Worst golf day of my life

Jesus guys!!! I was merely saying get a Dang police report! Good luck with the claim! Done with this thread... Possibly this forum!

Relax....

Sorry to hear about that OP. I'm scared this is going happen every time I leave my clubs outside. I always try to keep them in my sight now.

Its stuff like this that really upsets me. Golf is supposed to be a classy, gentlemans game and to have a perfect afternoon ruined by an ass hole like this even upsets me. Glad to see you are getting stuff replaced and may god bless you man

Sorry to hear about this man :(. This would be devastating. I need to stop trusting a bag boy with my clubs from now on and leaving my clubs unattended.

IMO bag drops need to be patroled better, especially since they're at nicer courses. There's a nice course near my home where a thief in a nice car - a BMW M3 - drove up to unmanned bag drop, looked over the bags of clubs, picked out which set he wanted, pick it up, put it in his car and drove away. Yes, there was a camera, but to my knowledge the thief was never caught.

I have to drop my bag outside at a range I go to that is not in the best of areas and I am always worried about my sticks. I really feel for you, I would have been in total shock.

Worst. Cart. Boy. Ever. He obviously knew it was your bag, because he knew who to come tell about the mishap... he didn't think to run after the guy to get a license plate number. D-bag.

Sorry to hear that man!

My thoughts exactly, thieves are the lowest, but a course ought to show a little responsibility too. I'd definitely be talking with the GM of the course before all is said and done.

I don't mean this as in showing off or anything but I have found my worst days now are shooting in the 90s. I know people struggle with breaking 100 and even 90 and I mean nothing towards their personal game but my worst days include more than 1 double and usually a triple. During the round I feel like I want to quit the game forever but after the round I consider myself lucky. Lucky enough to be able to shoot lower than 100 and even 90s.

I don't mean this as in showing off or anything but I have found my worst days now are shooting in the 90s. I know people struggle with breaking 100 and even 90 and I mean nothing towards their personal game but my worst days include more than 1 double and usually a triple. During the round I feel like I want to quit the game forever but after the round I consider myself lucky. Lucky enough to be able to shoot lower than 100 and even 90s.

Epic skim. :D

I take it you didn't read the first post?

Uh..??? Lol

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Epic skim. :D

I take it you didn't read the first post?

Uh..??? Lol

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

You just won the award for worst skim ever. I understand skimming some of the posts but you didn't even read the first post just the title of the thread haha.

Last edited:
Stories like this are exactly why I almost NEVER leave my bag out of eyesight.. I don't know what I'd do.

Sorry OP, must have been an absolutely brutal feeling.

Sorry to hear about your day. Just a little tip when ever we go to a course we pay first then take the cart back to the car and load up so clubs are not just sitting out can happen any were i guess . A few years ago there were some people held up at gun point on a green at a course in the city???

You just won the award for worst skim ever. I understanding skimming some of the posts but you didn't even read the first post just the title of the thread haha.

LMAO - top 10 threads of the year. Hands down!!

I feel for you man, that really blows.

You just won the award for worst skim ever. I understanding skimming some of the posts but you didn't even read the first post just the title of the thread haha.

LMAO - top 10 threads of the year. Hands down!!

Have to agree, this has to top the top ten skim lists ever. They need to read this on ESPN or something.

Welcome to THP, hope you get something done through insurance, legally, and hope its not ALL Nike, lol. Take your time and try everything so you get what works out best for you by the numbers, your game will thank you later. I myself have never been ripped off in this way, but I think about it all the time. Good luck to you!

Is it just me or does there seem to be more golf bag/equipment thefts lately?

I'm sorry for your loss.

WOW! TC1, That could be the most impressive skim I have ever seen! Impressive.

Im sorry but after reading this again I cant help but think that that cart boy should be fired...If you know that someone is picking up a bag that isnt theirs DONT LET THEM...I really feel bad for you man thats just plain sucky that it happened. I think that you should talk to the course manager about the cart boy being fired and mention about how the cart boy handled things to the police because I would be shocked if he wasnt in on things. Good luck with everything!

So, i recently started playing golf again after not playing since high school. I had been playing a complete set of topflites i got at sports authority. I have disposable income, so i decided to allow myself to go nuts. After reading this forum for a while, i put together a pretty nice bag.

Nike machspeed black driver
nike sq2 4 wood
nike machspeed 3 hybrid
4-pw, aw 2009 nike victory red irons
vr pro 56, 60
nike method putter

All rolled up in a nice nike sq sumo2 staff bag.

I played about 15 rounds with this setup. Absolutely loved it.

This past saturday i went to a new course I had not played before. Walked up to the clubhouse, dropped my bag at the bag drop next to my buddy's bag. I walked inside to pay, and 30 seconds after I did, the cart boy walks in and asked if i had a 3rd. I said no and he informed me someone was running up the hill with my bag.

They got to the top of the hill, hopped in a car and took off. Gone without a trace. The guy in the pro shop said he would let me use a set of rentals at no charge. What a great deal, huh? Didnt even so much as offer anything in the way of an apology or any type of sympathy. He more or less just didnt want me to call the cops (which I did).

Oh well, rant over. That was definitely up there on my list of worst days in recent memory. Anyone ever have this happen?

That really sux. Sorry to hear about your clubs. There are a couple places I play at where the bag drop is further from any line of sight. It worries me to leave my bag there. People don't realize how much money is tied up in a golf bag.

Which course were you playing?

:beat-up::angel::egyptian::joy::popcorn::poop:

Um okay...

Im sorry but after reading this again I cant help but think that that cart boy should be fired...If you know that someone is picking up a bag that isnt theirs DONT LET THEM...I really feel bad for you man thats just plain sucky that it happened. I think that you should talk to the course manager about the cart boy being fired and mention about how the cart boy handled things to the police because I would be shocked if he wasnt in on things. Good luck with everything!

Without knowing the specifics, the cart boy (who is probably 18 years old, and paid $8 an hour) is supposed to chase down the guy and fight him for the clubs Then is the OP going to pay for his injuries when he gets his butt kicked? Sounds like he did the right thing, came inside and notified the OP, so he could handle it. The guy is a bag boy, not armed security.

I did read the OP after I posted...I figured it was too late to change my post lol

Back