Ping G20 Hybrid Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These arrived at THP HQ and we wanted to get some pictures up for everybody. This will be a great thread for those that try this hybrid out, to post their thoughts and reviews in.

i-V5bV6xr-L.jpg

i-bnc2KjL-L.jpg

i-tKhV3Fd-L.jpg

i-Mj8CFNf-L.jpg

i-bvRkRpt-L.jpg

i-hLjM3z9-L.jpg

Still not a fan of the shape of these but I'm looking forward to hearing the thoughts on this hybrid. Still going to hit it though.

Sole is techy similar to the driver but I really like the looks of it. That thing looks great at address also IMO. Looking forward to seeing what people think about this compared to something like the Mashie, etc. Thanks for the photos!!

I'll be interested to hear more about this one, I'm not crazy about the shape of the Ping hybrids myself. I've never hit one so I can't hate on it yet but I like a mini FW look to my hybrids personally. I am looking forward to hearing more about this one.

exactly why I want to hit it as well....

Sole is techy similar to the driver but I really like the looks of it. That thing looks great at address also IMO. Looking forward to seeing what people think about this compared to something like the Mashie, etc. Thanks for the photos!!

Well, I for one think this is a vast improvement over the G15 hybrid. I really like the finish on the crown. I bet you one thing: this sucker hits em straight.

Visually, the shape is unappealing to me, but I'd like to hit one and see how it works.

I'm one of the few who don't mind the shape. I'd like to hit it as well, just to eliminate the possibilities of eliminating my fairway woods and replacing them with long hybrids.

Yet another ugly club from Ping, no doubt it hits 'em long and straight. Looking forward to the reviews.

I liked the g15 hybrid and almost bought it, that was until I found Mashie love. These look similar and I am sure will be a quality multi use club. Look forward to hearing what others think about it.

Well, I for one think this is a vast improvement over the G15 hybrid. I really like the finish on the crown. I bet you one thing: this sucker hits em straight.

I agree. The G15 hybrid was pretty hard to look at and while it was good for many, it was nothing special for me. I look forward to the review on this one.

I like the looks of this club. Hope to get to try one soon. Not happy with my current hybrids.

Dont care for the way the club looks. Like others have said as a Ping G series it will hit it long and straight.

Not for me, I think its ugly. Sorry ping . But hey can't please everyone

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Wow... I absolutely love the finish. I think it looks a lot simpler than the previous offereings with is something I appreciate. Curious how this one performs.

Nice looking club. Doesnt seem to be as sore thumb looking as the G15.

I think the crown design will make for easy alignment and prevent you from setting it up closed even with that offset.....slight pondering going on for me now with this club....

Wow... I absolutely love the finish. I think it looks a lot simpler than the previous offereings with is something I appreciate. Curious how this one performs.

I like the look of this club, the offset looks a little daunting but if it's anything like the G15 it'll be a very nice club.

I was trying this one out the other day before I bought the Taylormade Rescue. The looks and set up with the offset were difficult to adjust to at first. Ended up being fairly easy to hit long and straight but then I started hitting other things and really liked the Taylormade.

I like the shape too. I also like that the profile appears lower than others I've seen.

agreed...wonder if that translates into less forgiveness?

I like the shape too. I also like that the profile appears lower than others I've seen.

I honestly don't mind the way this looks at all, and if it works the way I would expect it to, I would definitely game it. I will try to find a LH one to swing at the local ranges.

I haven't bought the G20 hybrids yet, Have the K15 Driver and 5w, G20 Irons 6-PW & SW shipping to me today from Ping. I would really like to hear reviews on these hybrids as I plan on completing my bag with 1 or 2.

JB if you are looking for an enthusiastic serious tester for the G20 hybrids I'm your man! Seriously!

Cheers!

Oh man.

I haven't bought the G20 hybrids yet, Have the K15 Driver and 5w, G20 Irons 6-PW & SW shipping to me today from Ping. I would really like to hear reviews on these hybrids as I plan on completing my bag with 1 or 2.

JB if you are looking for an enthusiastic serious tester for the G20 hybrids I'm your man! Seriously!

Cheers!

Umm...

Back