Future of Product Testing on THP

Great review guys, well done. :alien:

JB, could you maybe give me an example of quality feedback? Say on a driver review that I have never used or seen in person. I would like to step up my game in this department and give some better feedback to the testers. Sometimes I find it a little hard when I am not familiar with the product and therefore struggle with what to say. I would really appreciate some advice or suggestions.

Something more than "great review" comes to mind.
Take anything from the actual review you are reading and say something about it is a big deal to people. Less on the home page as much as on the forum. But reviews are all reviews.

Exactly, rather than telling someone "great job" tell them why they are doing a great job. Tell them which part of their review really stuck with you and why and tell them if a part of their review could use some work.

Exactly, rather than telling someone "great job" tell them why they are doing a great job. Tell them which part of their review really stuck with you and why and tell them if a part of their review could use some work.

Great post GG, I really love how you come in here with fresh perspective, and proper grammer. What I really came away with was the word "stuck" that you used. That really felt appropreate in that context and I enjoyed it very much.

Big thanks to JB, i never knew I could listen to the radio shows and go in thehomepage with my phone, I had tunnel vision with tapatalk.. I'm stoked for some more radio shows

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

I was wondering the same thing, that explains quite a bit from my chair as well. Thanks to THP for all that they do, I'm sure without a doubt they don't sleep too much! Especially trying to juggle all the wonderful testing opportunities out there.
To the bolded, That answeres any questions i may have had.

Thanks for the update GG I have learned from testing two products that it is a lot harder than it seems. I have been thankful for being chosen twice but I know I can and will do better with reviewing I didn't think it was this much work till you are actually chosen.

Its good to see a new rule in place hopefully it won't have to be implemented but if it must have it must.

I am happy to see that people are embracing this new policy. It's not something I wanted to do but after several long talks with the companies it has been agreed upon that this will be in full effect going forward.

I like this policy and am real glad to see it going into effect.

I like the new policy. I enjoyed my previous testing so much that I couldn't wait to post feedback after each round. I think we all enjoy reading other THPers feedback as well, so making sure there is more consistent feedback from the testers is better for everyone.

Good new policy. Hopefully this will stop any and all members that join only for contests/testing. This forum is so much more than that and the testing is a great way to learn about new things in the golf world. I've learned more about golf, and equipment specifically, in my month or so of being active on this forum than I had in my whole life. I love reading the feedback on product testing!

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

When I joined THP I was just looking for some good and thoughtful golf related discussion with my fellow golfers. When I found out about all the product testing I was astonished at the amazing things THP is doing for both the companies and the members. The new policy really cements an understanding of the goal and direction these reviews are intended to take. I'm excited to see what product tests are waiting around the corner!

Received a lot of PMs in the last few hours about product testing and getting selected for product testing. I will say again that the criteria for being a tester on THP still has not changed in that the #1 way to get selected for equipment testing is to be active on the forums.

Each forum testing has different criteria as well and usually some questions involved, but the #1 thing each and every time is activity level.

Sounds like a perfectly fair policy to me. Suggestions are usually helpful. On some testing threads it seems that the testers are just talking amongst themselves mostly, without much in the way of feedback or questions. I realize that certain testing threads will always get more attention, but feedback would helpful. I find in the testing that I am involved in right now, that trying to come up with something fresh, or even pertinent, isn't all that easy. Certainly don't want to keep posting the same stuff over and over.

I like the new policy. The reviews from normal golfers just like me is how I found THP and the first time I was on the site I read for about 5 hours straight. I love everything THP brings to the people here and the reviews of almost everything golf related by normal golfers is a very big reason why.

This is an interesting suggestion. Yes, that would be a lot of work but I am always up for extra work if it helps the forum. My only concern is that people will take what they see as 'correct' and just mimic it without using any personal creativity. There isn't 1 set in stone way to do things, but it could be used as a guideline as long as people know it is just that, a guideline. Let me think about this one some more.
Yeah, every review and every reviewer is different. Nothing can be set in stone because every person and every product is different. Sometimes a text review is best, sometimes it's pictures and sometimes it's videos. (I have 3 more videos going up in the Greensaver thread shortly, btw).

Great. Perfect way to handle it in my opinion.

I agree with everyone else. It sounds like a great idea.

This is a great idea and something I have heard from several testers. When they aren't getting responses they feel it's time to stop the testing. This is the same issue we get with our homepage articles. We bust our butts to write those reviews and articles and only a small percentage of the forum members ever comment. We actually get more hits on the homepage then we do the forum and we know people are reading the articles, but having that reassurance that we are doing a good job, or giving us criticism on what we need to do better really helps. It keeps the motivation alive.

