What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my third straight solid round today with a 38/39-77 at my new club. best round ive had there since i joined. i was ripping my driver off the tees and today i was more consistent from 100 yds out. i played my round today with the Penta TP instead of the gamer and realized how much i missed it

Solid round phil, I cannot imagine alternating between the Penta and the Gamer, I really like the way the Penta plays, it is my 2nd favorite ball right now.

Don't think I could be much more pumped after a round than I am right now. Some local guys invited me to play a course that I have only been lucky enough to play a few times. This is a rather tough course and I was pretty apprehensive when I got there to find we were teeing off from the blacks, (tips). I'm anything but long with any club, but I consider myself a competitor and can generally stay with most, even hitting from behind them which is exactly how things went today. Pretty much new to me course, I shot 42/41 and can't say I putted worth a darn, but more than happy with the outcome. I hit almost every fairway, missed a few greens, but scrambled well on the front. The back found my iron game and I started hitting greens along with fairways and it was game on. Had my standard putting held up I know I would have shot mid to upper 30's on the back.

Anytime I can shoot low 80's on this type course from the tips I'd call it a solid round. Add in some really nice guys to play with and its a wonderful day.

Congrats duey, always gets me pumped up to play a particularly difficult course and play it pretty well, next time you are scheduled to play there give yourself 30 extra minutes on the practice green and you will bump into the 70's.

Congrats duey, always gets me pumped up to play a particularly difficult course and play it pretty well, next time you are scheduled to play there give yourself 30 extra minutes on the practice green and you will bump into the 70's.

Thanks DD and you nailed that one. The guy who invited me called as I was pulling in to inform me he gave me the wrong time and they were already teeing off. I had to run to the first tee cold. First couple holes were pretty ugly, but things settled a bit after that.

Happy for ya buddy! I shot 76 today and for the first time in my life shot in the 70's the last two weekends.. Consecutive weekends in the 70's both Saturday/Sunday is a dream month for me. I have had more rounds in the 70's this month than ever in my life so my golf right now is shocking to me. I shot 38 on the front and thought for a moment about breaking my personal record and then put it out of my mind. The secret was one hole at a time and I birdied the last two holes to shoot 38 again!

Good golf going on there, better bring that to Blairsville with you. Probably won't be enough but bring it anyway.

Bad day for me, 39-42 81. The best thing that happened today was the long wait on the sixteenth tee. We heard a commotion in the pines next to us, maybe 5 yards away. Up in the tree was a large hawk trying to catch a squirrel in the tree. The hawk was having a hard time getting around in the limbs as the squirrel kept going around the tree. The hawk was pretty sharp though and every time he lost track he just sat and waited until his intended supper showed up again. The squirrel finally made it into an adjacent tree with the hawk in hot pursuit. The game went on in that tree but the squirrel was running out of options, it was the last tree in the line of pines. As he started down the tree to the ground, I thought to myself that squirrel is a goner when he hits the ground running. As the hawk dove toward the squirrel, the squirrel surprised us all. He made a jump for the water cooler holder, made it and ran in the opening and around behind the water cooler. We finally got to hit and as we left the tee, the hawk was sitting in the pine watching the water cooler "like a hawk". I wanted to fill my bottle but was not about to go over to the cooler.

Good golf going on there, better bring that to Blairsville with you. Probably won't be enough but bring it anyway.

Bad day for me, 39-42 81. The best thing that happened today was the long wait on the sixteenth tee. We heard a commotion in the pines next to us, maybe 5 yards away. Up in the tree was a large hawk trying to catch a squirrel in the tree. The hawk was having a hard time getting around in the limbs as the squirrel kept going around the tree. The hawk was pretty sharp though and every time he lost track he just sat and waited until his intended supper showed up again. The squirrel finally made it into an adjacent tree with the hawk in hot pursuit. The game went on in that tree but the squirrel was running out of options, it was the last tree in the line of pines. As he started down the tree to the ground, I thought to myself that squirrel is a goner when he hits the ground running. As the hawk dove toward the squirrel, the squirrel surprised us all. He made a jump for the water cooler holder, made it and ran in the opening and around behind the water cooler. We finally got to hit and as we left the tee, the hawk was sitting in the pine watching the water cooler "like a hawk". I wanted to fill my bottle but was not about to go over to the cooler.

I didn't realize an 81 is a bad day haha!!

