TaylorMade Metal Woods - Morgan Cup Staff

Its frustrating buddy, to take it like I did down there, everyday. I'm not as thick skinned as I need to be, delete my last 10 posts.

I'll only post information from now on when I play with THPers. My word means nothing clearly, after being active on here for two golf seasons :(

I would not go that far at all dude. People are going to ask questions of things that just seem way out the norm. If I came on the forum tomorrow and said I was blasting 295 yard drives consistanly I think everyone would have a ton of questions for me but thats part of throwing your results out there. You have to be ready. I've hit some big drives before and had a round where I hit all big drives. If people paid attention to the post I made about it they most likely had questions and its not because I haven't been an active member here. Some things are going to be really hard to see and thats just that. The nature of this forum is to break down the results.

Something went catastrophically wrong in here and I think we all need to move on. I don't think anyone maliciously meant to hurt anyone's feelings. People had questions and responses and questions were taken out of context. This happens a lot on the web because we can't tell tone. Let's put this behind us, have a massive internet bro hug and move on.

My best drives withthe Kai li were 275-285. I pied one out there with the guys in cincy out driving Canadan at 293.

He most certainly did, and it was straight line GPS distance from the tee.

I hit mine pretty solid out to about 275ish (with -2 yards of roll) and you were more than likely about 15 yards ahead of me. Albeit you did get some GREAT roll on that shot, I really don't see how that matters. 293 is 293.

Do I think cg could find an aftermarket shaft to increase his overall numbers by around 20-30 yards? Sure, why not.. I bet if I took the time to find a shaft that lowered my launch angle and backspin I could easily match those numbers. Why not him?

Last edited:
lol @ massive Internet bro hug. Cg13 you're a good dude bro. I'll tee it up with you and you'r TM clubs anytime.

Tapatalk: Romosexuals use it too

For the record I'm not "busting" on anyone, I just question things I consider to be far from the norm. It is what it is. I just wanted to make it clear I wasn't trashing anyone.

At this point I will defer to GG's wishes and stop discussing it.

For the record I'm not "busting" on anyone, I just question things I consider to be far from the norm. It is what it is. I just wanted to make it clear I wasn't trashing anyone.

At this point I will defer to GG's wishes and stop discussing it.

That's why I wrote what I did because I don't think you were either. But it was clear that this thread was just going to keep going in circles of people getting defensive, then people trying to defend themselves and it would just keep going around and around so I thought the best thing to do was hug it out and move on.

That's why I wrote what I did because I don't think you were either. But it was clear that this thread was just going to keep going in circles of people getting defensive, then people trying to defend themselves and it would just keep going around and around so I thought the best thing to do was hug it out and move on.

I hear yah.

Morgan Cup 3 wood update: This might be the most consistant club in my bag, and I use it off the tee, about 50% of the time. I'm hitting it about 220 most of the time and it the fairway always. I think this is the easiest to hit FW I have ever owned, and is just a low launching fairway finder, with this shaft in it. Oh and the fact that it looks amazing helps too, I love pulling it from my bag and seeing the white crown and it brings a smile to my face knowing I have a FIR and probably a GIR in my future. If you are in the market for a new FW I think everyone should give this guy a shot, its just a beast.

CB. I also love the 3w. I have it set to higher and ASP set to open. I hit nice low draws with it. I can hit it from the tee or the FW easily. In fact I played in a scramble last week and hit it on the green from 267y!!! It is a monster. Love it.

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

CB. I also love the 3w. I have it set to higher and ASP set to open. I hit nice low draws with it. I can hit it from the tee or the FW easily. In fact I played in a scramble last week and hit it on the green from 267y!!! It is a monster. Love it.

Thats awesome buddy! I'm playing later today when I get off work, and this guy is going to be hit a lot. I love the HD6 in this 3 wood.

Thats awesome buddy! I'm playing later today when I get off work, and this guy is going to be hit a lot. I love the HD6 in this 3 wood.

I have the HD7 in both the driver and 3w, and I love it in the 3w, in the driver...eh... Not so much. Lol. I may try a reshaft there to see if I can improve it a bit.

Yes I said "eh"

Ive developed a bug fade with my 3w where I used to hook it. Not sure where it's coming from, I wish I had one miss to deal with and diagnose, but it seems with every new change a new miss develops.

