple of weeks so I'm ready!

Good luck Jake. So you went away for two weeks and came back buff? lol piss test!!

I have hit the x's quite a bit, not the tours. I wuld have to go custom shaft on the tours. Based on the shaft optimizer feedback, the stock shafts on the RXs is perfect for me and the tours is a little heavy.

I just checked the TGW website and the custom shafts don't have an upcharge attached to them. So you could order the Razr Tours, with the regular Razr TT flighted Uniflex shafts for the same price. That's a Callaway policy, not TGW, so you could get fitted and/or order anywhere. I just used the TGW customization feature cuz it's easy.

Sigh. I'm really wishing I hadn't bought new irons three months ago.

I just checked the TGW website and the custom shafts don't have an upcharge attached to them. So you could order the Razr Tours, with the regular Razr TT flighted Uniflex shafts for the same price. That's a Callaway policy, not TGW, so you could get fitted and/or order anywhere. I just used the TGW customization feature cuz it's easy.

Thanks for the tip Rob. I think I am going to go through Callaway and get fitted properly. LIke Spanks said a page or two back, I live so close it would be crazy not to take advantage and take a quick drive down. Who knows maybe a new 3W or driver as well.

Have some comparison pictures of the Razr X and Razr X Tour irons:

2e398a00.jpg

And address
f622982b.jpg

Played the RXTs today as a demo set from the course. I have to say that when playing them I was "ehhh", but about half way through the round I realized how good my iron play was. I mean seriously good for me. I really think they have something pretty darn good in this set. It was my first time I had ever played them on the course, and by the time I was finished, had turned to GG and said "these will do just fine...hehe"

Played the RXTs today as a demo set from the course. I have to say that when playing them I was "ehhh", but about half way through the round I realized how good my iron play was. I mean seriously good for me. I really think they have something pretty darn good in this set. It was my first time I had ever played them on the course, and by the time I was finished, had turned to GG and said "these will do just fine...hehe"

Good to hear, I love these things.

How were your distances compared to the Z-Stars?

nice! I don't know why, but I figured you would go with the non tour Razr X. I was thinking they would have been more along the lines of your Machspeeds and CG16's from the past. Both are a very nice offering from Callaway.

How do you think they would play when your ball striking was not as good as it was today?

How were your distances compared to the Z-Stars?

Shorter. But not a ton shorter.

nice! I don't know why, but I figured you would go with the non tour Razr X. I was thinking they would have been more along the lines of your Machspeeds and CG16's from the past. Both are a very nice offering from Callaway.

How do you think they would play when your ball striking was not as good as it was today?

I didnt have that option today at the course. They only had 1 demo set available to try.
I wish I could answer that last part for you. I just dont know.

Back