Shot 37-43=80 today with yoccos, c0ncept, and redlynetheory. Never met any thp'ers before today. Had a fun time, minus almost losing my life several times by the hands of the group behind us. 3 dbls, 3 penalty strokes and no birdies. Didn't hit anything well or consistently. Bleh. Had a great time tho!

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

shot a quality 71 in the final round of my club championship, best shot a 244 yd 3metal that rattled the pin for a tap in eagle on the last hole, got a nice round of applause from the gallery, lifted me into a tie for fourth

42 / 43 = 85 28 putts

Solid round phil, I cannot imagine alternating between the Penta and the Gamer, I really like the way the Penta plays, it is my 2nd favorite ball right now.

it took about 4 holes to get used to the greenside spin on the penta again, but once i got it back, it was fun flying right at the pin again

Played 9 holes today and shot pretty decent. Got to use the Cleveland FL 5W and loved it, but man, it has serious distance. Cost me a couple strokes but was a lot of fun.

9 holes in 32, -5. Birdied 1-2-3-5-6.

Shot an 87 Sunday, 48-39. I was just terrible on the front. Was hitting the ball pretty bad. Had one good shot but missed the 8ft birdie putt. Back was much better. Couldn't get my birdies to fall but stuck the ball much better. The bogies should have been pars as they were lip outs.

I can't say this course is all that long at 6500 from the tips, but it's very tight with a lot up up and down. Sand is something I never get to play, but this course has plenty and I was in it three times, but found my way out and close all three times. Putting really cost me bad today, but this course is known for very subtle breaks that are extremely hard to read.

It's funny how some folks equate a short golf course to always being easy because of the length. Sometimes that could not be further from the truth. I played one last Friday that was not a beast in length but it had some of the tightest fairways and landing areas you could possibly imagine. Short layouts does not always = easy.

It's funny how some folks equate a short golf course to always being easy because of the length. Sometimes that could not be further from the truth. I played one last Friday that was not a beast in length but it had some of the tightest fairways and landing areas you could possibly imagine. Short layouts does not always = easy.

couldn't agree more i played one with the THP summer get together up here in reading i think it was the shortest course i ever played and was VERY tough the greens were very small and very tough to putt on.

shot par on my local chip and putt this morning. only 9 holes and most holes are around 100-120 but my short game is finally getting better and i was really pin seeking today since it was still wet. feels great to work on something so hard and see the fruits of your labor. playing 18 this afternoon at a new course with my instructor should be a good time.

I hear ya OG. A course I play quite regularly down here isnt the longest by any means, but has water in play on 17/18 holes, tight fairways, blind doglegs. It's tough, and definitely takes the driver out of your hand.

I didn't realize an 81 is a bad day haha!!

OOPS, I didn't elaborate. It was a bad day because of all the missed putts, not the score. The score is not far off my average, 79.7 since June 1.

So sick of putting poorly...the ball has just quit going in the hole, it hits the lip and spins out or I leave it an inch short, etc. But, this too shall pass...

93 on a new-to-me course right around the corner. Only two 3 putts!

Driver was slicing like crazy, so I hit mostly irons off the tees. That was frustrating.

I played really well, if you don't count the 7 lost balls. Giving me a grand total of 100. Irons were very good, driver and 3 wood were a disaster. Oddly the driver was great for 8 holes then the dreaded slice came back with a vengeance. And this course punishes a righthander with a slice.

Shot a stupid 78 today. +4 through 15 holes, then finished double-bogie-bogie with 2 trees hit and a 3-putt. Still a good round for me, but had the potential to be great.

I shot a 95 at Kokopelli here in AZ. It was one of my worst rounds in awhile- way way too many horrible shots.

I shot a 95 at Kokopelli here in AZ. It was one of my worst rounds in awhile- way way too many horrible shots.

Thats not too bad for that course...it can really tear you apart sometimes.

I enjoyed today a bunch. Solid round with highs and low's, great weather to say the least and good company. It was a tale of two sides, but even that didn't matter once I added up the card. Even par 36 on the front with 14 putts, 40 on the back with 17 for a total 76 on the round. My longest drive was only 236 yards, but I was able to convert from almost anywhere. Chipping was down right crazy good and I had a few really solid long putts for what turned out to be a nice, To me, round.

I was 2 over after 16...then my dad decided to come pick me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back