Killing the driver like it's nobody's business! I'm loving my new found faith in the driver swing. I always held back like it was an iron swing, 3/4 at most. And while that's good for my iron accuracy, the increased SS taking it back to parallel has given me distance gains I am proud of.

I'm curious what I'm swinging it at now, and hoped to make it to golftecs launch monitor tomorrow but still waiting on ATT to get here and hook up my internet... So another day wasted tomorrow waiting on em. Did have a great range session today,

The feel of the r11 when hit on the screws is fantastic. I much prefer it to the supertri of last year. Even the sound is significantly better, I really like the sound they put in the woods this year.

I've set my driver back to STD, across the board in an attempt to fine tune my swing. I don't like hiding flaws so my misses right when swinging harder are forcing me close the face sooner I think. Rather than adjust the club to do that.

Hope I can iron this down and i may not need a new driver for awhile, as it looks like I'm gaming this bag for at least a year to come.

For all the ridicule the r11 has on it's forgiveness, I still think I see decent results when I don't pure it. Had a few hooks that still got to 190-200. But I really should stay away from posting numbers, I don't like where that leads.

Rescue11 18*:

I have been hitting my 18* really well lately. It used to give me fits when I first started swinging it, so much that I actually rarely hit it. Something must have clicked in FL because I hit it so well that I can see it getting a lot more "swing time". I used it on the tee for several holes during the MC and found the fairway each time. I was seeing a higher ball flight with a small draw. I also hit it from the fairway and saw similar results. I don't know what clicked down there, but I like it. I hit it some more today on the range and saw much of the same. I plan on incorporating this more into my game now, especially on shorter par 4's from the tee box. I may start going after some more par 5's in 2 now that I have some confidence with this club. I think the key to this club is to not over swing. Putting a nice and smooth swing on it, a la Freddy Couples, yields great results.

Ive developed a bug fade with my 3w where I used to hook it. Not sure where it's coming from, I wish I had one miss to deal with and diagnose, but it seems with every new change a new miss develops.

Killing the driver like it's nobody's business! I'm loving my new found faith in the driver swing. I always held back like it was an iron swing, 3/4 at most. And while that's good for my iron accuracy, the increased SS taking it back to parallel has given me distance gains I am proud of.

I'm curious what I'm swinging it at now, and hoped to make it to golftecs launch monitor tomorrow but still waiting on ATT to get here and hook up my internet... So another day wasted tomorrow waiting on em. Did have a great range session today,

The feel of the r11 when hit on the screws is fantastic. I much prefer it to the supertri of last year. Even the sound is significantly better, I really like the sound they put in the woods this year.

I've set my driver back to STD, across the board in an attempt to fine tune my swing. I don't like hiding flaws so my misses right when swinging harder are forcing me close the face sooner I think. Rather than adjust the club to do that.

Hope I can iron this down and i may not need a new driver for awhile, as it looks like I'm gaming this bag for at least a year to come.

For all the ridicule the r11 has on it's forgiveness, I still think I see decent results when I don't pure it. Had a few hooks that still got to 190-200. But I really should stay away from posting numbers, I don't like where that leads.

Matt, if I was you I would stay off the launch monitors and stop looking at the freaking GPS. You have some game, now play some golf. STOP thinking about your golf swing, stop thinking about how far you are hitting or can hit it, and get out there and score. You hook one? So what, hit the next one up by the green and get up and down. Don't worry about why you hooked it. Top it? Big freakin' deal. Slam a 3W up to or on the green and make a par.

You're wedge game is good, however far you hit your driver it's far enough, and you putt well. You have the tools to score. I played with you. I know you can score if you get out of your own way.

The only thing holding you back is your brain. You should go out to play a round of golf, hit a few balls to warm up, then play the whole round with one practice swing. Pick a very specific target on every shot, and swing at it. Make it that simple. Honest to God, it's right there. Just take it.

And if it doesn't work, pretend someone else told you this. lol. But I bet it will.

Kevin

Matt, if I was you I would stay off the launch monitors and stop looking at the freaking GPS. You have some game, now play some golf. STOP thinking about your golf swing, stop thinking about how far you are hitting or can hit it, and get out there and score. You hook one? So what, hit the next one up by the green and get up and down. Don't worry about why you hooked it. Top it? Big freakin' deal. Slam a 3W up to or on the green and make a par.

