Morgan Cup 2.0 - Is Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. And pumped to hear that Bridgestone is involved!!!

I wanted to bold that because I believe it carries weight too. Call me sensitive and I know some don't mean it to comeout like that but it was a pretty big accomplishment. Barring some of the before and afters, I really hope that doesnt get lost.

I missed the whole build up of the first MC but I thought the event was a huge step to get something like this accomplished. I loved all the videos of people and people were very honest about their experiences with the companies and their equipment. Call MC1 a beta test I guess without it there is no way this thread announcing the 2nd one would be here.

I think it could pretty interesting. Auditions would be fun to watch.

Auditions would be sweet!! And funny too!

Ooohhhh....good idea. Will start my video resume now while sitting on a stack of tires. LOL

I have film for my audition already. ;)

Edit : did I really just say film? I mean video!

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

I didn't think this would be a great idea until you said the bolded. Auditions would be a blast!

I have to say that I'm getting the urge to get out there and start working on my game so I can drop my handicap to a play where I can participate. There's definitely a lot of work involved, but I think it's definitely worth it.

I think participants should be picked by the sponsors and THP.

No way, thats not fair!

I kid of course. I think this event is way too big to just late fate decide.

No way, thats not fair!

Exactly!!!

No way, thats not fair!

I kid of course. I think this event is way too big to just late fate decide.[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding!!!! We have a winner!

No way, thats not fair!

Couldn't agree more.

I'm not gonna speculate on anything, that's up to the bosses here and their corporate "teammates." I do want to say thank you to Bridgestone for stepping up a becoming part of an event like no other.

--
tapatalk

*duplicate post*

Auditions would be funny. I just think THP as a whole should be able to decide who they want at TMC

Hope it's ok to open this can of worms....but I think it has to be on many forum members minds.

What is the best way to make sure that you have participants that will remain active throughout the process?
How do forum members get selected to participate?

I know that for this past MC, it was basically answering questions that you would know the answers to from basically following the forum and then committing the funds to reserve your spot. Could it possibly be done in a similar fashion again?

ETA: I know that THP HQ's will eventually answer these questions for us as a community but I am more looking to feedback from THP about how they think it could be done to eliminate future issues.

Please delete mods if this is not wanted here for discussion at this time.

It will not be done the same way as before. We have some tricks up our sleeves.

I agree with that but man it could cause a lot of hurt feelings and people not understanding if they were not chosen. It would ensure the best possible candidates though.

We always here that "it doesnt matter", but truth is, it does. We dont want to hurt anybodys feelings, at the same time we have to protect THP and The Morgan Cup. Look at recent testing. Heck look at the Nike testing. We sent out 7 sets of irons. These are close to $1000 worth of irons and 2 of the 7 people have vanished. I never thought it would come to having something more than an "understanding" of what needs to be done, but I have learned (albeit not quickly), that there has to be more done.

I wanted to bold that because I believe it carries weight too. Call me sensitive and I know some don't mean it to comeout like that but it was a pretty big accomplishment. Barring some of the before and afters, I really hope that doesnt get lost.

I would never call something like that a bust. Some people worked far too hard to make this thing what it was. From the organizers and companies, to the participants.

Keep quiet you.
We are working out the details on how people will sign up.

I missed the whole build up of the first MC but I thought the event was a huge step to get something like this accomplished. I loved all the videos of people and people were very honest about their experiences with the companies and their equipment. Call MC1 a beta test I guess without it there is no way this thread announcing the 2nd one would be here.

No way! Calling what was accomplished a beta test, undervalues everything that was put into such an incredible weekend and what was pulled off. People do need to remember that NOTHING like this was ever done before.

No way! Calling what was accomplished a beta test, undervalues everything that was put into such an incredible weekend and what was pulled off. People do need to remember that NOTHING like this was ever done before.

I agree 100%. It was a learning experience for everyone from the companies, to THP, to the participants. It was more work than I had originally thought it would be, and you know what, I am glad I put in the time. Even if my time wasn't as much as some others. Videos were fun as heck to produce, even the email streams were fun to participate in.

Video ideas are hard to come up with, and even harder to execute, esp when your sig other just goes "Are you making another video? ugh" I LOVE the ideas of auditions, that would be wicked. Post them on FB and "Like" them, or figure out a way to get that on the forum, maybe with a voting thread.

Belbs.

I agree that the first MC was a huge accomplishment for THP and everyone else involved. If my time here at THP has proven anything it's that JB and GG are constently looking to add and bring more to each event they host. That's why I'm sure that MC 2.0 will be bigger, better, and awesomer for everyone. I can't wait.

Awesome - thank you for addressing that JB and look forward to learning more!

Tappin' from the iPhone!

I would never call something like that a bust. Some people worked far too hard to make this thing what it was. From the organizers and companies, to the participants.

Completely agree. I bolded what Jake said because I didnt think it was at all.

Yea, it was definitely not a beta or a bust. It was an exceptionally well done event that was groundbreaking in more ways than many people realize. Can't wait to see what happens for the next one! I would have liked to see some more forum participation out of some participants, but the event itself was freaking awesome to me from the coverage to the drama and the equipment.

I meant beta as in it had never been done before (obviously not the right word). Didnt mean to take anything away from MC1. I still am shocked at what everyone was able to pull off in such a short amount of time. It showed what a great community THP has.

The criteria has not been set for this year yet. Also I dont' think the sign up is in the near future. You've posted a good bit lately, keep posting and who knows what will happen.

I'm hoping Cobra will be one of the involved parties. If so I think we HAVE to get TC on that team. Something tells me he could play great with a Long Tom in his hands.

Yea I have been trying to stay as active as possible! I just love this place. You see my little motto in my sig....I just wish I would have found this place a long time ago. Anyways, maybe somehow I will be able to qualify for this! I would love the opprotunity to play in a team event like this. I have played on the AM Tours 2 out of the last 3 years so I know what this atmosphere is like and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!! Im sure the MC 2.0 would be an experience like none other and one that would go into the memory vault forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back