Boccieri FW Wood Forum Testing Signup

Thank you to both Boccieri and THP for this awsome opportunity!

1. What fairway wood(s) do you currently play? Taylormade R11 15.5*.
2. What is your driver swing speed? 95-100
3. What do you look for in fairway woods? I like something that I can hit off the fairway as well as I do off the Tee
4. How well do you hit fairway woods off the short grass? I can hit my R11 about 200-210 off the fairway.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?My testing process would be putting the fairway wood up against my R11 3 wood. I would be interested in seeing how well it matches up. I absolutely love the R11. I play golf twice a week, and hit the driving range twice a week as well. I would post my reviews of the fairway wood on THP and Facebook. I am on THP everyday and like to post in threads when I can have an impact on the conversation.

1. What fairway wood(s) do you currently play? TM Burner 4h
2. What is your driver swing speed? 108-112
3. What do you look for in fairway woods? I look for a club I'm first able to hit off the short grass and also be able to get the club head through some parts of the rough. Secondly, I look for a club that I know I can hit off the tee with comfort and confidence. If I'm putting the driver in the bag I want to be able to hit the fairway.
4. How well do you hit fairway woods off the short grass? I only carried a 4H right now and I hit it very well. My 4H is my 230-240 club when needed off the shot grass or tee.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm a daily active member on THP. I can tell you I will put this club through the ringers. I've been looking now for a little over a month for a new 3W and have been hitting a lot of different woods which I could compare it to. I usually get out to the club 3-4 times a week either playing or hitting balls. (Lately a lot more playing.) Not only am I willing to update the thread here as much as I can, I would be willing to us facebook and twitter to give your followers the reviews as well.

Good Luck Everyone, what an opportunity

1. What fairway wood(s) do you currently play? Taylormade tour burner 3w taylormade r580 5wood

2. What is your driver swing speed? 95ish

3. What do you look for in fairway woods? Forgiveness mostly my fairway woods are better now than the past few years

4. How well do you hit fairway woods off tihe short grass? Currently I'm hitting my fairway woods decent from the short grass with a slight fade

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? My testing would be weekly since i play atleast 3 times a week.
My activity level is lacking right now since I am busier at work currently but I check the forums through out the day. I'm thankful to get the opportunity to have a chance to test more equipment. Thank you thp and bocceri golf

1. What fairway wood(s) do you currently play?Olimar Trimetal 13*-Still like it better than newer one's I have hit and with the low profile it hits almost like a hybrid.
2. What is your driver swing speed?94
3. What do you look for in fairway woods?Something I can hit resonably far but straight and off different types of lies since I use it mainly off the fairway.
4. How well do you hit fairway woods off the short grass?Depends,sometimes very well ,but sometimes have a slight fade.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?I play at least 18 weekly and usually 36 so I would get a chance to try it "real world" Instead of just at the range.I am on THP daily and will keep everyone updated on everything from feel,sound of impact and launch and carry conditions.

Thanks Boccieri Golf and THP for the opportunity.

1. What fairway wood(s) do you currently play? Taylormade Burner Steel 3W (15*, Stiff), go back and forth with my Cobra Speed LD 5w (prefer my TM Burner rescue 3H)
2. What is your driver swing speed? 105 mph
3. What do you look for in fairway woods? Look of clubhead at address, ability to hit off of roughs, sound upon contact and consistency
4. How well do you hit fairway woods off the short grass? This club to me is like Tin Cup's 7 iron. I cannot go wrong with this club. Hit it 225-230 off the fairway. Only problem I have is when I hit from the roughs.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play golf 1-2 times per week and hit the range about once a week, so I think I can post weekly reviews and updates. Also, I golf with 8-10 of my work buddies every time and I can get their opinions too.

Last edited:
Big thanks to Boccieri and THP for another cool opportunity. I absolutely love this forum, not only for all the great giveaways they do, but for all the great members!!