I would love to see more comments, questions and overall interaction from the other forum members.

I feel that in the Burner 2.0 thread, we have had quite a bit of good questions, but the whole thread has died lately. I think it may have to do with the fact that this was a second testing of the products. Some people have come in and interacted with us, and have asked great questions, and have even told us that our feedback has helped them make the purchase. When I go in there and no one has replied to my post, it's like you said GG; it's really nice to know that what you're saying is being read, and when you don't know, it takes motivation away.

I fully agree with the new rule though. Things can even come up sometimes that may keep a fully capable person from doing a great job, which was my case early on. When every water pipe, and the air conditioning break in your 50 year old home, it makes money extremely tight. In hindsight, I probably should have sent my clubs back for someone else to test, but I wanted to keep on trying. Luckily, things have turned around, and I will be able to get out and play much more often, and give THP, TaylorMade, and everyone else the feedback they deserve. I would like to ask anyone who has any interest in these irons, any questions about them, or even owns them and can add their 2 cents worth, to please come in and help us keep this thread going strong.

I feel that in the Burner 2.0 thread, we have had quite a bit of good questions, but the whole thread has died lately. I think it may have to do with the fact that this was a second testing of the products. Some people have come in and interacted with us, and have asked great questions, and have even told us that our feedback has helped them make the purchase. When I go in there and no one has replied to my post, it's like you said GG; it's really nice to know that what you're saying is being read, and when you don't know, it takes motivation away.

I have to say that I dont really agree. A review thread dies because reviewers stop putting up information. Testers need to remember they are not just reviewing for the forum, but for the thousands that find that thread via organic search. I will ask the same question to you that I asked above. How often have you read and commented on the home page reviews? Should they stop because forum members dont read or comment on them?

Being the 2nd testing should have nothing to do it with it because these golfers were not the same that tested the first time. Its not about giving people what they want to read, but about giving as much in depth information about the clubs and technology to help them make an honest and informed decision.

This is getting off the main purpose of the thread, but I gotta ask, in addition to replying to the reviews, the radio shows, etc., how many people "Like" or Retweet or Share on Facebook these articles and shows? That's also a good way to get this oinformation out to the masses. I don't know if the people I am friends with pay any attention to the THP articles I post on my FB page, but I know if I didn't do it, then for sure none of them would see them.

Great idea for a new policy and well stated. Like others mentioned the testing of equipment is a serious undertaking and should be treated as such.

Tapping my way down the highway

This is getting off the main purpose of the thread, but I gotta ask, in addition to replying to the reviews, the radio shows, etc., how many people "Like" or Retweet or Share on Facebook these articles and shows? That's also a good way to get this oinformation out to the masses. I don't know if the people I am friends with pay any attention to the THP articles I post on my FB page, but I know if I didn't do it, then for sure none of them would see them.

Almost nobody.

If I like a thread or write up, yes I will retweet or 'like' on FB. I get feed back from my friends and followers. I know some other members that I follow also retweet. Great way to extend the forum to the masses.

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

You all know that you can "Like" threads too?

I always like threads on fb, and I mention THP on Twitter
When I'm on
I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

I have to say that I dont really agree. A review thread dies because reviewers stop putting up information. Testers need to remember they are not just reviewing for the forum, but for the thousands that find that thread via organic search. I will ask the same question to you that I asked above. How often have you read and commented on the home page reviews? Should they stop because forum members dont read or comment on them?

Being the 2nd testing should have nothing to do it with it because these golfers were not the same that tested the first time. Its not about giving people what they want to read, but about giving as much in depth information about the clubs and technology to help them make an honest and informed decision.

I think it's a little of both, but probably more of what you said. I mean any thread will die without information being put up, and that's what was happening no doubt. And I'm definitely aware of how many people other than just members find these reviews. I saw many of them prior to becoming a member, and I have sent many people this way by posting a link on TaylorMade's Facebook multiple times. As far as reading the home page reviews, I've been reading a lot of them lately. I sometimes comment, and I sometimes send a PM to the poster with questions I might have that maybe weren't covered, or I came up with. On that same note, if no one at all was reading them, don't you agree that the motivation would not be there to keep on writing? I'm not saying they should stop in any way, because I enjoy reading them. I mean, there is a a reason they were hired to test and post about these products, and it's because they do a heck of a job with it. Please don't ever stop doing that.

Back