WGC Bridgestone Invitational [Spoilers]

Dang it......that Weasel (AKA Watney) is playing pretty damn well today.

Good God! Now they're going to build a woods scott rivalry lol.. Sometimes I hate the media.

Martin laird, adam scott, nick watney, darren clarke....have I missed anyone?

Tiger is playing pretty well. Rather impressive so far considering his lay off

Man after watching shot tracker for most of the day, it looks like DC just had a rough go eh? I wish my rough go's were +5. Or maybe +6.

68 for Tiger, great round if you ask me

-2 was better than I thought he could possibly shoot. Now to see if he can continue to shoot well. Pretty impressive considering the past almost 2 years.

68 for Tiger, great round if you ask me

Agreed, all things considered he couldnt have asked for much more. Although I am sure he will say differently, he must be pleased.

Tiger had a very good 68 with both highs and lows. Putter looked good late and his irons were crisp. We have seen this before though, I want to see Friday and Saturday before assessing judgement. He looked better, that is for sure.

Great round considering the layoff. Still got hit those fairways and greens

I think at the end of this day, you have to consider it a victory for Tiger, no matter how small. He made 3 birdies, 1 bogey and finished T-18. He looked like he was healthy. If he doesn't majorly screw up this week, watch out at Atlanta Athletic Club next week!

Tiger had a very good 68 with both highs and lows. Putter looked good late and his irons were crisp. We have seen this before though, I want to see Friday and Saturday before assessing judgement. He looked better, that is for sure.

Even as a tiger fan I couldn't agree more. 4 rounds... He needs 4 good rounds. Judging by a lot of thoughts in this thread though it looks like a very small step in the right direction.

Now how about Scott, Day and Watney? Now those guys played great rounds today! I was surprised to see the -7's to be honest on Day 1.... With no cut line, does anyone think a lot of players are less aggressive Thurs/Fri?

I know that question is almost an oxymoron with the previous statement... but I was just curious thoughts on no cut events.

He looked a lot better than I expected today. Especially with Clarke spraying it allover. I think tomorrow will show if the changes are sticking.

Even as a tiger fan I couldn't agree more. 4 rounds... He needs 4 good rounds. Judging by a lot of thoughts in this thread though it looks like a very small step in the right direction.

Now how about Scott, Day and Watney? Now those guys played great rounds today! I was surprised to see the -7's to be honest on Day 1.... With no cut line, does anyone think a lot of players are less aggressive Thurs/Fri?

I know that question is almost an oxymoron with the previous statement... but I was just curious thoughts on no cut events.

Not at all and not a bad question. I have asked this of guys at Doral (another no cut event) and they said they really dont look at it any differently.

So, tiger, eh I mean adam scott! Got my caddies mixed up for a second.

Quite funny seeing adam checking out djs driver coming off the tee!

Well...could be worse for TW. 9 holes, 9 pars. Missed a few birdie ops but made a few nice par saves after some ugly holes. I think he will finish at 2 under after getting into a better groove on the back. I also think he is pleased to be where he is at so far.

Yes...I am quoting myself. Why is the only prediction that I ever get right come when there is not a prize on the line? :D

That recovery shot was just sick by Ishikawa.

Dang, he even made the putt. Awesome.

What a day!

Saw Clarke drain his approach on 8, biggest smile I've ever seen on a golfer. No we weren't following Tiger. Son and I were camped out between 8 green and 9 tee. Is a great spot as you can see the approaches and putts on 8 and see drivers on 9. Year after year I am blown away at the level these guys play. Cool see Ryo's little following. That kid has some serious game...he looks like a 16 year old out there. So many things going through my mind, great time.

And, as we were leaving guess who is walking off the practice area? Son got his hat signed by Luke Donald! Being 4 he doesn't quite understand how cool it is to have the #1 golfer in the world sign your hat. Told him to say thank you and Luke gave a smile and "you're welcome" to him. Class act as I could tell he was in a hurry.

Not your typical par.

Busiest golf tournament thread since the Open. Coincidence? I think not.

That's very cool Griff - lucky you and the son being out there!!

What a day!

Saw Clarke drain his approach on 8, biggest smile I've ever seen on a golfer. No we weren't following Tiger. Son and I were camped out between 8 green and 9 tee. Is a great spot as you can see the approaches and putts on 8 and see drivers on 9. Year after year I am blown away at the level these guys play. Cool see Ryo's little following. That kid has some serious game...he looks like a 16 year old out there. So many things going through my mind, great time.

And, as we were leaving guess who is walking off the practice area? Son got his hat signed by Luke Donald! Being 4 he doesn't quite understand how cool it is to have the #1 golfer in the world sign your hat. Told him to say thank you and Luke gave a smile and "you're welcome" to him. Class act as I could tell he was in a hurry.

Got to love it, nothing like a little courtesy from sports figures for the kids.

Back