You're wedge game is good, however far you hit your driver it's far enough, and you putt well. You have the tools to score. I played with you. I know you can score if you get out of your own way.

The only thing holding you back is your brain. You should go out to play a round of golf, hit a few balls to warm up, then play the whole round with one practice swing. Pick a very specific target on every shot, and swing at it. Make it that simple. Honest to God, it's right there. Just take it.

And if it doesn't work, pretend someone else told you this. lol. But I bet it will.

Kevin

I agree with all of this! Well said Kevin.

Kevin

Thanks buddy- I do appreciate it. I know I need to stop thinking lol. I tried the no practice swing routing ala JB and OneT. Didn't work too well!

I took practice swings until it felt right- then step up and hit it with good results. But that slows me down, the last thing i want is to be a burden to people or have them not want to play with me. That is the direct opposite of what I had ever hoped.

On the other hand i hate to play poorly so I'm trying to find a delicate balance lol.

Thanks for the kind words kevin

Kevin

This post is filled with great advice from Esox. I used to take 3 or 4 swings before each shot, now if I take 1 it's out of the ordinary.

This post is filled with great advice from Esox. I used to take 3 or 4 swings before each shot, now if I take 1 it's out of the ordinary.

Yeah the only time I take more than 1 is with a chip/pitch and I am trying to get the feel of the grass. I have been putting better with no practice strokes.

I take pride in taking my brain out of my golf game. It makes me happier to just go hit the ball, than to think about hitting the ball.

Thanks buddy- I do appreciate it. I know I need to stop thinking lol. I tried the no practice swing routing ala JB and OneT. Didn't work too well!

I took practice swings until it felt right- then step up and hit it with good results. But that slows me down, the last thing i want is to be a burden to people or have them not want to play with me. That is the direct opposite of what I had ever hoped.

On the other hand i hate to play poorly so I'm trying to find a delicate balance lol.

Thanks for the kind words kevin

Give it a chance. Most of all forget about the last shot, and don't think about where the next might go. Pick a target and do your thing. I'll play golf with you anytime. You're slow, but I don't mind being driven a little crazy. Actually, I'd love to play a round of golf with you and have you let me talk you through it. I think I could help you.

Kevin

Actually, I'd love to play a round of golf with you and have you let me talk you through it. I think I could help you.

Kevin

That sounds highly entertaining actually. Sign me up!

I had an eventful weekend with the metalwoods. I played my first rounds since TMC and it was great. I had my swing grooving for the most part throughout the weekend and hit some quality shots....

Par 5 9th: Hit a drive right down the middle with the R11 and was left with 210 to the pin. Pulled the Rescue11 and put a nice, smooth swing on it. The ball went right at the pin and ended up 5' short, leaving me with an uphill putt for eagle. Like most of my putts that day, I tugged it a hair and had a tap in bird. Ryan #2 drained the putt with ease though.

Par 5 13th: Hit a nice drive over some trees on this dogleg right leaving me with 225 to the back of the green, which is where the pin was. Pulled the Rescue11 once more and hit a great shot that landed on the center and ended up at the back leaving me with a 20' curling putt. I nearly holed the eagle putt, but was left with a tap in bird.

I hit a few more great drives (for me) over the weekend. I am really loving the R11 driver, 3w, and Rescue11 hybrid. I have pondered going with a different driver, but the R11 impressed me once more over the weekend and pulled me back in. The Rescue11 is becoming easier and easier to hit and I don't hesitate to pull it from the bag. I may fool around with the loft settings on it this weekend since I have kept it on neutral up until this point.

Great update DD! I'm playing tomorrow and hopefully will have a positive update like yours about my Taylormade metal woods.

Great update DD! I'm playing tomorrow and hopefully will have a positive update like yours about my Taylormade metal woods.

Thanks CB, good luck tomorrow man!

I have been anit-white all year long. I think it is my natural tendency to buy what no one else is buying. I really need to check out some TM woods based on what I have been reading in this thread. Time to stop my personal embargo of TM stuff! They've been more than gracious with us at THP and my near decade long ignorance of the brand has officially stopped.

Back