Cleveland Black Driver Video Preview

I think as good as the driver itself looks the headcover looks just as awesome. Usually its one or the other but not both done right.

:rofl: OEM you are killing me...you are gonna OEM this thing just for the head cover aren't you?

:rofl: OEM you are killing me...you are gonna OEM this thing just for the head cover aren't you?

its awesome man. lol. Imagine a bag with a few of those in it.

A badass looking driver deserves a badass looking headcover and Cleveland doesn't disappoint. I'm with kmac. It's mean and great looking!

KellyBo got to hit this driver today at our course. The Cleveland Rep was gone by the time I got back in and had taken the driver with him :eek:(.......

Last edited:
Wow JB, love hearing that you are seeing more of the same with this. It is gorgeous, and at $399, it still is a pretty good deal. No more than other premium drivers, but comes stock with a great shaft. Awesome eagle 2 BTW!

Wow man those are some impressive distances. I can't wait to hit this driver

I'll be at gg Nov 15 when they open, can't wait to hear how the fw performed

tapatalk addict....

JB I'm amazed at the results you are getting from this club. 3 rounds with high % of FIR and added distance. And a 588 dunk to boot...primo!

Kongfrontation

Kinda disappointed with the 399 price tag since they are usually 299 but I think it will be worth it

Kinda disappointed with the 399 price tag since they are usually 299 but I think it will be worth it

With numbers he is putting up, IMO it's worth the price tag.

Kongfrontation

With numbers he is putting up, IMO it's worth the price tag.

Kongfrontation

+1 As much as I love the cleveland woods I have, it makes me really excited to try their newer stuff. I mean, I really like my r11 but man I really love the cleveland stuff and they keep coming out with great equipment!

JB, when are you getting this thing on a Launch Monitor, I can't wait to see it stacked up beside your drivers.

Great looking driver, wonder how the extra light shaft would translate with my game. I've had the most success with heavier shafts (66 - 76g), but can't help but be interested.

I know the details are different..shaft..etc....but it looks very similar to the Nike Machspeed Black.

Great looking driver, wonder how the extra light shaft would translate with my game. I've had the most success with heavier shafts (66 - 76g), but can't help but be interested.

We share similar thoughts. I've always liked heavier shafts until I got my hands on that FL 3wood. It's a real game changer. I really want to try this club for many reasons:

1. I trust JB. If he makes changes, it's always for good reasons
2. It's the best looking driver on the market. I love the all black and I love the silver "CG" on the sole
3. If you trust the light weight, ie, just swing it/tempo it, you get better and more consistent results.

Any word on the fairway review? Even a sneaky pic? :p

its awesome man. lol. Imagine a bag with a few of those in it.

I think with the all black Theme the only thing that would be cooler isva Darth Vader head cover, but where would you find one of those :alien:

Sometime this weekend hopefully.

Thanks JB, can't wait to see the data!

We share similar thoughts. I've always liked heavier shafts until I got my hands on that FL 3wood. It's a real game changer. I really want to try this club for many reasons:

1. I trust JB. If he makes changes, it's always for good reasons
2. It's the best looking driver on the market. I love the all black and I love the silver "CG" on the sole
3. If you trust the light weight, ie, just swing it/tempo it, you get better and more consistent results.

I found no issues with the lighter weight. It is quite noticeable when holding it, but when swinging it, I didnt even think twice about it. It felt very smooth, and the light weight had my swing moving with a nice tempo.

I found no issues with the lighter weight. It is quite noticeable when holding it, but when swinging it, I didnt even think twice about it. It felt very smooth, and the light weight had my swing moving with a nice tempo.

I assume you can feel the head of the club since the shaft is so light. Did the club feel whippie? How was the length an issue?

Kongfrontation

I assume you can feel the head of the club since the shaft is so light. Did the club feel whippie? How was the length an issue?

Kongfrontation

I was a big fan of the Miyazaki shaft, and to me it did not feel whippy at all. I liked the length of the club, .5" shorter than my Superfast, I liked it.

Any word on the fairway review? Even a sneaky pic? :p

Its coming shortly. Uploading some stuff now and then a full thread.

Kongfrontation

Great stuff, can't wait to see pix

tapatalk addict....

Heading out to the range to put this on the launch monitor. Its a pretty crowded range, so hopefully we will get some good info from other golfers as well.

Back