1. What fairway wood(s) do you currently play? I currently play the Adams Speedline 3w, from a couple years back.
2. What is your driver swing speed? 117 AVG
3. What do you look for in fairway woods? In a fairway wood I look for a low profile look, somthing that would be easy to hit off the fairway, out of the rough. I like for it to have a lower launch angle, and then land softly.
4. How well do you hit fairway woods off the short grass? I have actually become quite good at hitting fairway woods off the fairway, I feel more confident hitting a fairway wood than I do a long iron many times.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Since joining, I feel I have been quite active within the forum. At first I just looked around, not wanting to comment much, but I have become more comfortable and started giving my opinion more. The testing process for me would include range time along with actual course time. I still have quite a few tournaments to play in this year, and since I have been in the market for a new 3W anyways, this would be the perfect opportunity to test this out!

Once again I want to say thanks to Boccieri and THP for the opportunity! Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to find out who's picked!!

1. What fairway wood(s) do you currently play? MacGregor MacTec NVG2
2. What is your driver swing speed? 105
3. What do you look for in fairway woods? A rocket launcher, with a stable, heavier shaft, traditional style head, and a low profile
4. How well do you hit fairway woods off the short grass? Sometimes a little directionally challenged, but otherwise fairly well
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Would do side-by-side test against current model, both on the range and on the course. I have unlimited access to a practice and playing facility, which I take advantage of daily. I would also use impact tape to check consistency of contact and GPS for distance measuring. Reviews will be returned quickly and generally in the style of those given in the Heavy Driver thread.

Time on THP has been somewhat limited, but thanks to the Heavy Driver thread and some others, I find myself visiting more and more often.

Like most of the other posters, I would also like to thank Boccieri Golf for the opportunity and their approach to real game improvement. It's great to see new ideas being put out there and put to the test, rather just than marketing slicker paint jobs and cooler names and graphics on shafts.

Well done, Boccieri.

Last edited:
Thanks Boccieri and THP! This will be awsome to stay up with, but with testing the unmarked balls right now I will hold out of this one.

Thanks to Boccieri and THP for this opportunity to provide meanungful feedback on new golf equipment.

1. What fairway wood(s) do you currently play? PowerBilt Air Force One Air Foil

2. What is your driver swing speed? 87 MPH

3. What do you look for in fairway woods? This is my go to club on Par 5's as I love to hit it off the deck. I also use it on some holes that have acute doglegs where the fairay is less than 200 yds.

4. How well do you hit fairway woods off the short grass? I have a nice sweeping swing that can pick up the ball off the deck in the fairway and project it 200 yds.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am new to THP, but am currently testing Vision golf balls from another site. I play several times per week so I have access to plenty of testing and my home course has a decent range.

I hope we see more sign ups, this is a great opportunity!

They really are a great club; I was thoroughly impressed at demo day!

Just bc it's not a major OEM like TM or CALLY - you really want to try these, I promise you'll be impressed.

Yea it is.

Even if you're testing something else, why not throw your name in the hat? There's no reason no to imo.

Yea it is.

Even if you're testing something else, why not throw your name in the hat? There's no reason no to imo.

Because it does not say Callaway, Nike, TaylorMade, Titleist, etc...We are not going to fool ourselves into thinking that its a timing thing and some people are just so happy with their FW Woods that they are afraid it will mess with their game.

THP takes notice of who signs up for everything and is always willing to help forum members and readers out with reviews, and those that sign up here and there for certain things they want. Its their choice and nothing more should be expected. But we do keep lists, just as we do forum activity and more. Testing is something fun and at the same time about reviews. We all know that if we did not name the FW Wood, or said it was the Nike blah blah blah, or Taylormade Blah blah blah we would see double the signups by now. Its part of the deal, but we leave our testing open for every company because we believe every company deserves true unbiased reviews from consumers for consumers.

The sad part is is that this FW could probably help out a lot of people with their game.

Because it does not say Callaway, Nike, TaylorMade, Titleist, etc...We are not going to fool ourselves into thinking that its a timing thing and some people are just so happy with their FW Woods that they are afraid it will mess with their game.

I think you are 100% correct and really it shouldn't be about what is in your bag at the moment. It's about the opportunity to test golf equipment. Heck I have 2 different 3 woods at the moment and I enjoy both of them, yet I'd love the opportunity to test another fairway wood.

