When Do You Play?

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
What is your favorite time to get out for a round?

I go out on Sunday afternoons. Great way to cap off a weekend.

any time after 11am when the prices drop

Whenever I can.

Mostly weeknights during the summer, and then weekends during the winter.

Morning is the best IMO, i always make my tee time for between 7am-9am and if thats not open whenever i can. I like playing after 6pm as well

As close to 7am on Sunday morning as I can, too much later and the back 9 is just brutal in the heat.

Every chance I get

If just for fun: early as heck. 6am is great.
In tournaments: 10am is perfect.

Any.Chance.I.Get!

If just for fun: early as heck. 6am is great.
In tournaments: 10am is perfect.

I am with you on the early as possible. I will try to get out between 6am and 7am.

Any time I can. With a wife who works pt evenings and 2 little girls its hard to squeeze in rounds. I usually play 18 after work on Thursday afternoons but prefer the 7am Saturday morning slot.

I tell you this though... I am buying my girls junior sets and my wife a set of clubs by next spring :) Hopefully it becomes a family thing!

As close to the sunrise as I can. Today was 6:27 am.

Depends on the day. Weekends I'm starting to like 6-7am starts as it leaves the rest of the day open, weekdays tend to be late afternoon.

Whenever I can. My favorite time to play is either a Monday or Tuesday morning and one of the first tee times of the day. Less crowd and less heat=awesome

Any time I can. With a wife who works pt evenings and 2 little girls its hard to squeeze in rounds. I usually play 18 after work on Thursday afternoons but prefer the 7am Saturday morning slot.

I tell you this though... I am buying my girls junior sets and my wife a set of clubs by next spring :) Hopefully it becomes a family thing!

Good plan. It's the best.

Either during the week, on the weekend, or both. Favorite is 8:00ish Saturday morning with men's club, then 1:00 to 1:30 with my females.

Kevin

I like getting out in early in the morning before the course gets crowded. I always try to tee off around 8am on Sundays.
It depends upon the course though. If a course offers reduced rates for evening golf, Im all for that too!

My favorite golfing day is Mondays, since my golfing buddy and I have the day off. As far as time of day, in Arizona you need to tee off before 8am or the heat becomes unbearable.

Whenever I can.

Ditto. With a 2 month old baby right now I'll play whenever I can - day, night, rain, shine, hot, cold, etc. :)

I'll play anytime really as long as it's a good deal. Don't really like the later rounds though just cause of dinner time but the weather is usually so much nicer.

Ditto. With a 2 month old baby right now I'll play whenever I can - day, night, rain, shine, hot, cold, etc. :)

Hahaha. I know that feeling. Last year, I literally played in the rain like 15 times as it was the best time for an empty course so I could speed through and get back home to the youngster.

Hawk, I'm really starting to hate your signature haha

Oddly, I'm getting more and more used to it.

I hate it at work though. It's hard to hide a big gyrating bird from nosy neighbors.

I play at around 4:00pm everyday during the week. We have skins on Saturday and Sunday mornings at 8:00am. I about always go back in the late afternoon on both weekend days to play again.

Early Sunday morning or anytime after 3 during the week. I have one more hell week of work than its back to 5am-2:30pm.

I'll play anytime. It doesn't matter to me.

Back