The Longest Fairway Wood?

Went into the shop today looking for one of these and found a 13* stiff. It was marked as a demo for some reason, a few faint lines on the sole, but brand new-$85-sold. Took it out on the course and can understand why it did well in the testing. It is long off the tee and easy to hit off the deck. I love the light shaft too!

The longest fairway wood for me is the Mashie M1. I know it's not really a wood, but it consistently goes longer than any 3 wood I've hit. Chalk it up to better contact as I guess I just can't put a swing on FW's.

After today's round, I am this close to making a switch. One more round may send me over the top. I hit the FL so well on teh course today that I am surprised it has not happened yet. 3 times off the tee and twice off the deck and each ball made me want to hit it again.

After today's round, I am this close to making a switch. One more round may send me over the top. I hit the FL so well on teh course today that I am surprised it has not happened yet. 3 times off the tee and twice off the deck and each ball made me want to hit it again.

The FL is soooooooooooo, nice. I love these fairways to death.

After today's round, I am this close to making a switch. One more round may send me over the top. I hit the FL so well on the course today that I am surprised it has not happened yet. 3 times off the tee and twice off the deck and each ball made me want to hit it again.

It's a no brainer the way you were smoking that thing dude!

It's a no brainer the way you were smoking that thing dude!

The insider has spoken. You saw it, I was just loving that club.

I love that feeling!! Just make the switch, you'll thank me later.... :D

These clubs sound nice. Hey does anyone want to give me one?

These clubs sound nice. Hey does anyone want to give me one?

Your local Cleveland detailer will be happy to give you one, after you give them $200.

After playing this one again with forum member Tadashi yesterday, I hit it really well again and it has replaced the Octane in my bag. I think its more of a shaft thing than a head thing, because I love the club heads on both of them, but find the C. Kua Miyazaki shaft to be superior for my game. I have now put it up against basically every fw wood that has come out this year and it is the best I have hit for my game.

After playing this one again with forum member Tadashi yesterday, I hit it really well again and it has replaced the Octane in my bag. I think its more of a shaft thing than a head thing, because I love the club heads on both of them, but find the C. Kua Miyazaki shaft to be superior for my game. I have now put it up against basically every fw wood that has come out this year and it is the best I have hit for my game.

I have been killing this 3W lately. Absolutely killing it. Just a tad higher ball flight than I would like

I was wondering when it would find its way back into your bag. For some reason I thought you were hitting a 17*. I now firmly believe the shaft is the most important part of the equation when it comes to drivers and fairways.

I was wondering when it would find its way back into your bag. For some reason I thought you were hitting a 17*. I now firmly believe the shaft is the most important part of the equation when it comes to drivers and fairways.

I was and loved it. Still do. When I put both on the monitor though, the 15* was giving me better numbers. So I made the switch.

Dayum, surprised to see the Octane go to be honest. You hit it so well. That speaks volumes for that FL. Truth be told, I've never hit one. I wouldn't mind to, but I've yet to see one in LH.

Dayum, surprised to see the Octane go to be honest. You hit it so well. That speaks volumes for that FL. Truth be told, I've never hit one. I wouldn't mind to, but I've yet to see one in LH.

Learn to play righty. Think of all the things you can test!

Don't get it twisted, he hit this thing like it was his job. I mean I had all sort of issues when I was testing FW but JB does not. He hit it on hole #4 of the New course into a 15mph cross breeze and it never left it's line.

JB...If I see another FW in your bag next week I will send you home to get this one. It should not leave your bag.

Kongfrontation

Don't get it twisted, he hit this thing like it was his job. I mean I had all sort of issues when I was testing FW but JB does not. He hit it on hole #4 of the New course into a 15mph cross breeze and it never left it's line.

JB...If I see another FW in your bag next week I will send you home to get this one. It should not leave your bag.

Kongfrontation

HAHHA

That is funny.

I was and loved it. Still do. When I put both on the monitor though, the 15* was giving me better numbers. So I made the switch.

JB, how do the shaft flexes measure up frequency wise -- my driver SS is low 90s, I have the Mashie's in R flex and that feels about right and performs for me and I really wouldn't want anything stiffer since I have a pretty smooth tempo. Would you say the FL shaft flexes are comparable to the Mashie's?

INTL should match up very well.

Disappointed I didn't see this thread before I got my 4 wood. Although TC mentioned that he hadn't seen it is lefty. does it come in lefty?

Disappointed I didn't see this thread before I got my 4 wood. Although TC mentioned that he hadn't seen it is lefty. does it come in lefty?

Yes...

I'm in heavy ponder mode. This thread isn't helping.

Back