It really is a tremendous opportunity to test what I'm sure is a great club. Boccieri makes some wonderful products and were really ahead of the curve as far as the benefits of backweighting.

It is outstanding that companies like Boccieri, Nicklaus, Yonex, and others are allowing us to test products for them and provide honest feedback.

THP takes notice of who signs up for everything and is always willing to help forum members and readers out with reviews, and those that sign up here and there for certain things they want. Its their choice and nothing more should be expected. But we do keep lists, just as we do forum activity and more. Testing is something fun and at the same time about reviews. We all know that if we did not name the FW Wood, or said it was the Nike blah blah blah, or Taylormade Blah blah blah we would see double the signups by now. Its part of the deal, but we leave our testing open for every company because we believe every company deserves true unbiased reviews from consumers for consumers.

That is a shame, as this is one of the most interesting opportunities for testing just due to the fact that the company seems to interact with the testers and really make this a unique experience. I really hope people dont let this one pass by, I really think they would be missing out on something special. Just my two cents...

For me it really is a timing issue. My bag has been completely overhauled in the last month and everything has been replaced. Most of that is down to the Forum reviews of Irons, Woods etc.

I would love to try out a Boccieri product, I put my name down for the driver testing. I stand by my reason as to why I am not putting my name down this time and it is 100% down to only just getting my bag set up and nothing to do with the product not being a Nike, TaylorMade OEM etc etc. If this jeopardises my chance in the future to be selected to test products then I will have to live with it.

I could have deleted my original post and put my name down after seeing your post but I am not going to, I stand by my decision and my honest reasoning as to why I have not put my name down.

I personally have nothing against any OEM's out there and if circumstances were different I would honestly kill to try this 3w out.

It's a shame at the few signups with all the positive reviews boccieri has been getting with the heavy driver and irons. I'm personally struggling with my 3w at the moment to the point where I'm just not using it at the moment. I'd love a shot at this, but I'm LH. For the ones on the fence, just because it's not one of the larger OEM's doesn't mean it's not a quality product!

I could have deleted my original post and put my name down after seeing your post but I am not going to, I stand by my decision and my honest reasoning as to why I have not put my name down.

I personally have nothing against any OEM's out there and if circumstances were different I would honestly kill to try this 3w out.

Mike,
It was not a post to call anybody out. It was a post of comparisons. Look at the different signups for Nike irons, Taylormade irons, etc etc. And then look at this one.

Well gee, I'll throw my name in. I thought not doing it this time was the right thing to do, but I'd love a chance at this. It has nothing what so ever to do with name brand.

My entry will ne in as soon as I get back to the laptop.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Mike,
It was not a post to call anybody out. It was a post of comparisons. Look at the different signups for Nike irons, Taylormade irons, etc etc. And then look at this one.

Sorry JB, I took it the wrong way. I do see what you are saying and it is a shame that there hasn't been a shed load more sign ups. Had this been a month ago my name would have been down in a shot

I haven't read all the posts but I think I have an idea of what's up.

Morgan Cup prep and I'd love to be testing anything Boccieri. It's such a fantastic opportunity and one that everyone needs to look at. I can't really say anything that JB, GG or anyone hasn't said. We all learn so much from larger forum testing because of the different backgrounds, anyone who is willing to sign up can help out more than they know. These company's putting out equipment deserve a honest review and everyone can help.

Mike,

Its a shame really. The tech in these clubs WILL help people, period. I was convinced to try the hybrid by the outing and forum review and it changed my game, period. I would kill to get to try the FW knowing what I know about the tech and what it can do for a weak part of my game. Its a shame peopel cannot get over "names", its about getting the ball in the hole in the lowest amount of strokes not if its a "major" company or not.

C'mon people!!!

Another thing, someone actually gave this thread 1-star last night, are you kidding me? I put in my 5-star vote as soon as I saw that, crap like that irks me to no end!

It's amazing to me that this still has be said. These test opportunities are one of a kind. Where else can you go to personally test and offer opinions on various golf clubs, shoes, equipment? Not just once in awhile but these are afforded to us multiple times a month.
Throw you hat in the ring and be happy to be picked or if not, read from those that are picked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back